York @ Pickett Co.

bobcatfanatic28

Pickett has been there 5 out of the last ten years with two titles so Temple needs to get their facts right and get some class. I guess they don't teach that at Temple. Since the strenght/success rankings are based on FACTS and not opionions, why is Temple only #3 and Pickett is STILL #1, if we have such a weak schedule? Play Monroe Co, KY, Station Camp, York, Clay Co., Livingston, Ezell Harding, East Robertson etc. and then talk...your schedule with Moore Co, Sale Creek, David Brainerd, 21st Century, Copper Basin is the #89 schedule...nearly the weakest in the state, while Pickett's is #18.

As for York, this is always a tough and close game and is a small A school against a AA school. This could be close, especially if the Bobcats play like they did last week.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett has been there 5 out of the last ten years with two titles so Temple needs to get their facts right and get some class. I guess they don't teach that at Temple. Since the strenght/success rankings are based on FACTS and not opionions, why is Temple only #3 and Pickett is STILL #1, if we have such a weak schedule? Play Monroe Co, KY, Station Camp, York, Clay Co., Livingston, Ezell Harding, East Robertson etc. and then talk...your schedule with Moore Co, Sale Creek, David Brainerd, 21st Century, Copper Basin is the #89 schedule...nearly the weakest in the state, while Pickett's is #18.

As for York, this is always a tough and close game and is a small A school against a AA school. This could be close, especially if the Bobcats play like they did last week.

825515169[/snapback]

The bobcats don't have two titles in the last ten years....... they won it in 95 and 90..... thats 15 years not 10.

825515169[/snapback]

Pickett County has not won a state championship in 10 years. You need to get the facts right. The last time Pickett County was at the state tournament ('02) they were kicked by a sophomore led Halls team. That was Nathan Aaron's senior year when he was supposed to lead you guys to a championship, similar to what Bailey is supposed to do this year.

onaroll...Obviously I know when we won titles. You grouped 2 points I was making together. I should have been more clear...we have been to the state 5 out of 10 years. We have won 2 state titles in our history...more than most schools. We have dominated District 7A for about 20 years. The years we don't win it we come in 2nd. This is the 17th straight season without a losing record. The last one was 14-15 in 1988...28 nonlosing seasons since 1968. There were 3 even seasons. We are a threat to go to the state most years. There are very few school who can boast a record like that. But, when you have a good program, you will always be a target for those jealous of hard work and success. You'll be happy next year when we graduate our starting 5 and most likely will start 4 sophomores and a junior..but I bet we'll still be very good and be a threat again the next 2 years. Freshmen TC Capps and Jocab Wright are 2 of the best freshmen in the state and there are several other very talented freshmen.

i agree with 300 & 28's posts but there is something wrong in 300's we've dominated this district for 14 out of the last 15 years in 1997-98 season the team only went 15-17 but that was with a first year coach, a lot of turmoil inside the team and a lot of late game blunders, but you look at the last 7 years and you see how good this team is

1997-98: 15-17 District 3rd in season, District Runner Up, Region Runner Up, lost to Chatt. Christian in Sub State.

1998-99: 24-10 District 2nd, District Runner up, Region Runner Up, Lost in first round of Sectionals to Chatt. Christian

1999-2000: 29-7 Tri Lakes Champs, Liv. Tourny Champs, District Runner Up, Region Champs, Sectional runner up, State Final 4 loss to Cosby.

2000-01: 30-2 Tri Lakes Champ, District Champ, Region Champ, Lost first Round to Ezell-Harding Christian.

2001-02: 30-5 Tri Lakes Champ, District Champ, Region Champ, Lost First round to Halls School.

2002-03: 21-7 District 2nd Place, District Champ, Loss in Regional Semis to Trousdale Co.

2003-04: 25-8 District 2nd Place, District Runner Up, Loss in Regioal First Round to Westmoreland[team looked absolutely flat durring that game]

let the numbers be the point of this that is in 7 years an overall record of 174-56 and if i recal right a district record of i'll look that up later but i dare, no i defy you guys down there in chattanooga to play in the type of ball we are forced to play up here in the upper cumberland districts, we play more agressive ball than you guys ever do, and i'm speaking from experience so you guys better be prepared to adjust your style of play because once The Katz come down to there things will never be the same for you guys.

N.J.

I really have no fightin this battle, I am from nether place and haven't seen either team play in a few years ,but I will tell you this. Both schools do have a well respected programs throughout the 1A world, but I love how you dis the other so much. I really find it quite amusing when you Pickett people go around saying the small chatt. schools are no good, then some one goes and talks about the recent history and we see that was it...Chatt. Christian that beat you 2 years in a row? I am not sure on the location of Chatt. Christian, but i have a good idea.

Now don't go barking saying that is history and that has nothing to do with what Temple plays now. Because so is your past records..HISTORY.. Past teams have nothing to do with your teams today, besides maybe the basketball-DNA that was passed down from old players.

Ok...Pickett Co. does have a very good history of winning. The present may be now and the past then, but it is still nice to look back some day and enjoy the success. As for Chatt. teams, they do have tough teams in that area. But I believe PC has a great team this year and I hope they do really well through out the season....It is funny how so many people talk down about PC but yet know every little detail about their history(I guess you always keep up with the 'good' teams)...Anyway, winning a state title is tough and when you win one, it is something to be proud of....

Well in my opinion the Private schools shouldn't even be playing in Div I. Anytime you have an open enrollment in a city the size of Chattanooga or Nashville or Memphis and then you want to try to compare your school to a small community school like a Pickett Co. or a Clay Co. or some of the other small county schools, there is no comparison. But that is the wayT$$AA has it set up so we have to play by their rules for now until they bring in another governing body. As for Temple, they have a good team, they will no doubt make it to the buro' as there is no one in that area to give them a game, Pickett should also be there and then the REAL #1 team in the state will be decided, not someone's opinion on who they THINK is #1! thumb

Edited by devilfanatic

You'll be happy next year when we graduate our starting 5 and most likely will start 4 sophomores and a junior..but I bet we'll still be very good and be a threat again the next 2 years. Freshmen TC Capps and Jocab Wright are 2 of the best freshmen in the state and there are several other very talented freshmen.

I'm not sure you'll be a threat to win District 7A next year, Clay Co. will no doubt be the favorite and Jackson Co. will be a close second, they are going to be a big threat in Class A in the years to come. But I agree that Pickett will be a threat and they are always a very talented team! thumb