My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

First off, I dont know any of the wrestlers or their names, besides the "famous" ones (Simpson and Dunning) so i think ryan kid and mba kid will work.

Second, in an outside cradle, where does the knee go? In the side! What was Pat Simpson yelling for the "ryan kid" to do? Put his knee in the side! What prevented the pin? The knee under the back. Where was the Ryan kid's knee? Not in the side. Sure there may have been other factors, but technique gets you a long way. I will admit the Ryan Kid is good at getting the cradle in, nice long arms and good set up, but the attention to details wins the big matches.

I will be happy to have a cradle clinic any time, just ask and pay the fee.

825543132[/snapback]

You're a jerk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson learned from the Ryan/MBA match....

When working an outside cradle, the offensive wrestler's bottom knee goes in the hip and not under the back thereby blocking your opponent's shoulder from touching the mat. This cost Ryan the match.

and the "slam" was a slam, he drove dude down with his shoulder in the sternum, land squarely on top of his chest, shoulder first. All the Ryan kid had to do was hit a knee first. When you hit a knee first you come down slow and under control and are in a better position to rest your opponent right on his back. But the Ryan kid won anyways so it didnt matter.

What an awesome match to watch, regardless of who won.

825543087[/snapback]

There are only a couple takedowns where your shoulder is not in your opponents gut during part of the move. The worst thing any wrestler can do is expose his back, he had a choice to give up the 2 points or take a chance. He took the chance and landed flat on his back, sorry it hurt, Hall is a very good wrestler for MBA, but to claim Morales made an intentional slam during the heat of the battle is crazy. Not every takedown is picture perfect, wrestling is rough.

...., wrestling is rough.

825543677[/snapback]

Wasn't there. Did not see the situation. Am not judging either way.

But, someone always comes on here to defend situations like this with the "wrestling is rough" or "wrestling is a tough sport" or "if you can't handle it don't step on the mat". Yeah, wrestling is allowed to be a rough, tough sport to some degree. When it goes beyond that the rules kick in and wrestlers should be penalized. The rules are in place to protect the safety of all of the athletes. Imagine what our great sport would be like without them. It would not exist in a high school setting. I have seen guys who would kick the crap out of their opponent without rules but lose to them in a wrestling match with rules. That is one of the things that makes our sport entertaining, you can't just look at someone and tell if they can wrestle or not.

Wasn't there.  Did not see the situation.  Am not judging either way.

But, someone always comes on here to defend situations like this with the "wrestling is rough" or "wrestling is a tough sport" or "if you can't handle it don't step on the mat".  Yeah, wrestling is allowed to be a rough, tough sport to some degree.  When it goes beyond that the rules kick in and wrestlers should be penalized.  The rules are in place to protect the safety of all of the athletes.  Imagine what our great sport would be like without them.  It would not exist in a high school setting.  I have seen guys who would kick the crap out of their opponent without rules but lose to them in a wrestling match with rules.  That is one of the things that makes our sport entertaining, you can't just look at someone and tell if they can wrestle or not.

825543684[/snapback]

You're right, you were not there!

There are only a couple takedowns where your shoulder is not in your opponents gut during part of the move. The worst thing any wrestler can do is expose his back, he had a choice to give up the 2 points or take a chance. He took the chance and landed flat on his back, sorry it hurt, Hall is a very good wrestler for MBA, but to claim Morales made an intentional slam during the heat of the battle is crazy. Not every takedown is picture perfect, wrestling is rough.

825543677[/snapback]

I didnt say that the Ryan kid slammed him intentionally. No way did he do that. But, a slam does not have to be intentional. Anytime you lift your opponent off the mat, you are responsible for his safe return. You could drop the guy, intentionally or not, and its still a slam. But remember, in this situation it was all for not because Ryan won that match anyways.

mmmmmm.....Im a jerk? because I only know the names of the kids who have parents who have been in wrestling in Tennessee a long time????? I dont hang out at high school practices like you know who.

Does anyone know if the 171 punder from MBA and Ryan had wrestled before last friday? If so, what was the outcome?

I didnt say that the Ryan kid slammed him intentionally. No way did he do that.  But, a slam does not have to be intentional. Anytime you lift your opponent off the mat, you are responsible for his safe return.  You could drop the guy, intentionally or not, and its still a slam. But remember, in this situation it was all for not because Ryan won that match anyways.

mmmmmm.....Im a jerk? because I only know the names of the kids who have parents who have been in wrestling in Tennessee a long time????? I dont hang out at high school practices like you know who. 

Does anyone know if the 171 punder from MBA and Ryan had wrestled before last friday? If so, what was the outcome?

825544144[/snapback]

Stovepiper Man,

I am not an aggresor. I am a a peaceful guy. I don't like confrontation. I just know Matt and his style......saying you only know the "famous ones" was a TOTAL PUTDOWN" to all the guys that go to practice day in and day out just like Dunning does and sweats the blood and tears. That was MEGA TACKY of you to say.

I know wrestling. I have been around it and my family has just as long, if not longer, than our dear friends the Simpsons and Dunnings...........so don't go there dude....it ain't right.

Stovepiper Man,

I am not an aggresor. I am a a peaceful guy. I don't like confrontation. I just know Matt and his style......saying you only know the "famous ones" was a TOTAL PUTDOWN" to all the guys that go to practice day in and day out just like Dunning does and sweats the blood and tears. That was MEGA TACKY of you to say.

I know wrestling. I have been around it and my family has just as long, if not longer, than our dear friends the Simpsons and Dunnings...........so don't go there dude....it ain't right.

825544193[/snapback]

I seriously didnt mean any disrespect by it. Those are just the names you always here about so I can match their face/weight to the name. i meant no put down to the other kids. Maybe "famous" was the wrong word.

Funny thing is, those kids got their names known by wrestling well. Others have their names well known by the remarks of the boisterous fathers and that creamy condiment we all spread on two slices of bread before layering it with ham and cheese.

I seriously didnt mean any disrespect by it. Those are just the names you always here about so I can match their face/weight to the name.  i meant no put down to the other kids. Maybe "famous" was the wrong word.

Funny thing is, those kids got their names known by wrestling well. Others have their names well known by the remarks of the boisterous fathers and that creamy condiment we all spread on two slices of bread before layering it with ham and cheese.

825544263[/snapback]

You sorry peice of Cr*p Are you now saying that my son did not earn his own name through his wrestling. May I remind you he is the one who wrestled up last year to 171 Pinned the McCallie kid and clinched the state title for Ryan.

You are just about the most pitiful sack of manure I have ever seen . If you want to attack me go right ahead . but to insinuate that my kid has not earned respect for his westling abilty is pure crap. I hope that you come to CLarksville and introduce yourself to me . Please do..I will be easy to find. I would love to have some private words with you !!!!!!!!!! and you are a dang liar your use of famous was calculated and meant to raise hackles. you stink!!!! I also got your creamy condiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by irishdad

You sorry peice of Cr*p Are you now saying that my son did not earn his own name through his wrestling. May I remind you he is the one who wrestled up last year to 171 Pinned the McCallie kid and clinched the state title for Ryan.

You are just about the most pitiful sack of manure I have ever seen . If you want to attack me go right ahead . but to insinuate that my kid has not earned respect for his westling abilty is pure crap. I hope that you come to CLarksville and introduce yourself to me . Please do..I will be easy to find. I would love to have some private words with you !!!!!!!!!! and you are a dang liar your use of famous was calculated and meant to raise hackles. you stink!!!! I also got your creamy condiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825544315[/snapback]

Wow...I don't think he was insulting your kid. It is just that his father's contributions to the Coacht messageboard has outshined his, and anyother wrestler's in the history of TN wrestling, accomplishments. It would be hard to outshine you, Irishdad. I am glad I didn't have to do it. But I will say a father's bragging does take away from the public's perception of his kid's wrestling ability.

Wow...I don't think he was insulting your kid.  It is just that his father's contributions to the Coacht messageboard has outshined his, and anyother wrestler's in the history of TN wrestling, accomplishments.  It would be hard to outshine you, Irishdad.  I am glad I didn't have to do it.  But I will say a father's bragging does take away from the public's perception of his kid's wrestling ability.

825544334[/snapback]

I am not bragging about my son and never have intended to. Just trying to set the recaord straight. He can make his own way and always has. I do accept that I have bragged about Ryans wrestlers coaches and parents. They deserve it .....

I think maybe everyone on on this board should read Lee Connells post on what this board should be about..see Mc v Baylor thread.

825544315[/snapback]

Whoa! Decaf, definitely decaf. (Does Guinness and/ or Jameson's come in decaf?) There is no reason to be so hostile and start threatening people with a fate that would certainly be worse than death: having to have a private conversation with you and actually listening to you mindlessly drone on about the great Irish wrestling team as you live vicariously through the ups and downs of Ryan's season. Oftentimes, it appears that you are looking for a fights where they do not exist.

And another thing Good ole Irish-blow-his-top, you should really try to keep your eye on the ball. After all, unlike Ryan's 189, 275, 103, 112, 135, 145, and 152, your son actually WON his match against MBA. You should be pleased with his string showing and feel good about his chances to place in the 160 pound weight class at the DII state tournament.

Lastly, no one said your son cost Ryan the match. As you should know, the loss was a team effort with all 14 boys sharing equal responsibility.