District 7-aaa 2005

Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Yes Slyder, Siegel's hitting will be in question this year. However, with great pitching, Siegel will be in every game if they can manufacture at least 3 or 4 runs. This will have to be done by playing small ball such as bunting, hit and runs, and base stealing. Should be interesting how this turns out.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"didyouseethatmess ... dang" is what is said when on of our basketball players makes a free-throw during a game ... yes i know that seems somewhat odd but its something our student section has became known for ... back to the subject, Siegel's hitting facility should be done withing the next few weeks and this will help tremendously due to the fact that the team hardly got any practice swings in last season. Having their own field and a hitting facility will make a big difference :o

Would it be safe to say that Oakland has the best "hitting" team in the district?

TYLER BURNETT is the ultimate player for Oakland! He is the TOTAL package!

825595624[/snapback]

Yes, Burnett is a great player and can swing the stick. Oakland is strong all the way up the middle, especially catcher and middle infield.

I believe it will be between the Big 3 of Cookeville, Riverdale, and Oakland. I believe that whomever wins this district will have to sweep at least 1 of the 2 (in the big three) and sweep siegel and Warren Co.

825593589[/snapback]

I would be very surprised if Siegel got swept by more than one of what you call "the big 3" ... honestly, I think they could at least split with all three.

Edited by didyouseethatmessDANG

I would be very surprised if Siegel got swept by more than one of what you call "the big 3" ... honestly, I think they could at least split with all three.

825596347[/snapback]

Allow me to calrify, I did not say they would get swept...my prediction is that whomever (lets say Oakland) wins the district I believe they could split with Riverdale OR Cookeville and would have to try to sweep W.C. and siegel to get a shot at the crown. I am saying whoever can pull that feat, has the best chance to win the district. I think siegel will sweep several and split several, along with W.C.

7AAA should be the most competitive it has been ever this year. There will not be an easy win nor will that be a team that should surprise anyone because all of them can play. The perrenial powers will still be loaded.

Oakland will be great up the middle with 2005 7aaa player of the year behind the plate, Watson. Pitching should be solid and they will score....alot

Riverdale is a program that knows how and expects to win. Pitching should be their strong point with Choate, Underland, Jones, etc. They will be able to hit the thing also with some proven sticks coming back. Their question mark will be up the middle but they dont rebuild at RHS they reload.

Cookeville will be a team that will be fun to watch. They have a line-up that is versatile, skilled and talented. They can score alot of different ways. Froning, Turner, Toline, Griggs, Crossman, Dyer, Bilbrey are proven winners with a lot of heart. Look for Juniors Staggs and Adams to have big years as first year everyday players.

Siegel Doesnt make mistakes and they will not beat themselves. They will throw stikes and make things happen on the offensive side. What a scary team to have to play come tournament.

Warren Co. .......Could they be the 2005 version of last year's Cookeville?? A bigtime #1 pitcher in Colby Killian, and players at every key position that has had alot of success in baseball. The speed of the Bratchers can change a ball game. This is a team that can beat any team.

Lebanon will be very intersting this year. they should be a team that win some districts games. They have a senior pitching staff that has had some success and they should be able to make the plays on the defensive side. Thier question will be can they score runs in the middle of the order and are they ready to turn the corner as a team. Look for Cherry to have a big bounce back year. Dont count out the Blue Devils.

White Co. has the pithcing to finally challlenge in 7aaa. Taylor and Taylor will challenge everyone, and now they finally have some position players like Price and Hicks. This is another sleeper.

Blackmon will be much improved with a young and coming team. It will hurt losing the transfer to Oakland but they will win some ball they arent suppose to. Their Freshman last year were loaded.

The moral of this post.....what a fun year to be involved with 7aaa. The coaches in this district are the best as a group in the state of Tn. The spectators will be wowed this year. Good Luck to all. Limbaugh play "back home in Omaha" one time for me.

Edited by tkeballer

7AAA should be the most competitive it has been ever this year.  There will not be an easy win nor will that be a team that should surprise anyone because all of them can play.  The perrenial powers will still be loaded.

Oakland will be great up the middle with 2005 7aaa player of the year behind the plate, Watson.  Pitching should be solid and they will score....alot

Riverdale is a program that knows how and expects to win.  Pitching should be their strong point with Choate, Underland, Jones, etc.  They will be able to hit the thing also with some proven sticks coming back. Their question mark will be up the middle but they dont rebuild at RHS they reload.

Cookeville will be a team that will be fun to watch.  They have a line-up that is versatile, skilled and talented.  They can score alot of different ways.  Froning, Turner, Toline, Griggs, Crossman, Dyer, Bilbrey are proven winners with a lot of heart.  Look for Juniors Staggs and Adams to have big years as first year everyday players.

Siegel Doesnt make mistakes and they will not beat themselves.  They will throw stikes and make things happen on the offensive side.  What a scary team to have to play come tournament.

Warren Co. .......Could they be the 2005 version of last year's Cookeville??  A bigtime #1 pitcher in Colby Killian, and players at every key position that has had alot of success in baseball.  The speed of the Bratchers can change a ball game.  This is a team that can beat any team.

Lebanon will be very intersting this year.  they should be a team that win some districts games.  They have a senior pitching staff that has had some success and they should be able to make the plays on the defensive side.  Thier question will be can they score runs in the middle of the order and are they ready to turn the corner as a team.  Look for Cherry to have a big bounce back year.  Dont count out the Blue Devils.

White Co.  has the pithcing to finally challlenge in 7aaa.  Taylor and Taylor will challenge everyone, and now they finally have some position players like Price and Hicks.  This is another sleeper.

Blackmon will be much improved with a young and coming team.  It will hurt losing the transfer to Oakland but they will win some ball they arent suppose to.  Their Freshman last year were loaded.

The moral of this post.....what a fun year to be involved with 7aaa.  The coaches in this district are the best as a group in the state of Tn.  The spectators will be wowed this year.  Good Luck to all.  Limbaugh play "back home in Omaha" one time for me.

825598751[/snapback]

great post tke thumb