Boys, Pull up your shorts!

DelTavian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I say, this is not the 60's, 70's, or even 80's. Daisy dukes are for women to wear. No one wants to see some bball player showing more skin than paris hilton on the red carpet! I mean this is absolutely ridiculous. what is so wrong with boxers? it's clothing! If you see the kids butt crack, i can understand getting perturbed but all this fuss and worrying over underwear?! man i think some people need to get a life! you older guys can hate it all you want but the fact remains, it's in the culture today! it will not change for a while. By the way Del, you may wanna check again; we do not live in a free country! Partly due to the fact that people like you (and people your age) feel the need to impose your beliefs on others and violate an individuals rights! Here's an idea: QUIT GOING TO THE GAMES IF IT UPSETS YOU THIS MUCH!!!!

Like I said before, when you buy my clothes then you can tell me how to wear them, but untill then no one can tell me how to wear my own clothes.

825590528[/snapback]

So what you're saying is your own parents can kiss off, right? Nobody can tell you what to do. That includes them right?

Nice way to show respect to mom and dad. <_<

Del.

And these are the type of students that our high school teachers are having to deal with. Rules are "stupid" and not to be followed. They like looking like thugs, But I just hate it that our coaches are allowing them to do that. It doesn't matter what decade it is----- Underwear is not made to be shown to the entire public. Parents CAN teach their children to dress appropriately, and YES I can, as a parent, take my son off the court if he ever wears his shorts the way so many of them do. I would be totally embarrassed if he were to ever do that.

Again I say, this is not the 60's, 70's, or even 80's. Daisy dukes are for women to wear. No one wants to see some bball player showing more skin than paris hilton on the red carpet! I mean this is absolutely ridiculous. what is so wrong with boxers? it's clothing! If you see the kids butt crack, i can understand getting perturbed but all this fuss and worrying over underwear?! man i think some people need to get a life! you older guys can hate it all you want but the fact remains, it's in the culture today! it will not change for a while. By the way Del, you may wanna check again; we do not live in a free country! Partly due to the fact that people like you (and people your age) feel the need to impose your beliefs on others and violate an individuals rights! Here's an idea: QUIT GOING TO THE GAMES IF IT UPSETS YOU THIS MUCH!!!!

825590453[/snapback]

i have 2 things to say about this post. the basketball shorts these days already come below the knees so i don't understand where you're getting "daisy dukes" from. second, just because someone states their own opinion doesn't make this an "unfree" country. i didn't know that living in a free country was all about people not saying "you need to pull your shorts up." if that was the case, then freedom would be pointless.

So what you're saying is it's bad to have standards? B)

It's bad to want to do what's right? :huh:

It's bad want things to be respectable? B)

I'll tell you what's bad about this. Having your shorts down your butt is stupid. It makes you look stupid. It inhibits your game. (and you can deny that one all you want but every player I've ever seen doing it is always having to adjust them when they should be stealing the ball, catching a pass, making a shot or something that would actually benefit the TEAM.)

This is a team sport after all. You're supposed to be out there for your team, your school and your community. It's is not supposed to be about you.

If you want a sport that's all about you, might I suggest professional wrestling.

I really want to say having your shorts hanging off your butt makes you look retarded, but that would be an insult to individuals who have mental retardation. And since I have the utmost respect for those individuals and their every day struggles to have a "normal" life I wouldn't put the "butt crack brigade" in the same league with them.

Again I say pull up your shorts. You look stupid with them hanging down.

Del (who will not allow his son to ever do such because I'm a parent. There are still parents out there but they're hard to find. But I for one am not afraid to make my son have some standards.)

Standards for my son.

* No butt crack britches or shorts....ever....until you die an old man....remember...I'm always watching.

* No earrings. Unless you're a girl and I don't know it or a pirate they'll be no earrings.

* No long hair unless you're a rock star or a professional wrestler.

* Hold the door for the ladies. That's why they're ladies and you're a man.

* Never disrespect your mother or your grandparents or we're going to the woodshed.

* Be the best student possible. It's your job until you get a job that pays and the better you do this job the better the ones later will pay.

* Never start a fight, but always finish one.

* Never do drugs.....because you won't like the after effect I have on your body.

* Never disrespect the flag or your country. Men and women have died so you can be free. That flag represents every single one of them. NEVER, EVER disrespect it.

* You will learn how to hunt, fish and grow a garden. One day those abilities just might keep you and your family alive.

* Never, ever lie to your dad. Your dad is your best friend. There is nothing you can't tell me. Whatever it is we'll work through it. That work may be easy and it may be hard, but we'll get through it together.

And oh yeah, did I mention never, ever wear butt crack britches or shorts? B)

825586837[/snapback]

Well said!

I'm fresh out of college, and i am ashamed at the way high school kids act. Yeah we did some things that made people mad, but when we were told to straighten up we did. It all starts with the parents, sorry if you don't have both, but that is still no excuse. I had only one parent too, but i had something call respect, and common since. Kids today have neither, we are to busy trying to be a THUG! In todays society thats something that some think is a good thing (songs). I guess those who do sag want to go back to there roots from the prison days, when that stated you were........My all time favorite saying has to be "YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I COME FROM. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I BEEN THROUGH".....hahaha. I always tell them yeah, but if you don't straighten up i know where you'll be going...there they will love you to sag..hahaha

And the comment about AI, yeah thats who i want my kid to be like, someone who thinks he doen't have to work hard, show up to practice, and think that he brings nothing upon himself. High school kids need to realize that there are smaller kids in the stands, and they do look up to them. So have some pride about what you do, play the sport for what it is.....if you want to be thuggish then quit high school, and join streetball, then you could be a... could a, would a, should a..