Best Rivalries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!! oh but wait...to be a rivalry, dont both teams have to win every now and then?  oh well, white co. might win one in the next 10 years!  dont hold your breath though!      I will be there with alot of the student body and it will be crazy.  they will probably have to pull the top bleachers out on one side of the gym for this one as they did last night.  I think it will be a good game, but i do think that cookeville will come out on top once again because they have a lot of just pure shooters who can flat-out shoot!

825458960[/snapback]

tyler22.....I've been watching this rivalry for years and White Co. has won more times than Cookevillle. Especially from the mid 90's to 2000. Remember, we were back to back state champs in 98 and 99 and we mopped the floor with Cookeville by 30 points just about every time we played them. Not bad for a little high school less than half as big as Cookevilles. ;) Get your facts right. thumb

Edited by 85warrior

Tommorrow night McCallie plays Temple and it got me to thinking: What are the best high school rivalries in the truest sense of the what that means.  McCallie and Temple will play each other twice this year as they always do.  And the sportsmanship in these games over the years has been outstanding.  There is mutual respect player to player and the coaches are both good men who respect each other greatly and the games are a war. 

0When all is said and done, the players still have respect for each other and give props for their opponents as they should and the coaches hang out together.  It is what makes high school bb what it should be. 

What are some of the other great competitions to watch?

825457399[/snapback]

Yeah us (McCallie) and Temple respect each other a lot. We play pick-up throughout the Spring together and play on the same summer league teams. So yeah we all know each other so it should be a very sportsmanlike game but at the same time we are both really competitive with each other.

Top Chattanooga Rivals:

1)Howard - Brainerd

Play at UTC arena sometimes and even then its crowded.

2) McCallie - Baylor

Always sold out no matter which school hosts.

3) Bradley - Cleveland

Again, always sold out and always promises good, fundamental basketball with high flyers like Charles Little recently. Usually some of the best players in the state play in this game.

4) Boyd - Temple

The Best 1a game to go see. Always packed. 1a ball at its finest.

These aren't in any order I just numbered them so they'd be easier to read.