USJ recruiting rumors?

BrettDawson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been with Dyer for 10 years and played for him for 3 and what ive heard as far as him doing something wrong is the fact that he COULD have been "coaching" him on the way and way back durin the dead period. But that is so stupid i mean whats he gonna do hit em ground balls in the back of his truck? :lol:

825580064[/snapback]

Well put L-town Tigers!!! I think some people are making a big deal over nothing. Let the guys play ball and get on with it. Let the Coach, coach and get over it!! B)

everyone on this board knows that usj has been accused of recruiting in the past , so if there was any inclination that any accusations could have been made in this situation then the coach shouldnt have been doing it...he should have known better and he should have known that if ppl found out that they would make a big deal about it; whatever the situation...whats the most extreme thing the tssaa could do?....i would like to know that...

This is what I have been told. He was driving a player to school. The TSSAA found out about it and told him to stop. He continued to drive the kid to school. Another school turned him in again and the TSSAA has suspended him indefinitely.

825580695[/snapback]

Right or wrong, If the TSSAA told him to stop, he should have stopped. Once again, right or wrong, they are the boss, and it's not a democracy.

I just got more info on the situation. Apparently, the USJ coach was driving a fresman player to school each day that lives outside of Madison County. The school found out and asked him to stop. He didn't and the situation was turned in by an outside source to the TSSAA. They gave USJ the option of suspending the coach or take 1 year of probation. They chose the former and the coach was suspended. I still haven't found out the duration, but my iron clad source tells me that he will be fired and that Joesph Talley from Chester Co. is in line for the job now. I wonder if Coach Carey would come back now? Also, do you think a certain reporter at the Jackson Sun with a kids at USJ and another that just graduated is keeping a finger on this to keep it from being published? Also, is the school keeping it hush hush to keep down appearances that everything isn't so rosy in paradise?

I just got more info on the situation.  Apparently, the USJ coach was driving a fresman player to school each day that lives outside of Madison County.  The school found out and asked him to stop.  He didn't and the situation was turned in by an outside source to the TSSAA. They gave USJ the option of suspending the coach or take 1 year of probation.  They chose the former and the coach was suspended.  I still haven't found out the duration, but my iron clad source tells me that he will be fired and that Joesph Talley from Chester Co. is in line for the job now.  I wonder if Coach Carey would come back now?  Also, do you think a certain reporter at the Jackson Sun with a kids at USJ and another that just graduated is keeping a finger on this to keep it from being published?  Also, is the school keeping it hush hush to keep down appearances that everything isn't so rosy in paradise?

825581243[/snapback]

Coach Dyer is and will stay the Head Baseball Coach @ USJ!!!

I think all of this is much to do about nothing. How many coaches have given kids rides to and from school. I know my high school coach took me to school and home everyday. Evidently someone has been waiting to ambush Coach Dyer and his program. Why did his suspension happen right before the start of practice?

Story in Jackson Sun today. TSSAA investigated in the fall and found nothing wrong. Although they found nothing wrong, they said rides must stop (were afraid it could be used as a recruiting tool). Now the issue appears to be not rules violation but not following TSSAA instructions according to the JS story.

TSSAA said not a huge violation, but more than a minor violation, whatever that means.

I don't know if there was no violation found in the fall why TSSAA told him to stop, but as I stated earlier, the TSSAA is not a democracy, and they don't like it when you don't do what they say. Maybe for USJ and Coach Dyer's sake, this will blow over before season starts.