Why is any private in DI?

Huh?

Yes, I realize that since that time, that they made a seperate division for private schools whom want to offer scholarships, correct?  So, let me ask you.  Since Goodpasture and David Lipscomb, along with many other private schools who is now playing DI, have no feeder programs.  Where do they get their students from?  I am not real sure, doesn't Goodpasture have a junior high or something.  I think I seen them playing at the James C. Haile state tournament in Murfreesboro.  But not all private schools are like that are they?  Their students have to come from somewhere.  And even though, and I am asking, they are not allowed to give scholarships, are they able to  still talk with kids from other schools?  Might not be relevant to this thread if you answer a certain way.  Then I will say, OK, I have not point.

825621909[/snapback]

I am continually surprised by your lack of knowledge...I don't understand the 'lack of feeder schools' idea?

All of the small private schools that I know of are unit schools...they go from prek to 12th grade...I guess you would say they are their own feeder schools...but I don't understand the relevance?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, let's make everything as fair as possible because that's how the real world is. Right? I don't have a solution to this problem either and it seems no one ever will. But we can try to understand each other's views better. Here is mine. What does the mulitplier do? It only appeases the people who were complaining about D1 private schools in the first place, calling for them to be moved to districts and regions for larger schools. What happens next? Private schools continue to do well or they do worse. First case, private schools continue to be multiplied until they are multiplied out of D1. Second case, private schools can't compete with public schools and eventually drop out of TSSAA to form their own athletic association. I see a trend in both: privates end up playing themselves in the TPSSAA (p for private). I don't think this is the best solution for either side for a couple reasons. The first is that the competition level for both associations would be lower. The second reason is that our country keeps trying to segregate the general and the private/religious, making the latter smaller until it eventually goes away. Take a good look at history and tell me if that is a good idea. I don't agree with the multiplier. I don't agree with much of what the TSSAA does. However, I think there can be a grassroots effort by fans everywhere in the state of TN to try and understand this debate at a deeper level- the level of the student athlete- so we as players, parents, and coaches can make more informed and wise decisions about this situation. That is how this debate should be continued.

Well, your from West Tennessee.  Who knows what you all do over there?  I think you all have your own set of rules.

825620776[/snapback]

Hey.......it happens all over the state in public schools. Public schools recruit. Period! Nothing wrong with that IMO. Personally I don`t care. I like the idea of people wanting public schools to be better. Just don`t act like it doesn`t happen. The TSSAA has no way to monitor and police all the illegal action that occurs based upon their own rules. They should abandon most of their rules and just leave it to each individual school district to determine who is eligible to attend any particular school.

And yes public schools can and do advertise. so don`t go using that as a lame excuse for moving private schools.

Please, let's make everything as fair as possible because that's how the real world is. Right? I don't have a solution to this problem either and it seems no one ever will. But we can try to understand each other's views better. Here is mine. What does the mulitplier do? It only appeases the people who were complaining about D1 private schools in the first place, calling for them to be moved to districts and regions for larger schools. What happens next? Private schools continue to do well or they do worse. First case, private schools continue to be multiplied until they are multiplied out of D1. Second case, private schools can't compete with public schools and eventually drop out of TSSAA to form their own athletic association. I see a trend in both: privates end up playing themselves in the TPSSAA (p for private). I don't think this is the best solution for either side for a couple reasons. The first is that the competition level for both associations would be lower. The second reason is that our country keeps trying to segregate the general and the private/religious, making the latter smaller until it eventually goes away. Take a good look at history and tell me if that is a good idea. I don't agree with the multiplier. I don't agree with much of what the TSSAA does. However, I think there can be a grassroots effort by fans everywhere in the state of TN to try and understand this debate at a deeper level- the level of the student athlete- so we as players, parents, and coaches can make more informed and wise decisions about this situation. That is how this debate should be continued.

825625440[/snapback]

Not to mention the loss of gate revenue to public schools when privates no longer schedule them. Privates almost always bring big gates.