DII middle

unanymous89

I hate to tell you but Fairball is right. Father Ryan is number 1 because they have beat almost all of the good teams they have played. All those teams he mentioned are the top teams in the state right now. While Father Ryan beat Brentwood, Bearden, and Farragut, CBHS lost to all three. There's one major difference right there. Really other than the win at the beginning of the season over Father Ryan, CBHS hasnt beaten any really strong teams. There's no way they should be number 1. Baylor on the other hand has a couple of DII big wins and ties. They look like they had a good year. McCallie has also had a good year with two of its losses coming from out of state and one big 0-4 loss to Baylor. And like CBHS, not many big other than Father Ryan. And you must be crazy to put BGA over Father Ryan. Their schedules don't even compare in strength. Father Ryan had the hardest schedule and only lost twice. Thus, they came out on top

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fair assessment. i'm not a big fan of the rankings. Since tying BGA, Ryan is 6-0 and beat Brentwood 2-1 in the process.  True Ryan has loses to CBHS and McCallie, but has had several very big wins over formidable opponents, ie.. Farragut, MUS, Hendersonville, Brentwood, and Bearden. Their opponents W-L is 133-70-46 (excluding Randuolph School). Hey, Ryan is a "Blue Collar" type of team! They've worked hard and their focused. I say, to heck with the rankings and let them have the opportunity to prove it on the field! I too will not be making any predictions. Who really knows at this point!

825670836[/snapback]

I agree. But Ryan keeps on winning, and W's is all that really matters this time of year, regardless of the color of the collar.

Sounds good but honestly, i would have

1. CBHS

2. Baylor

3. McCallie

4. Ryan

5. BGA

6. Notre Dame

7. MUS

8. Knox Catholic

Since beating CPA 4-0 BGA dropped from 6 to 7. They should have moved up to five. Ryan Tied BGA but has a much better record. The top four are hard because everyone has lost to someone else. This is how I see it though.

825670691[/snapback]

I was a fan of getting BGA ranked earlier in the season and I still think they are top 8 material, but number 5 is not reasonable. Of all the ranked DII teams BGA has played the weakest schedule by far with opponents barely having a combined winning record (86-67-32). Of the 2 ranked teams BGA played, they went 0-1-1.

You picked on my favorite team and moved it to #8, yet Catholic played 50% of all of their games against ranked teams with a 4-2-3 record in those 9 games. The Irish had one-sided wins over 3 ranked AAA teams- Farragut, Oak Ridge and McMinn Co. along with a tie at Science Hill. Catholic's opponents are 159-86-24 overall. The only team with a tougher schedule in the entire DII was arguably Baylor (165-88-41). Catholic tied both Baylor and McCallie.

I think if you compare actual records, DII should look like this going into the tournaments:

1) Father Ryan

2) Baylor

3) McCallie

4) CBHS

5) ND

6) Knox Catholic

7) MUS

8) BGA

Heres the deal. BGA only took 13 people to the MUS game and one of them is hurt. That means they played the whole game with five usual starters and one sub. Everyone at the game will admit that their was only was real goal. An MUS forward had a diving header about 30 min into the game. The other two goals came late in the second half and were the product of noone on the BGA side having enough energy to continue. With six of our starters out, MUS should have won that game 1-0. In the standings, that goes down as a win For MUS, but BGA was happy with the way the game went.

If anyone from MUS wants to brag about barely beating half of a team that tied for first in the region, let them go ahead and do it. I dont care, i just want everyone to know what really happened.