Why is any private in DI?

Huh?

Well after listening to everyone's opiniion, I seem to not know very much about the subject. So, I guess disregard all the statements I have ever made. So I will add my last two cents worth. He!! put all the public and private schools together. Let privates recruit if they so which, whatever! It just makes beating those private schools that much sweeter!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ILUVHSFOOTBALL,

You now seem to understand!!!! Let's put everyone back together in one division with 4 classes for football:

A- Small rual schools and the very small private schools

AA- This would be a very good brand of football with a mix of rual schools and some of the private schools like Nashville Christian & Davidson Academy

AAA- Private Schools like Knoxville Webb, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, Lipscomb and the smaller county public schools

AAAA This division is for the true studs. The large county schools and the D2 Super 7 schools.

Allow schools to play up a division for football and stay down for their other sports.

ILUVHSFOOTBALL,

You now seem to understand!!!!  Let's put everyone back together in one division with 4 classes for football:

A-  Small rual schools and the very small private schools

AA-  This would be a very good brand of football with a mix of rual schools and some of the private schools like Nashville Christian & Davidson Academy

AAA-  Private Schools like Knoxville Webb, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, Lipscomb and the smaller county public schools

AAAA This division is for the true studs.  The large county schools and the D2 Super 7 schools.

Allow schools to play up a division for football and stay down for their other sports.

825628014[/snapback]

Makes too much sense. It'll never happen!

signed,

A cynical observer

Makes too much sense.  It'll never happen!

signed,

A cynical observer

825628052[/snapback]

Agreed....maybe if you could mysteriously B) get someone, that knows someone, :D that knows someone, ;) that is an official with TSSAA to propose such a good idea, then they might go for it. Make it seem like it was their idea to begin with. B) Oh, wait a minute, we already blew it by suggesting it on CoachT, darn, guess we are stuck with that old 1.9 multiplier a little while longer. :(

Hey.......it happens all over the state in public schools. Public schools recruit. Period! Nothing wrong with that IMO. Personally I don`t care. I like the idea of people wanting public schools to be better. Just don`t act like it doesn`t happen. The TSSAA has no way to monitor and police all the illegal action that occurs based upon their own rules. They should abandon most of their rules and just leave it to each individual school district to determine who is eligible to attend any particular school.

And yes public schools can and do advertise. so don`t go using that as a lame excuse for moving private schools.

825627438[/snapback]

Who advertises? Where do they advertise? Internet? Paper? Billboards? I haven't seen any.

Who advertises?  Where do they advertise?  Internet?  Paper?  Billboards? I haven't seen any.

825628130[/snapback]

Have you ever been to South Pittsburg or virtually any other town or city in the state that boasts a state championship team in any sport? In most every case, there is a sign that says something like, "South Pittsburg -- Home of the Pirates, State Football Champions 1969, 1999, etc."

Is that not advertising?

BTW, who pays for those signs? Is it tax-payer produced?

Have you ever been to South Pittsburg or virtually any other town or city in the state that boasts a state championship team in any sport?  In most every case, there is a sign that says something like, "South Pittsburg -- Home of the Pirates, State Football Champions 1969, 1999, etc." 

Is that not advertising?

BTW, who pays for those signs?  Is it tax-payer produced?

825629019[/snapback]

True, but don't you have to move to South Pittsburg to play there.

True, but don't you have to move to South Pittsburg to play there.

825629035[/snapback]

Actually no, and I think we all know it. Marion County is open...you probably have some kids zoned for you guys who play for Vic...maybe vice-versa. Even if that isn't that case now it certainly has been in the past...

Have you ever been to South Pittsburg or virtually any other town or city in the state that boasts a state championship team in any sport?  In most every case, there is a sign that says something like, "South Pittsburg -- Home of the Pirates, State Football Champions 1969, 1999, etc." 

Is that not advertising?

BTW, who pays for those signs?  Is it tax-payer produced?

825629019[/snapback]

That's really a stretch. :ph34r: