Region 2 Tournament AAA

DCCATVOICE

I really hope you are right about it being and orange and black championship. I really want this for the Powell team just for coach O. he has had teams good enough to make it this far they just didnt have the heart. he likes this team alot and it has always been the girls who have got all of the pub, its time for the guys to get some if they can pull it off tonight. If they win this one the next one is big but i wouldnt really be too upset if they lost. i want them to just make it to sub-state and they have a good chance of winning that game from what i have heard from the officials from that area. But a win would just put icing on the cake in the region championship, that is if they win tonight.

here are the predictions:

Clinton/Maryville............ Clinton wins this one by 10.

Powell/OR........... Powell by 2.

Good luck to everyone.

I appreciate on whomever told me about #3 for OR. He should dominate bby his Junior year. the kid is a frosh and already puttin up good numbers and manhandling folk out there.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more great games tonight, Clinton-Maryville- Clinton just looked like they wanted it more and got up early by 17 on the Rebels and even though they came back Clinton just knew they couldnt give up and loose that game. I dont know statistics but i dont recall them missing a freethrow in the 4th quarter. So the dragons came up clutch and beat the Rebels by 7.

Oak Ridge- Powell - didnt get to stay and watch the game but heard Oak Ridge won by 3 and Ben Wards last second 3 to tie it rolled around the rim for about 5 sec. So an Anderson County battle in the region finals is #5 of the year for the 2 teams. Clinton won the 1st game by a point. OR won the second by double digits. Clinton won the 3rd by about 8. And Oak Ridge won the consolation game in the district by around 7 or 8. Anything can happen in the Dragon Den tomorrow night. Good luck to both teams but more to the Dragons.

Oak Ridge - Powell game. The difference was in the depth. OR played an 8 man rotation and Powell pretty much of a 6 man rotation. Big guy Lee Smith got tired at the end and fouled out in a silly manner. I could see it coming in the middle of the last period with the score tied. Powell acted tired and nervous, OK seemed composed. OR coach Norris made good subs between offense and defense at the end to match up well.

Clinton OR game pits Clintons guards against OR post players. Should be fun!