MLK @ Greenbrier

Yankees Are #1

This should be another good game and i expect the same thing out of both teams, and i expect the same thing from doc and his staff. But this time Doc is gonna have to leave "his hood" and come to the bobcats country, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with that. Although mlk may still win i dont see doc acting a fool in the commons area of Greenbrier, but i could be wrong.

So any thoughts or predictions on this second match up?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be another good game and i expect the same thing out of both teams, and i expect the same thing from doc and his staff. But this time Doc is gonna have to leave "his hood" and come to the bobcats country, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with that. Although mlk may still win i dont see doc acting a fool in the commons area of  Greenbrier, but i could be wrong.

So any thoughts or predictions on this second match up?

825542999[/snapback]

Some of the refernces in your post could be taking the wrong way and after reading this I felt like you were trying to degrade where MLK is located and the way Doc Shelton acts. MLK is a school of fine young men and women. MLK plays their hardest every night and will never give up, so MLK will come out victorious again.

Bertier, Yankee's is referring to the game last Tuesday night where there were a few words said during the game and an argument between opposing sides after the game in which some of the things said by Doc were "you're in the hood now", and "this is my gym" and things like that. Yankee's didn't mean anything negative by his post, he was just talking about last week's happenings and what might happen this week. For the complete story of what happened last Tuesday, you can read the old thread- Greenbrier @ MLK.

Also, GB gave MLK a good game last week after the first quarter. If GB can play like they did the second half of the MLK game, or play like they did against East Lit. this could be a great game to the very end.

Edited by catsbball1

About this game being played in "Bobcats" country ... sure it's ya'lls gym and what not, but the student section (from what I saw when DL travelled to Greenbrier) didn't really effect the game all that much. Sure, you had a ton of students there ... but only a handful were standing up. CatsBBall .. if you could get the rest of your fans to stand up and cheer, I wouldn't be surprised to see ya'll beat MLK. Ya'll had a huge section of students .. use them (at DL we have the same problem .. only a handful stand up while the others sit and talk .. disappointing ..).

Bertier i wasnt trying to downgrade mlk or say bad things about where the school is located. As catsbball already said i was referring to the things that doc said after the game while he tried to get stuff started after the game. I meant no disrespect to anyone from mlk juss quoting what doc said tuesday night while we were at mlk. I expect this to be a better game then last, because i think that gb will play a better first quarter which will help there outcome greatly. So good luck to both teams.

GO BOBCATS!!

About this game being played in "Bobcats" country ... sure it's ya'lls gym and what not, but the student section (from what I saw when DL travelled to Greenbrier) didn't really effect the game all that much. Sure, you had a ton of students there ... but only a handful were standing up. CatsBBall .. if you could get the rest of your fans to stand up and cheer, I wouldn't be surprised to see ya'll beat MLK. Ya'll had a huge section of students .. use them (at DL we have the same problem .. only a handful stand up while the others sit and talk .. disappointing ..).

825543745[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying, but I don't recall any games I've played in or been to this year that had a student section to stand throughout the whole game. I wish they would stand the whole time but I just don't think it will happen. Plus, the crowd played a huge part in the GB/DL game a few weeks ago. They might not have been standing but whenever GB hit a shot (especially threes) or got a stop on defense such as a steal or a block, the crowd was deafening. When something like that happened, you couldn't here anything but a ringing in your ears which got me and the rest of the team pumped up. Even though we probably won't have fans standing through the whole game, if we can get them to be as loud as they were at the DL game, that's all that matters b/c that was great.