• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McGwire really hurt himself yesterday....He should have either said he used them or say he didn't....Sosa said..well through his spokesman...that he hasn't used them....McGwire looked like he was not telling the truth....Maybe he couldn't win either way,but I think he got some bad legal counseling..The other guys appeared sure of themselves...McGwire didn't.....I hate it for him because I am a life long Cardinals fan..And to be honest,if he said he did use them,I don't think I care that much...

Who else thinks it odd the Giants announced Bonds would have to have another surgery the same day baseball was in front of Congress??

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

I think McGwire really hurt himself yesterday....He should have either said he used them or say he didn't....Sosa said..well through his spokesman...that he hasn't used them....McGwire looked like he was not telling the truth....Maybe he couldn't win either way,but I think he got some bad legal counseling..The other guys appeared sure of themselves...McGwire didn't.....I hate it for him because I am a life long Cardinals fan..And to be honest,if he said he did use them,I don't think I care that much...

Who else thinks it odd the Giants announced Bonds would have to have another surgery the same day baseball was in front of Congress??

825623325[/snapback]

Seems like self- pity,and I also agree McGwire hurt his on image,the only one I think is telling the truth is Palmerio,the others are users,Not Schilling.

Seems like self- pity,and I also agree McGwire hurt his on image,the only one I think is telling the truth is Palmerio,the others are users,Not Schilling.

825624093[/snapback]

I got a kick out of Sosa's puppet...Or maybe the puppet was Sosa....Palmero isn't juicing and neither is Schilling...I imagine Schilling was wondering..What the heck am I doing here...Only thing funnier would be David Wells testifying....

I got a kick out of Sosa's puppet...Or maybe the puppet was Sosa....Palmero isn't juicing and neither is Schilling...I imagine Schilling was wondering..What the heck am I doing here...Only thing funnier would be David Wells testifying....

825624118[/snapback]

Schilling volunteered to go as a representitive of the players against steroid!

825623325[/snapback]

At least McGwire didn't lie like Slammin' Sammy! I don't think McGwire hurt himself all that bad. Time will tell. I think the ghost of McCarthy was hanging around the halls of Congress. If McGwire had admitted to using then he would have been asked to name names. It was a mess he wasn't willing to get involved in at all. The real loser in the process besides MLB & the US Congress was Canseco! He spouted all that crap in his book and then hushed up when asked to verify his claims.

Selig is a useless commissioner. Baseball is taking a hit...but, it will hopefully be only a small hit.

As to Bonds: I saw a picture of Barry from 1996...he's used something. He's gained about 50 pounds since then. His whole body from head to toe is much much bigger than he was in 96.

The whole situation of steroids is one that was overlooked for quite awhile because the sluggers were putting fannies in the seats. The players saw that they had no one monitoring their useage - so some became constant users. Who didn't wonder when Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs! Baseball has a history of not being able to control their situations until they're out of hand. Drugs in the 70s & 80s and steroids in the 90s and 00s.