Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dmoyers1 ... FBE ... and others, give me your opinion on the article that your paper wrote on Melrose. What do you think about GQ's comments? Just curious.

825463815[/snapback]

I think coach is being coach and sending a message to the team. He is really good at communicating directly AND indirectly. He's challenging our defense a lil...calling them out a lil. He's also giving props where props are due....no denying that.

6 ft, 180 lbs huh? He might wanna visit with Mr. Riggs on what to expect against Maryville. his size will be an advantage behind the line.

Nope, make no mistake man, coach is playing the mantal side in that article. Don't think we don't have speed too. I agree with him and have said so...it'll take us a series or two to adjust. It did twice against Hillsboro...we know how that turned out.

Sounds like Quarles has a ton of respect for Melrose.

Everybody knows that Melrose has a ton of athletes. I think this game will be close. This will be the best game of all. Both teams are great. Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose this ballgame. Both teams will have to bring their A game to win.

Here is the thing about Maryville. They don't have no tendencies. They will run out of passing formations and pass out of running formations. They will pass on 1st down and run on 1st down. They are unpredictable. I have seen them run the ball all the way down the field then pass the ball on the 5 yd line. Maryville has only ran 2 trick plays that I know of. One was a reverse pass in the Powell game that Tyler Maples dropped. The other trick play was the double pass against Central. That one worked to perfection. I guarantee you Quarles has a ton of tricks up his sleeve.

I talked to a few players. I asked them about Melrose on tape. The 1st thing that they said is Melrose is fast. I think Melrose has their full attention.

coach quarles is good about making little comments to the public challenging our team. he never comes out and says, "we are going to win" or anything, he always has the utmost respect for the other team, and always issues a public challenge to the team. Coach Quarles knows how to get into the head of our players, not only is he a great coach on the field, but a great coach of mental toughness

Just curious... but how does Melrose expect to put up 20 or 30 points when they've only been capable of that once during the play offs... Their other scores of 14-12, 13-7, and 20-14 against teams that aren't ranked 1st in the state and have been year round... So I find it hard to believe that Maryville will allow 20 or 30 points to a team that has only managed to get above 30 this entire playoffs... Maryville wins this one 35-13

I dont think that anyone is going to score 20 points on Melrose...i know you didnt say that but with 20 being your highest prediction i dont really think thats gonna happen...if maryville scores 15...i think Melrose will score 20-30....GO GOLDEN WILDCATS!!!

825463410[/snapback]

you must not know anything at all about the Maryville program. our offense is unstoppable. if you think the melrose defense is going to hold us to only 20 points you are in for a huge surprise. Cade Thompson is not to be stopped and i doubt that you are going to be able to contain AB and tallent. i cant wait to see the look on all you melrose's fans faces when we bust about about 28 points. its gonna be priceless

Melrose undoubtably has a good defense... as Maryville also undoubtably has a great offense.. Those two factors seem to be well known between both sides... However, the point that everyone is seeming to miss, is that Maryville also has a good defense, and Melrose has a horrible offense, the deciding factor in these games will be Melrose offense vs. Maryville's D.. This will lead Maryville to a

31 -13 victory

Just curious... but how does Melrose expect to put up 20 or 30 points when they've only been capable of that once during the play offs...  Their other scores of 14-12, 13-7, and 20-14 against teams that aren't ranked 1st in the state and have been year round...  So I find it hard to believe that Maryville will allow 20 or 30 points to a team that has only managed to get above 30 this entire playoffs...  Maryville wins this one 35-13

825463877[/snapback]

Correction NoOneParticular:

Melrose beat JCM 20-12, not 14-12.

I think coach is being coach and sending a message to the team.  He is really good at communicating directly AND indirectly.  He's challenging our defense a lil...calling them out a lil.  He's also giving props where props are due....no denying that.

6 ft, 180 lbs huh?  He might wanna visit with Mr. Riggs on what to expect against Maryville.  his size will be an advantage behind the line.

Nope, make no mistake man, coach is playing the mantal side in that article.  Don't think we don't have speed too.  I agree with him and have said so...it'll take us a series or two to adjust.  It did twice against Hillsboro...we know how that turned out.

825463853[/snapback]

Thanks dmoyers1 for your response.

Sounds like Quarles has a ton of respect for Melrose.

Everybody knows that Melrose has a ton of athletes. I think this game will be close. This will be the best game of all. Both teams are great. Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose this ballgame. Both teams will have to bring their A game to win.

Here is the thing about Maryville. They don't have no tendencies. They will run out of passing formations and pass out of running formations. They will pass on 1st down and run on 1st down. They are unpredictable. I have seen them run the ball all the way down the field then pass the ball on the 5 yd line. Maryville has only ran 2 trick plays that I know of. One was a reverse pass in the Powell game that Tyler Maples dropped. The other trick play was the double pass against Central. That one worked to perfection. I guarantee you Quarles has a ton of tricks up his sleeve.

I talked to a few players. I asked them about Melrose on tape. The 1st thing that they said is Melrose is fast. I think Melrose has their full attention.

825463856[/snapback]

Thanks RebelRon for your response to my inquiry.

However, the point that everyone is seeming to miss, is that Maryville also has a good defense, and Melrose has a horrible offense, the deciding factor in these games will be Melrose offense vs. Maryville's D..

A horrible offense?...they had a Mr. Football finalist at runningback, they can throw the ball just as well as they can run it...a horrible offense?...you've gotta be kidding me...the Melrose offense is gonna be driving up and down the field all afternoon on maryville...you'll see how "horrible" the Melrose offense is when Graig Cooper runs you over Saturday afternoon...and when the Wildcats are holding that gold ball Saturday afternoon your gonna be eating your words my friend....GO GOLDEN WILDCATS!!!!!!!