Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

Alcoa wont get beat on the I formation. Bertier is right, run a 4-4. Blitz from the outside when Boo Weathers goes in motion and even if he doesnt get the ball the linebacker should take his head off so he doesnt sneak out in the flat. Stop the off tackle play to Donald. If you stop thier two main plays and you score, you will win. Make Huntingdon throw to beat you. Ill be the first to say that I think Milan beat themselves last friday night. They stayed in the 5-1 and got trapped. Alcoa, if you stop those two plays and your offense is clicking, its going to be lights out. Since Milan didnt have a good passing game at all, Huntingon still ran their 4-3, but walked up both safetys so they were basically cramming the LOS. I think since Alcoa has a passing game you will keep those two SS back in their zone and you will be successful with your running game,mix the PA in. They will run a cover 2, quick fades will work. Thats a good layout on how to beat Huntingdon, whether you do it is the issue.

For Huntingdon to beat Alcoa. Cram the LOS and play bump man on the recievers.

825461049[/snapback]

WOW! Sure hope Alcoa's coaching staff doesn't read this thread. I'm scared and I'm sayin I am.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BrewVol,

Your post WAY back on page 3 was a perfect summary of this game Friday night. Polls don't matter. Past championships don't matter (between East and West TN). All that matters is the two teams on the field this coming Friday night.

Both are great teams or they wouldn't be there. Depending on the historical dominance of East TN in class AA for a state championship is bad business on Alcoa's part though. History is just that...........history. This west TN team from Huntingdon can play!!!!!!! Tons of talent and a truck load of desire to repeat.

I don't overlook OR disrespect Alcoa in any way by what I say but, the Mustangs have come to a peak the last three weeks and ANY team would have a tough time with them Friday night. I do expect a closer game than the championship game last season but,...............same winner!

BrewVol, remember this, the world scholars once thought the earth was flat and spent hundreds of years trying to prove it. That's history! Friday night, the Mustangs will prove once again that the earth is ROUND!!!!! They have to play their very best game to get it done but, they have been saving their very best for this week. Get-R-Done, H-town.

That comes from the OTHER side of the river in McKenzie, if it can't be us then somebody has to bring it back to 6AA and Carroll Co..

Go Big, Chris. Both O and D!!!!!!!!!!

You guys make it sound so easy to stop a good offense. I guess if you stop Indy's stretch running plays and keep Peyton from having enough time to find his receivers then you can shut the Colts down? Easy to say, harder to do. Its called execution folks. Every coach scouts the next team on their schedule and has tapes to watch to see EXACTLY what kind of schemes their opponent runs. You might be successful in taking away part of an offense by running some ridiculous scheme, but when you do you leave yourself vulnerable somewhere else. (Got a LB blitzing the same way every time you put a guy in motion? Run inside him cause he's already taken himself out of the play) ALcoa and Huntingdon didn't get to this point in the season by changing offenses and defenses every week. Adjustments are made, yes, but the base packages stay the same. Huntingdon did run a 4-4 for part of last week's game. They had Donald, Hastings, Snyder and Taylor on the field together for several snaps. Mansfield knew Milan couldn't get 'em throwing the ball so he put another LB in to help stuff the middle. I'm sure the coaches for Alcoa are busy studying the Mustang films now and have their own ideas of how to stop the Mustang offense. But in the end, it all comes down to which of the 2 teams can execute their respective game plans and impose their will along the others line of scrimmage. As somebody a lot smarter than me once said, "you dance with the one what brung you".

Thanks to my friend on the other side of the River(Crooked Creek)! Good post.

Brewvol, You could make a ton of money sitting beside Terry Bradshaw, Dan Marino, Kirk Herbstreet, ETC on Saturday and Sunday with your right-on insights and summations. Just kidding but I do appreciate your posts.

Edited by NingdonDude

Hey GB,

Come on now, here it is. GB for president of the "Pot Stirers Assn." and ReignyDayz for vice pres. :o

You know that I haven't missed one in post season yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I do now, I'll sure admit it and give the appropriate congrats!!!!!!!!!! thumb

H-town by 14 +/- in a closer one than last season's championship!!!

Hey GB,

Come on now, here it is. GB for president of the "Pot Stirers Assn." and ReignyDayz for vice pres. :o

You know that I haven't missed one in post season yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I do now, I'll sure admit it and give the appropriate congrats!!!!!!!!!! thumb

H-town by 14 +/- in a closer one than last season's championship!!!

825461231[/snapback]

Finally glad someone has caught on to me liking to be the devil's advocate. Go Alcoa!!! Lindsey for the Heisman!!!