Cade Thompson

EastTNGuru

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a quarterback, why wouldn't you want to play in Spurrier's system?

825526688[/snapback]

For a good time in college or a pro career? Spurrier has a fun offense to play in, but Shane Matthews and Rex Grossman are the only qb's I know that made an NFL roster for any length of time that he coached. Right now it looks like the other USC is quarterback U. :blink:

Edited by ksgovols

As an alumnus of The University of South Carolina, I am delighted that Cade has chosen to play for the Gamecocks. He seems like a class kid, and I know from first hand knowledge that he can play! Spurrier most likely just got one of the biggest steals of the recruiting year.

It will be good to pull for Mr. Thompson, instead of rooting against him as I have the last 3 years against my MoWest Trojans. Good luck Cade!

Good luck to Cade for wherever he may end up. I do not know how he will do but if he ever starts for SS at the college level, it will be a dream come true for sure and a great accomplishment. I think this is great exposure for Coach Q as well and one only has to wonder how long it will be before GQ gets to that level!

Oddley enough, Maryville does not produce to many top notch college prospects at the D1 level. Maryville never seems get it done with that one or two outstanding athletes like many, many other HS teams. Team concept, playing your assignment/ position and a commiment by the underclassman to keep the program on top is what makes Maryville work. Maryville also has an outstanding coaching staff and understand how to develope freshman into effective HS players. Most don't even expect to start until they are seniors even thought many get the opportuinity as soph, but without dedication, the team loses. Kids like Stewart peaked during his senior year and should do real well at Auburn. But even though he was top notch in HS, he would never have gotten the press or the numbers without the supporting cast of kids who will never play tackle football again. Very good football players who don't get looked at by colleges because of the lack of press or film focus. Thats the way the game is.

"The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat."

Author: Merlin Olsen