Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

Before you "believe" something know about it.  149 all purpose yards (76 rushing, 3 receiving, and 70 returning).  Also , he had 7 tackles and a fumble return for 27 yards.  I agree that I would take a team effort too.  But , dont talk bad about a great, and yes i said great , player.

825468081[/snapback]

Like I said, Average...how many yards per touch did he amass.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier, you guys were awesome out there today! The atmosphere was exciting and each one of ya'll brought us to the 'Boro! Thanks Bobcats!

To my favorite seniors-Cam, my neighbor, you did great! I loved your touchdown! You've had an awesome season and I love you to death! Jacob-You have done excellent this season. You're leadership on and off the field is something you should be proud of. I love you so much and I'm gonna miss seeeing you play nect year. Daniel-What can I say? You have had one heck of a year and I will definantly miss you next year. You have a great heart for football and you always keep your head held high! I love you to death. And I had to save my best for last.....Dustin Cole-I have loved every minute of watching you play this season. You are awesome, on the field and off. You've got a good head on your shoulders and I hope you can continue to play for college. I'm proud of you and I love you to death sweetheart!

I got a chance to talk to my dad for a few minutes at the end of the game and I was told to tell ya'll that he is so proud of each of you, and to the seniors, he wished he could have seen ya'lls state game in person, but he'll settle for the tape, and that he wished he could have seen more than just two of your games, but he is still proud of ya'll. Great job guys on a great season.

Greenbrier fans-Ya'll are awsome!!! We had hundreds of fans in our stands. It was like a home game on wheels. The support the team has from the community shows how much they are loved!

We love you CATS and are so proud of you! thumb

Which guy on your team was even nominated Mr. Football???    :lol:  Oh, yeah.....now I remember.  Nobody.

825468048[/snapback]

I don't want this to seem like we are bashing a high school player. We are only putting this in perspective.

Lets go back to another famous individual award that is voted on and very biased- 1997 Heisman Trophy award. I think the NFL record books will set it straight. Peyton Manning: NFL Hall of Famer, Charles Woodson: very good DB...period. 100 years from now Peyton will still be in the record books, Woodson will be a blimp on the radar. Fulton will leave a legacy, Greenbrier and Herndon will be a blimp on the radar.

I hate that we are going back and forth about a high school player. I don't want this to be about a kid. It shouldn't be. The fact is the best players in middle TN would only be average in Region 2-3A.

So, keep playing the David versus Goliath role. I am sure one day David will win. When that happens, I will not make excuses. No comments about bad fans, moral wins or supposed "great " players, just major props for the win. Until then, I will savour our victory and proclaim Fulton as "the best, bar none". No one west of Fulton can touch us.

Edited by tsmoke

Fulton you did a great job and got them back to back....heck go ahead and get your rooms for next year...

Mr Football is more than just one game.

It has to do with how you handle yourself on and off the field...

How you do in school....your grades...your involvement in the community.

The total package. offense and defense

Signature move?????

Herndon is not that way...He picks up his yardage...Over 4500 rushing in his carrer.. and goes back to the huddle.

He hands the ball to the ref instead of throwing it down.

If he makes a big play he doesn't bounce around like an overpaid professional athlete he goes about his business.

When he scores he hands the ball to the offical.

He does the things that make great athletes.

And if your talking shake and bake moves I really wish we could have seen them today also. He earned every yard he got today.

You can talk about region 5 3A and the competition level all you want... The strength of schedule has had Greenbrier listed in the top three all year. Our combined opponets wins are higher than any other team in 3a according to Cal prep http://www.unapproved website.com/2004/Tennessee_rat..._1_division.htm

Fulton had several players who deserved awards for todays game. They played excellent. Herndon also deserved the award he got. I bet he would swap trophies right this minute if he could

Ask your coaches who they prepared for and who they had to stop. Fulton did an excellent job.

Congratulations to Fulton 3A Champs

Congratulations to the Bobcats also on an outstanding year that people will remember in our small town.

Man, Greenbrier, I thought after watching the first half that you guys would pull it off. I guess the downfall was not being able to capitalize off of Fulton's many early mistakes. But I will say that watching you guys on TV made me proud. Proud to see what Greenbrier football has become. You guys went over the last 20 years from being a doormat to mediocre to downright powerhouse!!!! The community support is amazing, and I am always impressed by how many players a school of just over 700 dresses out!

Naysayers can say what they want about Herndon,he may not be the flashiest player out there, but the man is an unreal athlete. He does everything! Runs the ball, punts, blocks, covers, holds for kicks, etc. And from what I see on the TV and in interviews, he really comes across as humble. I admire that. I think the city of Greenbrier should erect a statue of him right in front of the stadium....um...ok...well maybe one day..!

But seriously, you guys make us proud to be your neighbors, and I know this current winning tradition at Greenbrier will continue....See you at Bobcat field next year!!!!

Fulton will leave a legacy.

A Legacy???  That's like all your other over melodramtic hype.  White House is coming back to 3A next year, so hold tight to this year's gold ball.  It will be your last.  (And before you get into crap about why we didn't get to the finals this year...just remember, 4A is a whole new world.  Only big boys can play there.)

So, keep playing the David versus Goliath role.  I am sure one day David will win.    Well, actually, this is more Lipscomb's territory....but he already did. 

No comments about bad fans, moral wins or supposed "great " players,

Then I guess we can't talk about East Tennessee

No one west of Fulton can touch us.  AE and Lenoir City already did.  13-2, remember?  Believe what you want......White House will own it next year.

825468161[/snapback]

Edited by WHHS1975

Mr. football Roger Herndon lived up to his billing today. He was much deserving on his award. Not only did he impress me on his offensive skills but his play on the defensive side of the ball was impressive as well. I think he would make a solid def. player on the next level if he opts to go that route. Good Luck to him in the future and hope to hear from him in the years to come. What a gutsy performance by him and his teammates today. I wonder if he is leaning towards any particular school ?

Mr Football is more than just one game.

It has to do with how you handle yourself on and off the field...

How you do in school....your grades...your involvement in the community.

The total package. offense and defense

Signature move?????

Herndon is not that way...He picks up his yardage...Over 4500 rushing in his carrer.. and goes back to the huddle.

He hands the ball to the ref instead of throwing it down.

If he makes a big play he doesn't bounce around like an overpaid professional athlete he goes about his business.

When he scores he hands the ball to the offical.

He does the things that make great athletes.

And if your talking shake and bake moves I really wish we could have seen them today also. He earned every yard he got today.

You can talk about region 5 3A and the competition level all you want... The strength of schedule has had Greenbrier listed in the top three all year. Our combined opponets wins are higher than any other team in 3a according to Cal prep http://www.unapproved website.com/2004/Tennessee_rat..._1_division.htm

825468193[/snapback]

LET ME SAY AGAIN...HERNDON is a fine ball player, but he did not prove to be above any back we played this year.

You guys kill me, you live in a fantasy VACUUM, where you think that the best in Middle TN is automatically the best in the state. Well, let me be the one to bust your bubble...we proved that our Team is ELITE and also proved by our 34-6 victory today and 33-6 last week, that our region is head and shoulders above the rest!!!

Look at you, still grasping at your little "strength of schedule"...we demolished those arbitrary numbers on the field!!!

LET ME SAY AGAIN...HERNDON is a fine ball player, but he did not prove to be above any back we played this year.

You guys kill me, you live in a fantasy VACUUM, where you think that the best in Middle TN is automatically the best in the state.  Well, let me be the one to bust your bubble...we proved that our Team is ELITE and also proved by our 34-6 victory today and 33-6 last week, that our region is head and shoulders above the rest!!! 

Look at you, still grasping at your little "strength of schedule"...we demolished those arbitrary numbers on the field!!!

825468255[/snapback]

msmoker I totally agree Fulton is... and will be the team to beat in the years to come.Your talent really shined today it was awesome hats off to Fulton.

....must be why yall are coming down....

i hate when people say that higher classifications have better teams just because the schools have a couple hundred more students in them.

825468256[/snapback]

Honestly Fultonguy05, you are right on this. We are the perfect example. White House is a school of just over 800 kids and we have held our own in 4A against much bigger schools. So you are right higher classifications can often not mean as much as one might think. Congrats on your back to back title wins. Hope to see you next year!!!!

....must be why yall are coming down....

i hate when people say that higher classifications have better teams just because the schools have a couple hundred more students in them.

825468256[/snapback]

I know Riverdale is for real but I sure would like to see how Fulton could match up with them. I believe people would be surprised.