Cheatham County Information

CoachT

The problem with the TSSAA is they do not run the organizaton like a business. Would the TSSAA not prevent these problems by mailing a copy of the rule to any family that inquires about transfering to another school. The smart thing to do on the TSSAA's part would be proactive in preventing (like preventive medicine) problems.before the happen. But when you run a dictatorship like they do you can do what you want. This will never go to court because the TSSAA will drag it out in court until after the state tournament is over. The only way to stop this is for the family to get a federal judge to hold up the tournaments until the matter can be heard and resolved. This has only ever happened one time and that was with the wrestling tournament and IMO it will never happen again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Menees is an official so what he say's should be an official statment from the TSSAA. What he should have done is piont them to the rules. That way the Moreheads could read the rule and understand it for themself.

825570762[/snapback]

The rules are online at www.tssaa.org

825570798[/snapback]

LIKE SOMEONE ALREADY SAID IF SHE WASNT CLEARED BY THE TSSAA WHY DIDNT THIS COME TO PLAY BEFORE SEASON STARTED. IT MAKES YOU THINK HEY DID THEY WAIT ON PURPOSE AFTER ALL DISTRICT GAMES WERE PLAYED. HEY YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. NO ONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED. IF THE TSSAA COULDNT DO THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR THEN WHY DO IT NOW.

825570798[/snapback]

Exactly. If someone calls up and asks TSSAA if they can transfer, the answer is always going to be 'yes'...........not 'yes, but you need to do this, this and this.' There's rules on the website, there are precedented cases of what happens if the rules are not followed to the letter. We don't have to like the rules and they may not seem fair in every case, but they should be the same for everyone without exception. Chaos is when some follow the rules and others don't.

As far as when the hammer falls, I've heard from more than one source that red flags were raised to Cheatham in June and again in November. I do feel sorry for the girls though..........all of them.

Edited by ksgovols

LIKE SOMEONE ALREADY SAID IF SHE WASNT CLEARED BY THE TSSAA WHY DIDNT THIS COME TO PLAY BEFORE SEASON STARTED. IT MAKES YOU THINK HEY DID THEY WAIT ON PURPOSE AFTER ALL DISTRICT GAMES WERE PLAYED. HEY YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. NO ONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED. IF THE TSSAA COULDNT DO THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR THEN WHY DO IT NOW.

825570818[/snapback]

The TSSAA does not review every single player that is turned in as meeting the requirements for participation. That would be tens of thousands of kids in all the various sports that they oversee. The school is responsible for stating that by filling out the eligibility forms. The TSSAA will, however, look into a situation if it is reported to them by a member school. All you have to do is look across your county at another certain school to find out why it has not come up until now. They asked for a review and got it. Why they waited this late to turn in their request is up for judgement. :D:D

You know one of the major motives for people's action is jealousy. You have a successful high school girls program with a proven and successful head coach and the first thing people do is to look for ways to tear down that program. I am sure from what I have read that the girl is ineligible and that rules were violated, but the main motivator from all of this is jealousy. My daughter played for Phil Carr for four years and I know first hand that this is probably one of the most class act programs in the state of Tennessee and other people see it and are envious and want to do something to tear it down. What I am talking about has nothing to do with right or wrong because this has been determined to be a violation of policy, but more to do with wanting to see a great program fall. I would love to see more high school coaches care as much about his players as this coach does and to do as much as he does to try to get the player to the college level if they want to be there.

You know one of the major motives for people's action is jealousy. You have a successful high school girls program with a proven and successful head coach and the first thing people do is to look for ways to tear down that program.  I am sure from what I have read that the girl is ineligible and that rules were violated, but the main motivator from all of this is jealousy. My daughter played for Phil Carr for four years and I know first hand that this is probably one of the most class act programs in the state of Tennessee and other people see it and are envious and want to do something to tear it down. What I am talking about has nothing to do with right or wrong because this has been determined to be a violation of policy, but more to do with wanting to see a great program fall. I would love to see more high school coaches care as much about his players as this coach does and to do as much as he does to try to get the player to the college level if they want to be there.

825570927[/snapback]

jealousy is the main factor in this... why cant people in this county or whatever county it was let them have the time of their life... cause all they will remember now is how their succesful season was ripped away from them. i recently graduated from cheatham but didnt play basketball.... but i did play football and i know its the greatest feeling of having a good season..... and if someone took that from me i would remember it for the rest of my life.... these girls didnt do anything wrong and even if she was in violation why did they wait for the season to be close to the end...

jealousy is the main factor in this... why cant people in this county or whatever county it was let them have the time of their life... cause all they will remember now is how their succesful season was ripped away from them. i recently graduated from cheatham but didnt play basketball.... but i did play football and i know its the greatest feeling of having a good season..... and if someone took that from me i would remember it for the rest of my life.... these girls didnt do anything wrong and even if she was in violation why did they wait for the season to be close to the end...

825570942[/snapback]

Because...as previously stated...it was reported to the tssaa. The best way to have avoided this...was to have followed the transfer rules. If that had happened...the girl would still be playing...and we would be discussing something else.