Well....the results are pouring in:

GIRLS

Top half of the bracket

Get-in games

Univ School beat host Catons Chapel

Wearwood downed Sullivan

OS & Oneida advance to the Semi-FINALS

Oliver Springs defeated Univ School---OS led 38-2 late in the 3rd

Oneida defeated Wearwood-----Forty something to 11 or so, 2 of Wearwood's better players didn't show up until the 4th

Bottom half of the bracket

Get-In games

Wartburg downed Midway 26-15

Eagleton beat Fairview 44-40

In the quarter-final round:

Wartburg vs Gatlinburg PBP

Eagleton vs Rogersville City

Edited by TheAnswer9

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOYS RESULTS

Upper half of the bracket

Get-In games

Univ School defeated Pittman Center

Mary Hughes beat Wearwood

Quarter-finals

Mary Hughes upset #1 seeded Oneida--8 or so points

Rockwood vs Univ School

Lower half of the bracket

Get-In games

Fairview throttled Harriman, 68-36

OS slipped by PJ--4pts in OT (PJ let a 9pt lead slip away)

Quarter-final games

Fairview vs Gatlilnburg PBP

Holston vs OS

Edited by TheAnswer9

Hey Oliver Springs won tonight in a nail biter against PJ. PJ did let a 9 point lead slip but #3 got in foul trouble and #44 fouled out in the 4th. OS never gave up and battled back. I think the score was 15-9 at halftime good defense kept both teams from scorin. But in The end Petros Failed to convert from the Free Throw line and OS hit them when it counted. Even though i hate to see our boys lose they didnt go down without a fight. This just gives them a chance to check out some high school action. Good Luck to the teams remaining.

Congratulations to the Mary Hughes Boys team. They playedf a good game tonight against an Oneida team that looked dazed and confused. Oneida finishes 16-5 which is the best year they have had in about twelve years. Even though the game looked ugly they didn't give up.

I hope all OMS fans are proud of the effort they gave this year.

Only one thing to do now....................

GO Fairview Rebels in the boys bracket. OMS is pulling for you to carry Area 2 to the finals we hope.

Also, I got to see the Oliver Springs girls tonight................Thursday is going to be a tough task for the Lady Indians. A near perfect game will be needed to get past the Lady Bobcats, but we're pulling for you. Go Lady Indians.

My son, Chuck Jeffers played his last middle school game tonight for Oneida, along with seven other eighth graders, and words can't describe the way we feel in this home. But, it's only a game and the sun will rise tomorrow. I can't say enough about the Lions team that beat the Indians. Good luck to Mary Hughes in their quest for a Sectional title. No offense to the Lions, but Scott County pulls for their own, and we are rooting for the Rebels to win it all.

I spoke to the Tourney director, Scott Hensley tonight, and I just want to say what a good job that Catons is doing running the tournament.

In closing, I want to send out a special thanks to Coaches Steve Jeffers and Tommy Chambers for the job they did this with the Oneida Indians squad. It really hurts to end the season the way we did, but it was a good year and IO wish a very good group of 6th and 7th graders the best for next year.

From PJ's #33's mom,

Sorry to hear that the Oneida Indians lost the battle last night in the Forge. I was pulling for you guys to go all the way. It always makes you feel good for the team that put you in the loser bracket to win the whole thing. I sympathize with you on how you guys felt playing your last game of the middle school career. Last night was a heart breaker with PJ losing to OS after leading most of the game. Our guys played their hearts out but after much sweat and a few tears -- you were right-- the sun did come up today.

All I can say now is good luck to OS -- they put PJ all the way out of the running -- so I hope they can go all the way and win it for our area. Good Luck OS.

Good Luck to the Lady Bulldogs -- I hope they can represent Morgan County well and go all the way to win a championship.

Congratulations to the Mary Hughes Boys team.  They playedf a good game tonight against an Oneida team that looked dazed and confused.  Oneida finishes 16-5 which is the best year they have had in about twelve years.  Even though the game looked ugly they didn't give up. 

I hope all OMS fans are proud of the effort they gave this year.

Only one thing to do now....................

GO Fairview Rebels in the boys bracket.  OMS is pulling for you to carry Area 2 to the finals we hope.

Also,  I got to see the Oliver Springs girls tonight................Thursday is going to be a tough task for the Lady Indians.  A near perfect game will be needed to get past the Lady Bobcats, but we're pulling for you.  Go Lady Indians.

My son, Chuck Jeffers played his last middle school game tonight for Oneida, along with seven other eighth graders, and words can't describe the way we feel in this home.  But, it's only a game and the sun will rise tomorrow.  I can't say enough about the Lions team that beat the Indians.  Good luck to Mary Hughes in their quest for a Sectional title.  No offense to the Lions, but Scott County pulls for their own, and we are rooting for the Rebels to win it all.

I spoke to the Tourney director, Scott Hensley tonight, and I just want to say what a good job that Catons is doing running the tournament. 

In closing, I want to send out a special thanks to Coaches Steve Jeffers and Tommy Chambers for the job they did this with the Oneida Indians squad.  It really hurts to end the season the way we did, but it was a good year and IO wish a very good group of 6th and 7th graders the best for next year.

825566651[/snapback]

Yeah I know how they feel last year i played for hms #10 you might rememeber me from the regular season but i to know how it feels to play your last middle school game catons put us on by 1 in Ot. But you had a great year and your boys had a great year. Good job for represnting Scott County. ANY INFO ON THE FAIRVIEW BOYS GAME?

Edited by running riot