Is Bailey going to play college ball?

WishIWasABaller

To be unsigned at his level at this point usually means he is hoping for a bigger school before he settles for a smaller one. It could be a case of a bigger school dragging him along trying to keep him on the line in case a more coveted recruit decides to go elsewhere. It is kind of a vicious cycle. The big school keeps you waiting, you keep the small school waiting, the small school has to keep an even more marginal player waiting. Nobody wins in the short term. Hopefully, someone will long-term. Right now, Wayne County should be the only thing on his mind.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be unsigned at his level at this point usually means he is hoping for a bigger school before he settles for a smaller one.  It could be a case of a bigger school dragging him along trying to keep him on the line in case a more coveted recruit decides to go elsewhere.  It is kind of a vicious cycle.  The big school keeps you waiting, you keep the small school waiting, the small school has to keep an even more marginal player waiting.  Nobody wins in the short term.  Hopefully, someone will long-term.  Right now, Wayne County should be the only thing on his mind.

825617674[/snapback]

I wondered if it was something like that. Or if some school was holding out to watch him play at state.

A number of schools are wanting to see him play again at state...

His current list includes:

Chattanooga

UNC-Asheville

Winthrop

Lafayette

Auburn-Montgomery

Lincoln Memorial

Carson-Newman

Joseph is a great player and a great kid. He does not have a bad attitude in any way, shape or form. Anyone on there that says otherwise obviously does not know the kid personally in any depth at all and is jealous of his success and recruitment.

Good luck to Joseph and Pickett Co in the State Tourney...

As a coach in this area, I hope Joseph Bailey gets a full schloarship to a school he wants to go to and be able to us basketball in exchange for an education because as good as he is I do not see him playing in the N.B.A.

As far as the comment about the way he acted in the last 5 seconds of the regional final, he may not have had a big night scoring a lot of points but when his team needed someone to take the ball, drive the length of the court, and take the game deciding shot, I believe he showed everyone that he IS the man. His reaction afterward may have been over-done BUT 1-He is a high school kid who was excited and 2- the winner of that game plays the sub-state at home and that is very very important(Pickett is 11 and 0 when playing sub-state games at home). I also believe that if Celina had played Grace in Celina for the sub-state, they would be in the state tournament right now.

Also, wonder why Tennessee Tech doesn't recruit this areafor basketball players? I have 2 degrees from good ole TTU and am married to a former Eaglette in basketball and volleyball and have been in this area for 30 years so I know there have been some good players come from here. Mary Nell Meadows and Bill Worrell have both proven that you can win the OVC Championship with tallent form this area. Is the girls basketball that much better than the boys around here?

Good luck Joseph Bailey to whereever you play and for how ever long you want to play. Remember you have only yourself to please and to make happy. Life is too short to worry about what others think especially those who have never walked in your shoes!

By the way good luck in the state---I will be there cheering you on!!!!!!!!!!

Coach D.

Edited by DaCoach

Guest eaglemgr
Also, wonder why Tennessee Tech doesn't recruit this areafor basketball players?

The reason I am going to say that the men's team does not recruit this area much is because they are not that many Blacks at these local high schools. If you look Tech men's basketball team is mostly made up of blacks.

Nothing against blacks they are good ball players. But that is my opinion on why Tennessee Tech does not recruit that much in this area. Because they are not that many blacks.

to bigBLINDchief...any coach seeing Joseph Bailey hitting 3 threes in 31 seconds to bring Pickett Co. from NOWHERE down by 8 points to leading 47-46 would sign him on the spot. Pickett played into Wayne Co's hands...the times Pickett pressed, they came on...but they hardly pressed. Wayne wanted a slow game...Pickett did just that, walking the ball up court giving the big guys plenty of time to get back and set up! Why didn't they run them to death? All that speed and quickness of Pickett was wasted.

to bigBLINDchief...any coach seeing Joseph Bailey hitting 3 threes in 31 seconds to bring Pickett Co. from NOWHERE down by 8 points to leading 47-46 would sign him on the spot. Pickett played into Wayne Co's hands...the times Pickett pressed, they came on...but they hardly pressed. Wayne wanted a slow game...Pickett did just that, walking the ball up court giving the big guys plenty of time to get back and set up! Why didn't they run them to death? All that speed and quickness of Pickett was wasted.

825621900[/snapback]

I totally agree. PC would have played better if it was a fast pace tempo. Why did they play a half court set up. Another thing, I don't think anyone on PC's team took more than 10 shots. Bobcatfan300 you are correct.

I hope Joe goes and plays college ball, and wherever he goes he will be a great addition to any team, he has tons of talent and i hope he does well on the college level, good luck Joe and the rest of the bobcat seniors on everything you do in the future. By the way its not being cocky if you back it up and joe has backed it up plenty more times than not.

Bailey is awesome.He has the best pull up jumper than any one in the state and as good as most people in the nation. Face the facts he can dribble good shoot awesome and has the best j in state no doubt. Trey Hobson of Hume Fogg has most threes in the state he is the best shooter i am sure. Best all around player is JOSEPH BAILEY

825555890[/snapback]

If you want to see true division 1 basketball players, go to mtsu and watch teams like bolivar and jackson north side. Players like reginald delk and wayne chism are division 1 prospects, not j. bailey.