2A Gold Ball

$guy$

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say the tornadoes by as many as they want to put on the old scoreboard.

they are the real deal... they truly dominate both sides of the ball.

alcoa-35 or more

mustangs-7 maybe

nothing against huntingdon it's just that alcoa is that good and it's the way i see it.

that's why they play the game.. good luck to both teams. thumb

Edited by themagicrooster

Nothing against Huntingdon, but I think Alcoa will win this one.

Alcoa-28

Huntingdon-17

825454597[/snapback]

The worst thing alcoa can do at this point is underestimate their opponent ...West tn plays a different type of ball and for anyone to compare the alcoa-lipscomb score with the milan-huntingdon score would be foolish in the extreme...I believe lipscomb slaughtered alcoa last year and then huntingdon did the same to lipscomb to take home the ball...remember it can and probably will happen again, it'll just be alcoa's turn this time...the tornado's have NOT seen a defense this good this year and they have NOT had to defend backs like weathers and donald....do I think this will be a good game??...ABSOLUTELY....but alcoa need not think that they will come out and score points at will or that lindsey will have a big game cause it ain't gonna happen...both teams need to know what they have to do to win and that's to realize that you don't make it this far without being the BEST team for the job....so don't think huntingdon skated through to this point because I would love to see some east teams come play west tn ball for a weekend...it would be enlightning for some of you....Good Luck to both teams and I can't wait to see this one!

westtn2004state Posted Today, 12:13 AM

Milan was a very good football team there buddy.

just shut up....they were 6-4 coming into the playoffs.....alcoa will be champs so get ready!

825454531[/snapback]

Milan came on at the right time. They were just as good as any 9-1, 8-2 team in the state.

The Stangs bring the Gold Ball home to the West again!!

-treefitty74

Huntington will need to score atleast 35 points to beat Alcoa. I just do not see Huntington doing that?

West teams might play a different kind of football...........BUT I'll take the kind of real football coming out of Blount County! Go Alcoa & Maryville!

I'm looking forward to Double state Championship just like in `2000. Pretty good for two schools in each others backyard!

-BlountCountySportsFan

P.S. Good luck to Fulton in 3A.....I'll be in the stands pulling for ya`!

I think Alcoa will take it by a considerable number after the Lipscomb game.  Huntington didn't prove to me they could beat Alcoa with a 12 to 7 win over Milan.  I'll say Alcoa 35 Huntington 14 like the Lipscomb game

825454463[/snapback]

i love it when people get on here say huntingdon dont have a chance. just keep thinking that because huntingdon is coming to town.

After reading most of the posts on here, its obvious Huntingdon doesn't have a chance. I guess I should save all that high priced gas and just stay home Friday. Ah what the heck, I guess I'll go on and go just to see this great Alcoa team everyone is talking about, after all seeing Lipscomb play was a treat for all us hicks from West TN last year!

After reading most of the posts on here, its obvious Huntingdon doesn't have a chance. I guess I should save all that high priced gas and just stay home Friday. Ah what the heck, I guess I'll go on and go just to see this great Alcoa team everyone is talking about, after all seeing Lipscomb play was a treat for all us hicks from West TN last year!

Just because a couple of guys post that Alcoa can play doesn't mean everybody on this end of the state thinks Alcoa has it wrapped up. I'm sure Alcoa is well aware of what you guys did to Lipscomb in last years championship game. Alcoa is a good football team. They wouldn't be playing for a gold ball if they weren't. But I'm sure Huntingdon is a very good team also. I'm looking forward to a showdown in Murfreesboro next Friday! Congratulations to both teams for making it this far.

If I could ask you Huntingdon guys a favor, last week's thread with DL got down right ridiculous. Three threads were locked because people wanted to talk smack. I was disappointed in fans for both teams. Let's please keep it civil and try to go the whole week without getting one locked.