East Tenn, Wow

a-town1408

It just doesn't make sense, how every year all of the people from the west get on this website and talk about how bad the east is compared to the west. It seems to me that there more golden balls that come back to the east than there ever will be to the west. I mean if you look at the 2000 season when Alcoa played Union City. Everyone was on here talking about how that UC was going to come out and play smash mouth football and how there is no way that Alcoa can match the size and strength of the Golden Tornadoes. Well if I remember correctly, Alcoa won that game and simply utilized their speed on that turf like no one had ever seen before. That is just one example of the east being underestimated and then showing everyone who was boss. This year it looks as though the east will be bringing home three golden balls (Acoa, Fulton, and Maryville). Just want to here some responses about why people look past the facts and build up the west to be such dominating football over the east when they are obviously not. What does everyone think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just doesn't make sense, how every year all of the people from the west get on this website and talk about how bad the east is compared to the west.  It seems to me that there more golden balls that come back to the east than there ever will be to the west.  I mean if you look at the 2000 season when Alcoa played Union City.  Everyone was on here talking about how that UC was going to come out and play smash mouth football and how there is no way that Alcoa can match the size and strength of the Golden Tornadoes.  Well if I remember correctly, Alcoa won that game and simply utilized their speed on that turf like no one had ever seen before.  That is just one example of the east being underestimated and then showing everyone who was boss.  This year it looks as though the east will be bringing home three golden balls (Acoa, Fulton, and Maryville).  Just want to here some responses about why people look past the facts and build up the west to be such dominating football over the east when they are obviously not.  What does everyone think?

825458106[/snapback]

I take it you think Boyd will not bring home the gold ball?

AE - I bet I could name one of those teams you think things are looking bad for :P

Actually, it would make me feel really good if you picked against Maryville.  That would just about seal it up.

Just curious, which is the other team?

825459741[/snapback]

Probly Fulton.........just bitterness Roadrunner........Elliot's gon get his.....a big ole FALCON ring......haha.......Who'd have though that?!?!?!