this new policy may not be the best but it is ten times better than what MLB had....I think to know that in the offseason they can knock on your door and make you take a test will cut down on a lot of it

825524208[/snapback]

You're right, it is much better than the old policy, but I would like to see it resemble something similar to the US Military's drug testing policy for all of sports. Random testing, less than 24 hours notice on scheduled tests, immediate testing for suspected offenses, and zero tolerance.

1st time-1/2 of the season

2nd time-1 year

3rd time-YOU'RE DONE...PERIOD!

Think that would get some of the offender's attention? (Read Barry Bonds, Giambi, etc.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All players will be tested during the season, but "may" be tested during the offseason.

This is nothing more than a bandaid.  If you want to get serious about it then the suspensions should mirror that intention.

1st positive test - 1 year ban.  2nd positive test - lifetime ban.

You're wanting to give the players a reason not to do the stuff...the new policy is a slap on the wrist.

825519157[/snapback]

Guys look at this policy, if it wont stop steroids, nothing ever will!

You miss the point again.  They don't want to clean the game up.  They want to give the impression that the game has been cleaned up.

825535945[/snapback]

Bud Selig proved this theory right when he said that star players get preferential treatment. The Commish himself admitted that they don't want to hust the star players. Come on, Bud, you can't fix the game with words like that!

Bud Selig proved this theory right when he said that star players get preferential treatment.  The Commish himself admitted that they don't want to hust the star players.  Come on, Bud, you can't fix the game with words like that!

825535949[/snapback]

All that moron cares about is lining his own pockets with more and more money, screw baseball as a whole.

It's no coincidence that the Brewers just happened to be the most profitable team in baseball under the new revenue sharing rules.

That is, until the fine people of Milwaukee realized they'd been screwed over and quit going to games.

All that moron cares about is lining his own pockets with more and more money, screw baseball as a whole.

It's no coincidence that the Brewers just happened to be the most profitable team in baseball under the new revenue sharing rules.

That is, until the fine people of Milwaukee realized they'd been screwed over and quit going to games.

825535953[/snapback]

I'm right with you on that one! In my opinion, the last great commissioner of baseball was Buey Kunh(sp).

You miss the point again.  They don't want to clean the game up.  They want to give the impression that the game has been cleaned up.

825535945[/snapback]

So in other words you along with the rest of MLB thinks that the public as a whole is stupid? Well, I am not fooled at all along with most other baseball fans, I am for doing things the right ways!

So in other words you along with the rest of MLB thinks that the public as a whole is stupid? Well, I am not fooled at all along with most other baseball fans, I am for doing things the right ways!

825537271[/snapback]

Actually yes, the public as a whole is pretty stupid. Have you ever worked in retail? Or worked for a pro baseball team in a dealing-with-the-fans role (no, not PR...actually out in the stands during games)?

I've done both -- and I've been pretty well convinced.

And for my steroid-testing point...what do you think about the NFL's policy?