Brandon Wright

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Opperman on this one. I was at South Gwinnett High School in Snellville, GA getting set to watch Louis Williams play on Friday night. In walks Michael Vick to see this kid play. Vick was sitting two rows in front of me when Williams walked up and shook his hand. As a 17 yr. old kid seeing Mike Vicks lifestyle, how could you convince yourself that a year in college would be the best bet for you. Agents are offering to throw more money at you than the majority of people will see in a lifetime.

Not to mention, last night. Jermaine Dupree and Bow Wow showed up at the game. The answer is simple to this kid...college is not an option.

If Wright sees any of this same circus show in his senior year, the answer will be this simple as well. It is easy to say that college is the best bet, but in all actuality, what does it guarantee....nothing.

I have to agree with Opperman on this one.  I was at South Gwinnett High School in Snellville, GA getting set to watch Louis Williams play on Friday night.  In walks Michael Vick to see this kid play.  Vick was sitting two rows in front of me when Williams walked up and shook his hand.  As a 17 yr. old kid seeing Mike Vicks lifestyle, how could you convince yourself that a year in college would be the best bet for you.  Agents are offering to throw more money at you than the majority of people will see in a lifetime.

Not to mention, last night.  Jermaine Dupree and Bow Wow showed up at the game.  The answer is simple to this kid...college is not an option.

If Wright sees any of this same circus show in his senior year, the answer will be this simple as well.  It is easy to say that college is the best bet, but in all actuality, what does it guarantee....nothing.

825484503[/snapback]

Seeing Michael Vickat a game has nothing to do with anything sometime that hurts kids when they see big stars at their high school games because they get the big head the point whether or not he should go pro or go to colege and Michael Vick and Bow Wow have nothing to do with that

Yes, Kobe and TMac did...I was using people of similar height and build as Wright.  Rashard Lewis is another example, although he was a second-round pick.

825484494[/snapback]

yes, those are good players who made the transition... but...

but what about Leon Smith and Korleone Young?? they were drafted between 1995-2000. and they were gone within a year... and what about, Taj McDavid and Ellis Richardson? they werent even drafted.

now im not sayin that brandon wright wont make it (which i think he will have a phenominal(sp?) career), im just stating that i think its better (for all high schoolers) to go to college for at least 2 years before they make the transition to the NBA.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

...why go to college? What if the first game of his NBA career he has a career ending injury (knocks on wood)...then he will have to go back to college anyways in order to survive...unless he plans to live the rest of his life on his signing bonus...he would get his degree and get it out of the way...and still be in the NBA by the time he is 22 or 23...and he would have something to fall back on...thats why he should go to college...and i do think he could go right out of high school by the way...

The NBA drafts on potential...not skill right now. Thats why you don't go to college...I'm sure when Kobe was drafted and Jermaine O' Neil, Tracy McGrady, Telfair, etc...many of the players in the second round were better players than the lottery picks..however, the upside to Kobe and O' Neil is much stronger.

A lot of the time...these players don't pan out...but then there are guys like Lebron James who are saying..."told you so"

Why not go to the NBA, if it doesnt work out, use that signing bonus you speak of, and go to college...

I personally think that they should ban players from going to the NBA right out of high school. I mean I know I would go.....if God would've provided me with that kind of talent.....but think about it. How fun would it have been to see Lebron in college. And yes there are a lot of success stories right out of high school but there are a lot MORE than aren't!....IMO