TMSAA Area II small schools @ Scott High

TheAnswer9

Much respect for the Fairview men's coach, who obviously knows how to be gracious in defeat, and he is a class act.  We should all take some notes about winning and losing from him!  Congrads again, boys!  Kaz loved it!

thumb Kaz thumb

825555020[/snapback]

Fairview's men need to be applauded. They won with class and they lost with class. A lot of that comes down to coaching. When Oneida beat them he made no excuses and was very gracious. There are some others should take this path.

Coach Jeffers and Coach Chambers have done a tremendous job. Their efforts should be applauded, but they have been rewarded with the play of their team.

Edited by CrushMonster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CrushMon, I'm glad to see someone still feels the way I do about the game. I think it should always be about the kids and the enjoyment of competing. Yeah, even at this level there is a great deal of emphasis on winning and losing, but the coaches have a big responsibility to make sure their kids respect the spirit of competition. Your post concerning Fairview's Coach is right on, and I agree with your comments wholeheartedly! Kaz out!

I thought Fairview Boys looked very good in the finals..even though, they didn't come out on top...They looked like a more solid team than Oneida and should do well in the next tourney. Oneida played well, but #45 breaking his ankle late in the game will definitely hurt them as they move on..

Does anyone know what happen during the Semi-finals with the Fairview girls coach...I heard some rumors but don't know any facts about him kicking chairs and showing no class after losing to Oneida.

CrushMon, I'm glad to see someone still feels the way I do about the game.  I think it should always be about the kids and the enjoyment of competing.  Yeah, even at this level there is a great deal of emphasis on winning and losing, but the coaches have a big responsibility to make sure their kids respect the spirit of competition.  Your post concerning Fairview's Coach is right on, and I agree with your comments wholeheartedly!  Kaz out!

825555115[/snapback]

I agree, I think that the tournament went really well with all the teams displaying excellent sportsmanship. With the exception of Jellico.

The attitude of the coach is reflected throughout the players. They are kids and this is just a game. Coaches have to realize that they have a responsibilety to conduct themselves like an adult.

I think its difficult at best, to manage ones anger though the course of a game and thereafter, when coaches allow their personal emotions to tie into the game. I'm sure the incident concerning the Fairview coach had something to do with that if it did occur. The Jellico thing is a whole other beast, best not to go there. I'd guess the coach would have no complaints if he still had the Hutson girl, who went from 7th grade to high school. She was argueable one of the top players in the league last year and she would have made Fairview a tough nut to crack.

thumb Kaz thumb

I think its difficult at best, to manage ones anger though the course of a game and thereafter, when coaches allow their personal emotions to tie into the game.  I'm sure the incident concerning the Fairview coach had something to do with that if it did occur.  The Jellico thing is a whole other beast, best not to go there.  I'd guess the coach would have no complaints if he still had the Hutson girl, who went from 7th grade to high school.  She was argueable one of the top players in the league last year and she would have made Fairview a tough nut to crack. 

thumb Kaz thumb

825555231[/snapback]

It is hard to manage ones emotions. Like coltsfan said, a coach has a responsibility to act like an adult. A coach and a team does more than represent that coach and that team. They are a reflection on themselves, the school, the system, and the community as a whole.

I missed the Jellico event. All I know about them was that they had a very large and athletic team.

Good luck to the Fairview men in their next game.

Edited by CrushMonster

It is hard to manage ones emotions.  Like coltsfan said, a coach has a responsiblity to act like an adult.  A coach and a team does more than represent that coach and that team.  They are a reflection on themselves, the school, the system, and the community as a whole. 

I missed the Jellico event.  All I know about them was that they had a very large and athletic team. 

Good luck to the Fairview men in their next game.

825555252[/snapback]

this is not a reply to this particualr post but to some others in this thread....I am not teh best typist in the world, but...do they teachspelling in any of teh schools anymore???

some of the spellling on thi sthread is autrocious...and that ain't a compliment...

this is not a reply to this particualr post but to some others in this thread....I am not teh best typist in the world, but...do they teachspelling in any of teh schools anymore???

some of the spellling on thi sthread is autrocious...and that ain't a compliment...

825555452[/snapback]

We're sorry, we didn't know we were being graded.

We'll try harder.