Kenny Meredith VS. John Kirn

cowboy316

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Meredith is probably the best pure athlete in the state. He will win region unless he pulls the biggest choke in the history of the world. WE can hear all these "Well look what happened to Dan Gable," stories but the bottom line is that while Meredith might not even be the best wrestler he is by far the superior athlete in the region and in the state.

Kenny Meredith is probably the best pure athlete in the state. He will win region unless he pulls the biggest choke in the history of the world. WE can hear all these "Well look what happened to Dan Gable," stories but the bottom line is that while Meredith might not even be the best wrestler he is by far the superior athlete in the region and in the state.

825561400[/snapback]

Do you mean in the sport of wrestling? Or, do you mean among all sports?

Also, there's a lot of wrestling to be done. One match at a time. You have to be the best wrestler to win. Athleticism alone doesn't guarantee victory.

I agree about the Ravenwood kid - he is good and on any given day someone wins and someone will lose.  I'm not sure what the record is between Ravenwood & Franklin, but regardless both of these young men will determine on the mat who will go up against Blackman.

825561324[/snapback]

I am glad to see that this post has come back up since I created the same thing a couple weeks ago and nothing came of it. However, I know that John Kirn has beaten Spencer all three times this year that they have wrestled. I am also pretty sure that at least two of those were pins, and one was in the first period. ( I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right) But trust me, The Colonel will not over look Spencer on his was to the finals against Meredith. And also, I agree with HAMM, Meredith is a good athlete but I highly doubt that these other guys fear him. But, anyways we will find out this weekend for sure.

I am glad to see that this post has come back up since I created the same thing a couple weeks ago and nothing came of it. However, I know that John Kirn has beaten Spencer all three times this year that they have wrestled. I am also pretty sure that at least two of those were pins, and one was in the first period. ( I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right) But trust me, The Colonel will not over look Spencer on his was to the finals against Meredith. And also, I agree with HAMM, Meredith is a good athlete but I highly doubt that these other guys fear him. But, anyways we will find out this weekend for sure.

825561485[/snapback]

Good post .....The Franklin kid will win if he is in good shape.I hadn't seen either kid wrestle but in the past Merideth got wek at the end of matches....

Good post .....The Franklin kid will win if he is in good shape.I hadn't seen either kid wrestle but in the past Merideth got wek at the end of matches....

825561526[/snapback]

That's probably what the Mater Dei kid thought too! Meredith will win , but won't totally dominate like he did in the brentwood finals. He will control the match just not totally dominate! Different styles will probably lead to a 4-6 point match with not alot of people ooowing and ahhhing like predicted. or a pin.

"(gitusome @ Feb 11 2005 - 08:32 AM)

Good post .....The Franklin kid will win if he is in good shape.I hadn't seen either kid wrestle but in the past Merideth got wek at the end of matches...."

Kenny by 6-10 pts. No pin. Come see the latest in what is the total package needed for college level wrestling.

I understand the 215 lb. Pope John Paul- D2 kid, who is undefeated, will have a match against Kenny very soon.

soms

That's probably what the Mater Dei kid thought too! Meredith will win , but won't totally dominate like he did in the brentwood finals. He will control the match just not totally dominate! Different styles will probably lead to a 4-6 point match with not alot of people ooowing and ahhhing like predicted. or a pin.

825561538[/snapback]

Have Kirn and Spencer wrestled 3 times? I was aware of only the once where Kirn pinned him at the GP West for third. It seems that that tournament established the current "rankings" 1-3, where they Spencer losing to Meredith in semis, Kirn Losing to MD Kid in Semis, Spencer beating Weakly, Kirn Beating Spencer, Meredith beating the MD kid 22-9 in the Finals. Then Spencer was ill or something when RHS and FHS wrestled again.

Kenny by 6-10 pts.  No pin.  Come see the latest in what is the total package needed for college level wrestling. 

I understand the 215 lb. Pope John Paul- D2 kid, who is undefeated, will have a match against Kenny very soon.

soms

825561622[/snapback]

When will this match take place? I would love to see this. I haven't seen Kenny this year but I have seen Courtney Coffey (the PJPII kid) and he is about as strong as they come and his skill is surely improving since the last time I saw him. I would love to see this match but it won't happen at the state so are the two schools scheduled to wrestle next week? I highly doubt this as most schools don't schedule matches the week of state and they obviously won't meet today because Kenny should be at his regional tournament...

Edited by WrestleSBA

When will this match take place?  I would love to see this.  I haven't seen Kenny this year but I have seen Courtney Coffey (the PJPII kid) and he is about as strong as they come and his skill is surely improving since the last time I saw him.  I would love to see this match but it won't happen at the state so are the two schools scheduled to wrestle next week?  I highly doubt this as most schools don't schedule matches the week of state and they obviously won't meet today because Kenny should be at his regional tournament...

825561699[/snapback]

I believe the match will be Monday @ Blackman. Coffy immpressed me when he clearly dominated Stanley Brooks.

soms