Most Overrated Teams in Chatt-Town Area

GoldenFlake14

We knew we wasn't going to be blowing people out of the water. We didn't do it last year, so why expect it this year? But 16-6 still isn't bad, we didn't expect to be 22-0 at this point in the season. Understood? :huh:

825540090[/snapback]

so then why is ooltewah overrated, they were supposed to be worse than they were last year, and yet they are overrated, somehow doesn't make sense...for all the hype cleveland had with just losing jay davis, some of their losses and close games aren't very impressive

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so then why is ooltewah overrated, they were supposed to be worse than they were last year, and yet they are overrated, somehow doesn't make sense...for all the hype cleveland had with just losing jay davis, some of their losses and close games aren't very impressive

825540221[/snapback]

I didn't say Ooltewah was overrated. I haven't seen them play this year, so I wouldn't know. There was no hype about the Cleveland team, well at least not in Cleveland. All the hype was in Charles Little. Their was people even saying that they couldn't see Cleveland winning 10 games this season. I did think that we would be beat Bradley, but not when I saw Bradley's record. I do think that the #1 ranking for BC was overrating, and I think that the #2 ranking for them is overrating. They should be about #5. The close losses for Cleveland, all evolve around one thing. FREE THROW SHOOTING. In the Cumberland game i think they missed over 8 free throws. In the Brainerd game they missed free throws at the end of the game. I'm not making excuses for the losses. I think Cleveland is rated right where they should be. Most people think that they are second best in the area, behind #2 in the state Bradley Central. Other think they are best in the area. Doesn't matter if they are #1 or #2 in the area, they still aren't overrated.

-Clevelandblueraiderfan

look soddy is not overrated... because honestly how many of you guys thought they would be a contender in chattanooga after last years season. i think that, considering the whole season and even the pre- and beginning of the season, soddy is one of the most underrated teams.

you can't say ooltewah is overrated b/c they arent, and they had the shot to upset brainerd.

825539999[/snapback]

Soddy-Daisy should have been better this year (than last year) most of the team that played all year last year were Sophmores, there were no seniors on the team. This years team is a year older/wiser fundamentally coached last year and has the addition of 2 6-4 players and an extremely talented point guard. They should be really good next year as well.

Ooltewah really needs a little more heart and drive to finish strong and win the close games.

Call Bradley Central or Cleveland Overrated if you wish. But hands down, They would win 9 out of 10 games played against Teams in Hamilton County.Same for the girls. Chattanooga doesnt put the same emphasis on Basketball development,youth leauge's or summer teams as we do in Cleveland. This town is Basketball crazy,hence we are getting a professional basketball team here,(WBA)

Noone said BC would go undefeated this year,noone said Cleveland would,both had allot of losses to graduation. And as far as Bradley's Number 1 ranking in the AP or Number 2.. They could play any team in the top ten and be in the game and win a majority of those,or play within a 5 to 10 point game.

Call Bradley Central or Cleveland Overrated if you wish. But hands down, They would win 9 out of 10 games played against Teams in Hamilton County.Same for the girls. Chattanooga doesnt put the same emphasis on Basketball development,youth leauge's or summer teams as we do in Cleveland. This town is Basketball crazy,hence we are getting a professional basketball team here,(WBA)

Noone said BC would go undefeated this year,noone said Cleveland would,both had allot of losses to graduation. And as far as Bradley's Number 1 ranking in the AP or Number 2.. They could play any team in the top ten and be in the game and win a majority of those,or play within a 5 to 10 point game.

825540855[/snapback]

For real. Just look at Cleveland's basketball teams. Walker Valley girls are 8th inAA, Cleveland girls ae ranked 10th inAAA and Bradley boys are ranked 2nd in AAA

825540221[/snapback]

The seniors Ooltewah lost from last year team were not very good (other than Moton). So just because they lost 7 seniors means nothing! Courtney White is and was the best player on the team. With brown, foster, and Porter returning they should have been a pretty good team. You seem to always be on Cleveland when you couldn't tell me the last time Ooltewah has beaten Cleveland. When you say Cleveland is over-rated I think your jealous because Ooltewah hasn't beaten them in years. Yes, Ooltewah is over-rated! They just lost to Walker Valley!

The seniors Ooltewah lost from last year team were not very good (other than Moton).  So just because they lost 7 seniors means nothing! Courtney White is and was the best player on the team.  With brown, foster, and Porter returning they should have been a pretty good team.  You seem to always be on Cleveland when you couldn't tell me the last time Ooltewah has beaten Cleveland.  When you say Cleveland is over-rated I think your jealous because Ooltewah hasn't beaten them in years.  Yes, Ooltewah is over-rated!  They just lost to Walker Valley!

825540962[/snapback]

ok im not always on cleveland, i have on this thread just because i was expecting more from them...and i am the one that said in a thread a couple weeks ago that ooltewah has never beaten cleveland so i dont know what your deal is, my opinions have nothing to do with jealousy yeah i wish i would have beaten cleveland in one of my years there and we played them close many times but why would i have something against them now that is just stupid and ignorant for you to say that, i mean seriously i am just making an unbiased account of who i think is overrated, you have your opinions and i have mine so whatever you say... but you obviously know nothing about ooltewah, because the only one out of the people you mentioned with a significant amount of playing time last year was courtney, porter barely ever came in, and brown and foster only came in for spot duty to take out the starters for a break/foul trouble, and to say all the players were horrible last year when they took bradley down to the wire in the region is ridiculous...but in no way was ooltweah supposed to be near as good as they were last year, yeah they are still an alright bordering good team, they just need to pick it up and play better and not as sloppy, they have been turnin the ball over too much recently