TSSAA DON'T CARE

NXT TOUR

why did the Tssaa come up with the rule that a school must hold at least 1000 people then not make schools follow this rule I would really like to go to the regional tourament this year but it being at Greenback I will just stay at home it will be like it was at Midway a couple years back that was the must miserable tourament for a fan Greenback will not seat 1000 people if half the people in the stands would let someone set on their lap This is going to be a very bad Regional Tourament for some one to watch a game

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they should have it at a neutral site. I went to Rockwood to watch it last year and it was extremely crowded; they're people standing out in the hall to watch. And when it is that crowded it gets exteremely hot. I heard somewhere that it was 100 deg. on the court. That is a little obsurd but I mean it's way too hot to be playin in. Does anybody know the biggest gym in the district??

Well, the region is going to be miserable at Greenback. I think they should keep to the rule. I mean, I understand that some people don't have the funding to provide enough seating, but still. A small gym takes away from the atmosphere. It gets the fans irritated and it's not worth all the trouble. It would be nice if a school that couldn't hold people could have it at a college or something.

I see a double-standard here.

For instance, I think it was Powell or some Knoxville based team not allowed to host sub-state last year, because they were just under the AAA seating limit.

Yet, a literal fire hazard scene broke out at Unaka for the Cosby game with the crows nest full of about 20 some odd clock keepers, book keepers, media and radio. Then people sitting in the aisles, baselines, whereever they could. Two and even 3 deep in the baseline at the gym door.

But really, in Class A in east TN, for Region 1 - either Milligan College's Steve Lacy Fieldhouse or Cherokee are the best options (Chuckey Doak for travel and size, and Milligan for seating), but construction forces it away from Milligan to C-D this year.

In Region 2, Cosby is possible (lack of parking though) and with air-conditioned facilities. CAK is a decent sized gym, just the bleachers on one side hurts. Midway and Greenback are bad choices. Unsure of TSD and Grace. Rockwood is a good choice; yet those latter games get hairy with no A/C in the building, which really came out last year when the temperatures rose to 75-80 degrees in early March (which is rare, I know).

Harriman is decent sized I hear; or they could add Roane St to the mix (which may be where Harriman plays).

I have an idea, never happen though, way too expensive, and I don't like the removal of a home sub-state (or sectional game).......but a Sub-State Saturday and Monday, like this...

Regions 1/2 play at ETSU's Memorial Center, 3/4 at Thomspon Boling, 5/6 at Memorial gym at Vandy and 7/8 at FedEx or the Pyrmiad

Farfetched I realize, because the cost would be enormous to rent/lease these arenas.....and the state isn't about to part with cash they don't have to.