Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

How am I tarnishing their win, they have the Gold Ball in Blount Co. don't they. It isnt going anywhere. All I am saying watching the game Saturday, both teams looked equally impressive. I was just asking what people they thought. Guess you can't have any discussion if Maryville fans dont like it.

825471090[/snapback]

Yeah whats your point Gerry? You wished you lived in Maryville??...Thats what I thought.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read where his coach thinks that UT and the other big named school may think he is undersized to play LB on the major D-1 level. I don't think he's undersized. He's listed to be 6'-0", 215 lbs. Is that undersized to you? I don't think it's his size ... I think it's the number of stars besides his name according to the big time recruiting services. That's JMO. He's been under the radar his whole career. I hope his play in the championship game garnered him some attention by some other large schools as well, but I'm ecstatic if he goes to the University of Memphis to play college ball.

825471064[/snapback]

At 6-0 215, you'd think he would be a good fit size-wise at either OLB or one of the cat safety positions in the Memphis system. Which one would just be a matter of whether he can cover the slot WR's.

I bet #10 (Clement i think?) is still sore from all those licks he took. #8 is a flat out headbuster. and none of those hit were late hits, just good plays. I agree the spot on 4th down stunk and should have been a first down. did anybody else notice that no melrose players had "cowboy collars" and neck rolls and stuff that nearly every team you see has on? is it a coach's rule or something? I was very impressed with melrose, I expect them to win it all next year. oh and I have no affiliation with either school these are just my observations.

Yeah whats your point Gerry?  You wished you lived in Maryville??...Thats what I thought.

825471161[/snapback]

I love the place where I live. But that has nothing to do with the questions and comments I have asked. Seems like everyone is avoiding them. So here they are again.

1. 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter, the ball to me was poorly marked by the line judge who had a great view on the play. What does everyone else think?

2. Why did Melrose players always go for the big hit instead of the interception? There were at least three times, the defensive back could of picked the ball but instead layed vicious hits.

3. How come Melrose doesn't run the option? Doing this could of cause Maryville to over pursue and give Melrose the potiental for big plays. They didn't utilize the QB and RB's quickness enough.

Those were the best refs in the state and your still complaining? Watch out folks, debuting in the 2005 football season, INSTANT REPLAY! guess it will be the only way the haters will be happy. And by the way, I watched the game from home, the announcers were saying there were late hits and several pass interference calls that weren't called against melrose, and there is no way you can say that the interception by parnell wasnt one. Completely clean, watch the replays.

Those were the best refs in the state and your still complaining? Watch out folks, debuting in the 2005 football season, INSTANT REPLAY! guess it will be the only way the haters will be happy. And by the way, I watched the game from home, the announcers were saying there were late hits and several pass interference calls that weren't called against melrose, and there is no way you can say that the interception by parnell wasnt one. Completely clean, watch the replays.

825471248[/snapback]

I have seen the replays and the interception was a close one and could of went either way and I think it was a great call by the ref. Do u actually listen to those announcers? They are horrible, I just mute the TV and watch.

Also, the game-sealing interception hit the ground.  Welcome to Maryville.  Home of the Tainted 2004 4A State Championship Trophy

825471230[/snapback]

Hahaha, thank you so much eagle, I havent had a good laugh like that in a while. You are just like the rest of the people on this thread that come up with excuses for Maryville's victory. It just shows your ignorance on the subject and your incompetence. If Melrose had really wanted to take home the gold ball they should have made the big plays when they needed to, but they didnt. And for god's sake all they had to do was make the PAT, and we would have been looking at a very good OT possibly going Melrose's way. So dont even try to make excuses of why Maryville won and didnt win. Basically, it all boils down to those few who make excuses are just jealous of Maryville, and wish they could be as great as this program is.

Edited by Somedude

Somedude, no one wants to be associated with a program whose fans are so arrogant and won't even answer simple questions about the game. I have never down the players or coaches at Maryville and never will. But I don't want to be part of a fan base that believes they are God's gift to football. So how about answering my questions and stop avoiding them. Here they are again,

1. 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter, the ball to me was poorly marked by the line judge who had a great view on the play. What does everyone else think?

2. Why did Melrose players always go for the big hit instead of the interception? There were at least three times, the defensive back could of picked the ball but instead layed vicious hits.

3. How come Melrose doesn't run the option? Doing this could of cause Maryville to over pursue and give Melrose the potiental for big plays. They didn't utilize the QB and RB's quickness enough.

These are all very reasonable questions.

Somedude, no one wants to be associated with a program whose fans are so arrogant and won't even answer simple questions about the game. I have never down the players or coaches at Maryville and never will. But I don't want to be part of a fan base that believes they are God's gift to football. So how about answering my questions and stop avoiding them. Here they are again,

These are all very reasonable questions.

825471419[/snapback]

Ok you want some answers?

1. I have no answer to this question, seeing is how I had no view of the ball and where it was spotted. I only go by the ref's call.

2. I dont know why they didnt go for any INTs, maybe they thought they had a better chance to make a defensive stop. This question is impossible to answer, because we are not the Melrose defense and cannot speak for their team.

3. If Melrose would have run the option it might have been damaging to the Maryville team or it might not have. No one will know how that would have turned out, and I cant say why they didnt because once again I am not the Melrose coaching staff.

The reason no one answers your questions is because they are impossible to answer. For someone to answer them would just be stating there opinion, and not giving actual facts seeing that no one can assume the role of the Melrose defense or team and give you definite answers to your questions.

I am not being arrogant, people are just giving lame excuses for why Maryville won, and they have no idea what they are talking about.

somedude, any one with football knowledge can answer these questions. they are opinion based and from your answers you seem no to know alot about the game. I havent given a lame excuse of why Maryville won, I just said the game could went the other way and coaching played a big role in the victory.

825471445[/snapback]

You asked for answers, not opinions.