Classless

EagleClaw

I can't believe how defensive everybody is of a stupid, and elitist policy like reserved seating at a high school game, especially in a tournament. Maybe when the playoffs come around you can sell out the gym to home town fans, and when the host team plays tell everybody to leave the gym for the "season ticket holders". I agree that hosts should be hosts, not snobs. We also sell season tickets, but they are for a season of general admission, not seats "with your name on it". This is High School, not Madison Square Garden.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet the TSSAA would not like this. They control tournament games not the schools. This one of the few tournaments left, because they get most of the money when comes to a tournament. Classics are school run. Season tickets should be for regular season games. People from host teams should get to the gym earlier if they want the seats. One other problem I saw at Jackson Co. was a police car blocking a handicap parking spot. The man was asked to move he walked off. Walk a few more feet and be thankful you can. He would write a ticket if someone else parked in that slot. It's OK because I parked real close to his door. :lol:

The issue was not availability of seats. The issue was decency. I would estimate that less than half of the Upperman season ticket holders attended the game. If someone from a visiting school was sitting in "their" assigned seat, the decent thing to do would have been to sit in another of the empty reserved seats - not to have the PA announcer tell the guests to move.

Many of these guests had been there for several games - it was not appropriate to tell them to move.

As a note, I did not move and the "owner" of my seat was not at the game - so it really did not effect me. I have organized numerous events and tournaments and IMO it was just an inappropriate way to handle the situation.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way... BUT, it is Christmas and I wish everyone would be thankful for our most wonderful gift of all...Jesus! He endured much more than a right to a seat.  Be thankful you can see a ballgame from wherever it may be. Merry Christmas!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :)  :(

825491238[/snapback]

Amen! very good post thumb

I hope no one takes this the wrong way... BUT, it is Christmas and I wish everyone would be thankful for our most wonderful gift of all...Jesus! He endured much more than a right to a seat.  Be thankful you can see a ballgame from wherever it may be. Merry Christmas!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :)  :(

825491238[/snapback]

Good post...sometimes we get caught up in things that don't even matter. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all who read this!