Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

Maryville will lose most key players from the offence and some great secondary players.  Hard to replace kids all.  I do think Maryville's front seven will be a great deal stronger and more physical next year given they all stay healthey and come back next year.  There will be compentition at many positions and all of the Maryville kids know that being the starter this year means very little during spring practice which starts Feb/Mar normally.  All positions will be earned at Maryville.

Maybe we will see Melrose next year, but if that is to happen Maryville has allot of work to do.

825470927[/snapback]

Maryville always seems to have what it takes to get back or real close. I would be surprised to not see them reload. Saturday was my first tme seeing Maryville and I was impressed.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you kwc.  everyone makes the ref excuses every week and it gets old.

825470910[/snapback]

I wan't making excuses, I am not a Melrose fan. I was the game and saw that. Those hits on Maryville recievers were legal. You need to tell Cade not to hang them out to dry. I was not making any excuses, I said in my post Maryville won. I was just seeing what everyone else thought about the play.

Maryville always seems to have what it takes to get back or real close.  I would be surprised to not see them reload.  Saturday was my first tme seeing Maryville and I was impressed.

825470935[/snapback]

Thank you Sir, and don't ever think we Maryville fans were not impressed by your Catz! Best competion we've seen in years. My son told me he saw a great deal of class from the Melrose players and some of those licks were tough. If Melrose is getting most of those kids back they will be the "Beast In The West" without question.

I wan't making excuses, I am not a Melrose fan. I was the game and saw that. Those hits on Maryville recievers were legal. You need to tell Cade not to hang them out to dry. I was not making any excuses, I said in my post Maryville won. I was just seeing what everyone else thought about the play.

825470939[/snapback]

You need to tell yourself not to speak about something you know nothing of. Cade barely ever throws a pass that is not on target. How can you expect a QB not to ever make a bad pass? If he didnt he would not be human. I think you are just looking for someone to bash just because your team was not at Murfreesboro. Gerry, I believe its time you let this one go.

825470939[/snapback]

you just weren't happy with the end results ! excuses are for losers !! you need to look at the example of the classy Melrose fans on here and follow their example . i don't see them whining about anything ... they're already planning how they can be better next year . Maryville didn't make excuses when they got beat last year , they just came out even more determined this year .

Thank you Sir, and don't ever think we Maryville fans were not impressed by your Catz!  Best competion we've seen in years.  My son told me he saw a great deal of class from the Melrose players and some of those licks were tough.  If Melrose is getting most of those kids back they will be the "Beast In The West" without question.

825470942[/snapback]

Thanks, Maybe we can make this a yearly thing. :unsure:

Melrose fans - now that you've been to the championship game, it will be easier to get back. You all have been very close a couple years now, and this time it was even closer for the championship. In 97 Maryville got killed by Pearl Cohn, but made it back the next year for a difinitive win that was the first of the five championships. Congratulations on a great game, and I really do expect to see you all back next year.

Thank you Sir, and don't ever think we Maryville fans were not impressed by your Catz!  Best competion we've seen in years.  My son told me he saw a great deal of class from the Melrose players and some of those licks were tough.  If Melrose is getting most of those kids back they will be the "Beast In The West" without question.

825470942[/snapback]

Ditto what OMW stated. I was impressed as well. Not many players catch Cooper from behind when he breaks a long one. That was special in itself. That game was like a classic 'Ali-Frazier' or 'Leanard-Hearns' fight. Two very special opponents when only one can win.

Question for the Maryville fans ... Are there any colleges looking to hire Quarles?

Coach Ingram for Melrose has made it known that he's leaving to coach in the next level if the right opportunity presents itself. Hopefully, that won't happen for a while.

And

If they come a calling ... does he leave if the right opportunity presents itself? He's definately a good coach!

Melrose fans - now that you've been to the championship game, it will be easier to get back.  You all have been very close a couple years now, and this time it was even closer for the championship.  In 97 Maryville got killed by Pearl Cohn, but made it back the next year for a difinitive win that was the first of the five championships.  Congratulations on a great game, and I really do expect to see you all back next year.

825470959[/snapback]

Hopefully so....You know that ball can bounce real funny sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'd read this before the game, I'd probably have taken offense and fired back. However, it's after the game now. It's after a nice weekend. It's after my boys won another gold ball...so I'm in good spirits.

Actually, you were mostly right. I should have premised the entire post by saying that it's just my opinion as a Rebel fan. I do that for every game and usually the opposition never responds. The Rebel fans know me and know where I'm coming from, so it's my mistake for not taking into consideration my audience.

Thanks for your kind words about our program and best of luck next year.

825470219[/snapback]

Papa Chois,

Congratulations again on Maryville's win.

FYI... I understood fully where you were coming from, with your pre-game assestment. I knew that it was just your opinion-- to which I fully respect. I enjoy playing devil's advocate sometimes, that's all. I just wanted to "muddy the waters, to cause (hopefully) the Maryville faithful to feel a bit nervous about the outcome of the game with Melrose--you know, to have a bit of doubt...to stop and THINK--"what if..."

As a Melrose fan, I certaintly had my concerns about how our squad would fare against Maryville! So, I admit, I sorta' kinda' needed to have some sort of reason to BELIEVE that Maryville's win was NOT a foregone conclusion--that Melrose actually COULD win that game!

Anyway, Papa Chois, you're a gentleman and good sport. It was fun talking 'bout the game, without the clutter of "smack talk." Thanks for the well wishes--Melrose will be back. We'll see ya'll next year... Best of luck to your squad as well.

--TraderB

Ditto what OMW stated. I was impressed as well. Not many players catch Cooper from behind when he breaks a long one. That was special in itself. That game was like a classic 'Ali-Frazier' or 'Leanard-Hearns' fight. Two very special opponents when only one can win.

Question for the Maryville fans ... Are there any colleges looking to hire Quarles?

Coach Ingram for Melrose has made it known that he's leaving to coach in the next level if the right opportunity presents itself. Hopefully, that won't happen for a while.

And

If they come a calling ... does he leave if the right opportunity presents itself? He's definately a good coach!

825470971[/snapback]

My internet feed was having issues on that run where Cooper was caught. Did the tackler have an angle on Cooper, was Cooper at full speed, or was it just a run down?