Will Anyone Be Surprised?

myspacebarisstuck

Hey JohnnyBoy;

Please read the previous posts carefully before disputing someone's post. I have agreed with most of what you've said, but if you'll read my last post carefully, I didn't talk about the Walker Valley team winning the "District" this year. I simply stated what their Region record would be if they were in that region already

Next season they will be placed in Region 3, District 5AAA. At the end of this season, the Lady Mustangs will have a 10-1 record against teams in this region (9-2 if they lose to Cleveland).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point about the region teams spacebar, except you will find out chatt. teams never win any games in the region tournament. They are consistantly below district 5 teams. The WV girls are a good team, and would be in the mix of things in district 5. Cleveland, cumberland, mcminn(with their AA schedule), and even bradley has a chance to slip into the sub-state game. WV would also have a chance to get there if they were in this district. It just depends on who gets hot during that 2 week span!

Myspacebarisstuck- I don't follow you, please explain?????

You said-

Oh, here's something for you folks that believe they should already be in AAA... You're probably right (by the enrollment numbers), but do you know what their REGION record would be right now (based on who is currently in the region that they'll move to next year)? Next season they will be placed in Region 3, District 5AAA. At the end of this season, the Lady Mustangs will have a 10-1 record against teams in this region (9-2 if they lose to Cleveland).

How will Walker Valley have a 9-2 or 10-1 record against teams in this region at the end of the season? They only play two teams in this region. I must be missing something.

Showtime- although I agree that WV has beaten up on some weaker talent I don't see how you can discount them as being a legitimate contender for the state championship. If you remember they only lost to eventual state champion last year by 2 points. This was a game they probably should have won as they were up by 5 with a minute to go. If it was at WV, they probably would have won. Anyway, WV has everyone back from last year. If they were only a basket away from being good enough last year, what makes you think they aren't good enough this year?

825546740[/snapback]

To be honest, I am just not sold on them. I have watched several of the top AA teams in the state play and Walker Valley in my mind is not near the team of the other teams. Do I think they will make the State, YES. The best AA ball in the state is Upper Cumberland but it is down a bit this year so they will be able to win their substate game. Do I see them having a chance once they get there, NO. Just my opinion. WV has one good player but good players can only take you so far. Butler will get them to the state due to the teams they will be playing on their road there are weak but once they get there reality will set and WV will enjoy there one day stay in M'Boro.

Edited by showtime7

Considering that I have seen both of them play this year they are alot better than Walker Valley. I watched Walker Valley in Greeneville and also three times since then and they have not done anything to make me think they will win AA State.  I get tired of hearing how WV about beat MJ. MJ played the worse game of the year and still easily handle WV. The game never got closer than 8 and it was like MJ toyed with WV the whole game, they would let them get close then MJ would push it out to a 15 to 20 point lead.  Get over it you play in a weak area for AA basketball and since you beat everyone by 20 to 40 points you think your good when your really just a really nice team. Martin Westview and Cheatham both of whom I have seen are alot better teams.

Also I can't wait when you go AAA and you have to travel to "Rick Grill" for your substate game and you get your lesson in Basketball 101. B)  :D

AA State Title Game:

Martin Westview - Coached by the "Wizard of Westview" Kevin McMillian

vs

Cheatham County - Coached by " The General"  Phil Carr

825546657[/snapback]

YO Showtime stay over in Shelbyville and enjoy the wonderfull season your ladies are enjoying (HaHa) and be glad your not playing WV this year as I believe they would be another team to limit the Ville to around 25 points. Thanks for viewing all the teams in the state for all of us that must be some sponsorship deal you have with that shoe company. :o

Oh, here's something for you folks that believe they should already be in AAA...  You're probably right (by the enrollment numbers), but do you know what their REGION record would be right now (based on who is currently in the region that they'll move to next year)?  Next season they will be placed in Region 3, District 5AAA.  At the end of this season, the Lady Mustangs will have a 10-1 record against teams in this region (9-2 if they lose to Cleveland). 

Not too shabby!  QUIT CRYING!  Walker Valley would probably be in the top 10 in AAA this season.

825546600[/snapback]

Ok, first off. I will admit, that the region is weak. Cleveland and Cumberland are the class of that region, not to leave out Bradley. WV has played 2 teams out of district 5. Beat Bradley twice, and lost to Cleveland by 26. Their record against AAA teams wouldn't be so impressive if they played Cumberland Co. twice. Record agains AAA teams is 7-3. But this topic isn't about that. So, I wouldn't be surprised if WV won state, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win state. Good Luck Mustangs!!!

YO Showtime stay over in Shelbyville and enjoy the wonderfull season your ladies are enjoying (HaHa) and be glad your not playing WV this year as I believe they would be another team to limit the Ville to around 25 points. Thanks for viewing all the teams in the state for all of us that must be some sponsorship deal you have with that shoe company. :D

825547063[/snapback]

Did Cleveland beat Walker Valley this year? I think they did but not forsure. I also think that Shelbyville beat Cleveland so I don't think you need to be talking about Walker Valley and Shelbyville in same sentence since you got blasted by 25 by Cleveland. Also in that game Cleveland put their subs in late and you left your starters in so you could catch up and make it respectable.

Yes, I do have a awesome deal with "THE" Shoe Company.

Did Cleveland beat Walker Valley this year? I think they did but not forsure. I also think that Shelbyville beat Cleveland so I don't think you need to be talking about Walker Valley and Shelbyville in same sentence since you got blasted by 25 by Cleveland. Also in that game Cleveland put their subs in late and you left your starters in so you could catch up and make it respectable.

Yes, I do have a awesome deal with "THE" Shoe Company.

825547463[/snapback]

Showtime....that Cleveland/Shelbyville vs Walker Valley/Cleveland mumbo jumbo means about as much as saying ....Lets see....Mt. J waxed Shelbyville by 23 and only beat WV by 9, so does that mean WV is 14 points better than Shelbyville? LOL Please..... :D