MARYVILLE EARNS NEW ROAD SIGNS

MaryvilleRebels

First off congrats to Maryville on the Championship. I would like to add how nice all of the Melrose fans were, me and my buddy sat on their side and had great conversations with many of their fans. They are really passionate about their football and it was great to see them come out and support their team. Now on to the game, I was impressed with both teams. Maryville executed very well and played great football on both sides. Melrose dominated on defense and yes those safteies would knock off your head if they gave you the chance. The Melrose defense seemed to have trouble with the option all night long. Melrose offense was the low point in the game, they couldn't put together and established drive. I would of like to seen more hitches in the passing game and running the option. I hink this may of given Maryville trouble. But man what a great game, congrats to both teams.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off congrats to Maryville on the Championship. I would like to add how nice all of the Melrose fans were, me and my buddy sat on their side and had great conversations with many of their fans. They are really passionate about their football and it was great to see them come out and support their team. Now on to the game, I was impressed with both teams. Maryville executed very well and played great football on both sides. Melrose dominated on defense and yes those safteies would knock off your head if they gave you the chance. The Melrose defense seemed to have trouble with the option all night long. Melrose offense was the low point in the game, they couldn't put together and established drive. I would of like to seen more hitches in the passing game and running the option. I hink this may of given Maryville trouble. But man what a great game, congrats to both teams.

825468258[/snapback]

Yeah, Melrose apparently didn't prepare as much for the option game, that's really where Maryville had success on offense. Melrose didn't show any kind of a short passing game, which surprised me...I guess they like to either run or throw long, I hadn't really had a chance to watch them closely until today.

What a game it was with Melrose. I thought Cade did a great job of running the option. Antonio Byner and Ryan Tallent ran the ball hard. Ryan Jenkins made a great catch on a fade pass. Steven Childs had a great catch for a touchdown. Maryville did enough on offense to win.

Defensively is where Maryville won this game. Gary Tucker played great. He blocked a kick,had 5 tackles,tipped a pass and recovered a fumble. Matt Valentine,Adam Parnell and Kat Kimsey played well at linebacker. Valentine stopped the running back short of a 1st down and caused a fumble. Parnell's interception sealed the deal for Maryville.Steven Childs running down Graig Cooper was the play of the game. I thought Cooper was gone but Childs showed his speed in running him down. Jim Gaylor,Wayne Thompson,Mark Humphrey and Joe Pinkerton deserve a great big pat on the back for the way they had the defense ready all year.

To all the Rebel seniors that was a job well done. Cade Thompson,Cory Everett,Bobby Browning,Adam Parnell,Jimmy Wallace,Steven Childs,Andrew Clement,Ryan Jenkins,Antonio Byner,Matt Gardner,Rhett Brooks,Jon Mollish,Robby Moore,Kirk Harris,Aaron May,Jeffery Smith,Matt Cox,Dave Garner,Jon Hughes and Aaron Robinette have done a great job of representing the Maryville Rebels. In their time at Maryville High School the Rebels went 57-2 with 3 state titles. Can't get much better than that. I just want to give all those guys a great big THANK YOU.

Melrose fans. That defense was one of the best defenses I ever seen. I never saw a faster defensive team. Gregory Hardy was a great player. I was impressed with the secondary. Everyone of those guys could cover. In my opinion the best defensive player on the Melrose team was Michael Carter #58. That guy whipped our offensive front. Maryville has faced some other great defensive linemen like Brandon Warren,Ray Sykes,Lee Smith,John Bruin and Garret Reynolds. None of them were as good as Michael Carter. What impressed me about the Melrose defense was their ability to tackle in open field. Melrose's defense was fast,physical and would knock your head off.I can see why Melrose only gave up 55 points all year long. I never thought any team would hold Maryville to 7 points. Melrose did it.

2004 Maryville Red Rebels 4A State champs 15-0

what an absolutely amazing game. i thought i was going to die in the student section. their defense was all it was hyped up to be, those guys came to play yesterday and they brought all they had. those guys had tremendous speed and they hit you like a MACK truck. i was extremely impressed with the defense. our offense didnt play too fantastic against this team. their defense was good but Cade was just a little off last night. he made some good passes but also some careless ones, but hey, we will take it as long as it gives us the W. melrose played a great game and good luck to them next season. and Maryville Rebels....thanks for the best season a senior could ask for. 15-0 STATE CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

Congratulations to Maryville and Melrose! When I saw the teams warming up I thought Maryville would have a big advantage with their taller receivers against Melrose`s shorter corners. I thought wrong! Maryville moved the ball well enough to keep the field position in their favor which I thought was huge. So, so much speed for Melrose as advertised. thumb On a side note Happy Birthday to RebelRon and Mrs. DB7!!! :D

Ron, I am very dissappointed that you forgot my main man Jesse Miles! The senior tailback was destined to be AWESOME. This was his first year playing and he suffered a lower back injury that kept him out the majority of the year. Nonetheless he's the fastest guy in the school and look for him to burn up the track this year!