Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

okey rebel fans. No rest for the werry. They don't rest. So we don't rest. This just in. Maryville plays more tha one sport and with the support maybe we can get deeper in the playoffs and win another championship. Don't be like Tennessee fans with the 2 sport concept Football and spring Football. We have basketball girls basketball and baseball left. Support Maryville high school not just Maryville high football!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17, the db that the TD was caught on and # 82 are also Freshmen

825470921[/snapback]

OMW:

Speaking of those freshman. You may be familiar with the 'Athlethes Of The Week' portion that is presented in the "Prep Insider" section of the Comercial Appeal that is in the sports section every Tuesday. Since you are in Tx, and I don't know if you can view this info from the paper's online site, let me give what is said in the paper. It appears that the CA selected #33, freshman Antonio Harper as the Defensive player of the week. I quote:

Antonio Harper, Melrose linbacker: Harper, a 6-2, 170 pound freshman, registered a game high 10 solo tackles in an impressive all-around display for the Golden Wildcats in their narrow Class 4A title-game loss to Maryville. Harper also broke up two passes and recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter

OMW ... just think ... he's coming back for 3 more years ... who do you think is going to step into Baby Ray's shoes next year? You were right ... Melrose is going to be loaded next year.

OMW:

Speaking of those freshman. You may be familiar with the 'Athlethes Of The Week' portion that is presented in the "Prep Insider"  section of the Comercial Appeal that is in the sports section every Tuesday. Since you are in Tx, and I don't know if you can view this info from the paper's online site, let me give what is said in the paper. It appears that the CA selected #33, freshman Antonio Harper as the Defensive player of the week. I quote:

OMW ... just think ... he's coming back for 3 more years ... who do you think is going to step into Baby Ray's shoes next year? You were right ... Melrose is going to be loaded next year.

825472669[/snapback]

Yes Sir! Word has it that the Freshman class was as loaded as ever this year and as I mentioned earlier, The JV was undefeated.

Not to mention what is coming from the Jr. High schools which I hear has big promise. Plus we have Courtney, Monte, Cooper and a host of others returning. I will call Woo's uncle and see what the linebacker prospects are for replacing Baby Ray. I heard the JV quarterback (Freshman) is good too.

It should be interesting.

Will their be a qb switch in the off-season?

825472797[/snapback]

Why do you ask that? Maddison is only a sophmore, and he passed for over 1,100 yards this season. He will only get better. I don't see a QB change at all. I'm not the coach ... but that's my opinion.

okey rebel fans. No rest for the werry. They don't rest. So we don't rest. This just in. Maryville plays more tha one sport and with the support maybe we can get deeper in the playoffs and win another championship. Don't be like Tennessee fans with the 2 sport concept Football and spring Football. We have basketball girls basketball and baseball left. Support Maryville high school not just Maryville high football!

825472578[/snapback]

Well, people usually support there high school football teams on a FOOTBALL thread. There is a seperate place to talk about basketball.

Why do you ask that? Maddison is only a sophmore, and he passed for over 1,100 yards this season. He will only get better. I don't see a QB change at all. I'm not the coach ... but that's my opinion.

825472865[/snapback]

He is too short for the qb position if you ask me. Melrose should implement the option into their offense they are athletic enough to do it.