6AA District Tournament

defensewins

I believe Howard will win this easily and probably beat Mcminn Central for the Region title. I have a question for you all. How does Howard spank Austin-East, have a great win-loss record and not get any AP votes for a top ten team in AA. I truly believe East Tennessee gets no love when it comes to Basketball.

825568908[/snapback]

How can you say Howard will beat McMinn Central, Central already beat them once in Knoxville, and pretty handily I might add. And what do you mean when you say East Tennessee gets no love? Don't you mean Howard gets no love? Cuz according to this website 2 teams from East Tennessee are in the Top 10 with one being in the Top 5. Fulton (last I checked) is 4th and McMinn Central is 8th.

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoreboard has East Ridge over Arts and Sciences (has Creative Arts but that has to have just been a mistake on whoever added the game to the scheduled) by 14, 64-50, just a few hours after Hixson beats Howard. I guess in a district where a team that lost in the play-in (Marion) beat the #2 seed (CSAS) and lost to the #1 by just five points, anything could happen and it has. And I dislike "moral victories" as much as anyone but Seq's double overtime loss to E Ridge looks a lot better with them advancing to the finals.

I'm not sure who will win dist.6, I think Howard.And sounds to me like nobody in Dist. 6 agrees with who it,ll be. But the one thing you all do agree with is that your worried about McMinn Central. And by the way the two best teams in Dist. 5 are McMinn Central and Sequoah, not Walker Valley. Sequoyah beat Alcoa last week, look for Central and Sequoyah to be a barn burner if the meet up in championship. Good Luck to all, see ya at Cleveland State thumb

I'm not sure who will win dist.6, I think Howard.And sounds to me like nobody in Dist. 6 agrees with who it,ll be. But the one thing you all do agree with is that your worried about McMinn Central. And by the way the two best teams in Dist. 5 are McMinn Central and Sequoah, not Walker Valley. Sequoyah beat Alcoa last week, look for Central and Sequoyah to be a barn burner if the meet up in championship. Good Luck to all, see ya at Cleveland State thumb

825583862[/snapback]

Howard cant win it they are playing CSAS for third place tonight

This is very entertaining.  I am amazed at the parity of 6-AA.  It seems to me that ER and Hixon have turned it on its head.  That just goes to show that nothing is certain in a tournament.  How do you think 6-AA will fare against 5-AA now that the seedings are starting to pan out?

825583949[/snapback]

I guess it is a good thing and it may help 6AA in the region just because the district is no cake walk, even the county schools seem to have brought their A games they just fell a bit short, the region will be very interesting do not be too quick to give the region crown to Mcminn just yet

The region is setting up very nicely for a 6-aa to win it. 6-aa top 2 seeds starting the tourny are now the bottom 2. Which means that the 2 best teams (record wise) will be playing the top 2 teams from 5-aa. a team that is sitting very nicely as of right now is ER. They have lost to both the top 2 but played very competitively, if 6-AA big dogs beat up 5-AA big dogs they are a near lock for the Ship.

hixson wins over east ridge... i don't have a official score b/c i forgot to take a mental note, but hixson did win by double digits i believe... like 8-12 pts or something like that.

player of the game - johnny carter (C/Jr.)

definitely controlled the paint against east ridge's two tough post players.

look in the paper for the stats b/c right now i don't have them, but just reporting this so everyone would know...

congrats hixson, and good luck 6AA against 5AA in the region at cleveland state. like spydaman said, the region tournament is shaping up well for 6AA and i am sure those 5AA teams are shaking in their boots...

another note, howard won in consolations... so the 6AA side of the region will look like:

1. hixson

2. east ridge

3. howard

4. csas

i'm sure the most nervous team right now is mcminn central who most likely won the 5AA championship, and with some fire behind a tough csas team, mcminn central could be going home early...

I was at the game last night, I believe we won 50-38 . Johnny was a big factor in the win. He, among other players, came through we they needed to, to really give the team effort that Hixson has been missing all year. I heard East Ridge had a certain homecrowd advantage. Hixson's fans showed up in full and quickly neutralized any advantage East Ridge supposedly had. After Hixsons fans got into the game, East Ridge seemed to be rattled, and hardly ever posed a threat to Hixsons lead from there on out. Great job guys.

Edited by BenHasRisen