Brandon Wright

mr.giggliefly33

It is interesting to see how everyone seems to know what the "right" thing for Brandon is.  You got people who support, people who hate, and people who wish.  Let the young man just play.  It is really funny because the people saying he is not ready or not good enough have opposite thought than every major college coach hoping he will stay or NBA scouts.  And will be the same people paying to see him play.

825482943[/snapback]

I think everyone for the most part have high regards for this young man. I think he is in a win win situation; if he is ready he will go to the NBA, if not, he is a good student and awesome player that will do very well in college and get prepared for the NBA. Either way, I think he should ultimately end up in the NBA. The route he takes will be what's best for him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will never play a second of college basketball. Family already exploring options. As a top five senior next year he WILL get drafted and get guaranteed money. His best days lie ahead. I hate it because the NBA to me is a joke, but it is hard to turn your back on that kind of guaranteed money. You tell an 18 year-old kid that if he plays it smart he will never work a real job a day in his life. What would you have done? To quote Metallica "sad, but true."

I agree.  He will get drafted.  Make no mistakes about it, Some NBA team will draft him on potential alone.  And 1st round guaranteed money is too good to pass up.

I definitely wish him the best whatever him and his family chooses to do.  It is their decision and not ours.

Good Luck to Brandon.

825483492[/snapback]

First round? Shoot, top 5. I saw Dwight Howard a couple of times his junior year, and Wright's a little better athlete, just thinner. Wright's just as good as Howard was.

Brandons best bet will be to go to college, instead of skipping it for the NBA even if he has the chance.

825484215[/snapback]

Somebody's gotta say it, I'll take the bait.

Why? What does he have to gain by going to college? Move up a whole one or two spots in the draft?

Look at it this way. When you finished HS, if there was somebody offering you a 250k a year full-time job with major advancement oportunities. Would you go to college or take the job? I can't speak for you, but I'd take the job. So if they offer you a $2.5 million a year job for three or four years, plus endorsement money, with the chance to get as much as $13 million a year after those first three or four years...

He has nothing to gain financially by going to college. Obviously, it isn't just about finances, but to say his best bet is to go to college is certainly not a clear-cut correct statement.

Somebody's gotta say it, I'll take the bait.

Why?  What does he have to gain by going to college?  Move up a whole one or two spots in the draft?

Look at it this way.  When you finished HS, if there was somebody offering you a 250k a year full-time job with major advancement oportunities.  Would you go to college or take the job?  I can't speak for you, but I'd take the job.  So if they offer you a $2.5 million a year job for three or four years, plus endorsement money, with the chance to get as much as $13 million a year after those first three or four years...

He has nothing to gain financially by going to college.  Obviously, it isn't just about finances, but to say his best bet is to go to college is certainly not a clear-cut correct statement.

825484222[/snapback]

I totally agree with you but at the same time I totally disagree with you. Now hear me out or read me out.. The money is great it is very hard to pass up that type of moneyespecially when it is for something you like doing. Now at the same time there are plenty of things he could learn about the game of basketball if e goes to college. It all depends on him honestly if it is about the money soley then I would say yeah make the jump, but if it were me I would go to college for a year or two just to get more knowledge of how to become a better player and get ready for the next level because last time I checked thre was only on Lebron James on this earth

I totally agree with you but at the same time I totally disagree with you. Now hear me out or read me out.. The money is great it is very hard to pass up that type of moneyespecially when it is for something you like doing. Now at the same time there are plenty of things he could learn about the game of basketball if e goes to college. It all depends on him honestly if it is about the money soley then I would say yeah make the jump, but if it were me I would go to college for a year or two just to get more knowledge of how to become a better player and get ready for the next level because last time I checked thre was only on Lebron James on this earth

825484233[/snapback]

But the counterargument is that for somebody as talented, the best way to improve very well may be getting in the pros and practicing against the best in the world every day, and working out with the best trainers and coaches in the world.

He can learn from going to college, yes, but he'll improve on the bench in the pros too. Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal are the two appropriate examples for this.