Why is any private in DI?

Huh?

Huh??

Am I groggy from lack of sleep or did that rambling rant make no sense?

From the little I was able to understand I think your idea of how this all happened is messed up.  ALL the schools happily played together in one big TSSAA until some of the privates got good.  THEN the TSSAA council (which is exclusively made up of Public ADs) formed DII for the Finanacial Aid giving privates and forced them to move.  THEN some of the non-aid privates got good too, so the TSSAA put a 1.8 multiplier on them.  THe privates have done nothing except try to do well in Football.  So your original question is really misleading.  It isn't that the privates are moving into D1...they have always been there with everyone else...it is that people Are trying to force them OUT when they have done nothing more than strive to become good.  No evidence of any recruiting or cheating has ever been offered.  So how fair is that for them?  Perhaps you need to inform yourself a bit more before entering the debate...

825618741[/snapback]

HOW IS THIS FOR YOU BALD COACH??? PUBLIC DI, PRIVATE DII. EVERYBODY PLAYS THEIR KIND

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW IS THIS FOR YOU BALD COACH???  PUBLIC DI, PRIVATE DII.  EVERYBODY PLAYS THEIR KIND

825618827[/snapback]

THeir kind? The kids in small private schools are a differnt what...species...than the kids in public schools?

I've heard this language before...it is the language of prejudice. You are prejudiced against private school athletics for no reason you can state...just because the "aren't the same" or " they aren't like us". I don't believe in "kind". Neither did any public school people while they were destroying the small privates. Suddenly there is a problem...why?

THeir kind?  The kids in small private schools are a differnt what...species...than the kids in public schools?

I've heard this language before...it is the language of prejudice.  You are prejudiced against private school athletics for no reason you can state...just because the "aren't the same" or " they aren't like us".  I don't believe in "kind".  Neither did any public school people while they were destroying the small privates.  Suddenly there is a problem...why?

825618840[/snapback]

I don't care what you say. Private schools should be able to recruit because they have no feeder programs. Besides that, I am glad and hope they all do, because public schools have taken God out, therefore atleast the private schools can still teach what is most important. But, they should play each other in sports. Let the public schools play each other because they all have feeder programs. Let the private schools play each other so they can recruit who they want. Therefore, their are different "kinds" of schools, no prejudice.

My last point and if I don't make any sense here, I conceed. In the year 1996-1997 (my senior year) here is the following championships:

Baseball

AAA-Christian Bros

AA-Brentwood Academy

A-Goodpasture

Softball

AAA-Beech

AA-David Lipscomb

A-Ezell Harding

Football

AAAAA-Brentwood Academy

AAAA-Pearl Cohn

AAA-Melrose

AA-Knoxville Webb

A-Donaldson Christian Academy

Girls Golf

AAA-Baylor

A-AA-Davidson Academy

Boys Golf

AAA-Baylor

A-AA-Memphis University School

Boys Basketball

AAA-Cleveland

AA-Union City

A-Perry County

Girls Basketball

AAA-Oak Ridge

AA-Hickman County

A-Bradford

Boys Cross Country

AAA-Dobynns Bennett

A-AA-Chattanooga Christian

Girls Cross Country

AAA-Oak Ridge

A-AA-Girls Prepartory School

The numbers speak for themselves in MY opinion, but I am honestly open to hear how you can explain to me how private schools does not have an advantage when it comes to sports when 14 private schools won championships and 11 public schools won championships. Huh? That is just three championships in favor of private schools! Correct, but the information I received off of TSSAA website is a count of 291 public schools and 62 private schools in which participate in sports. The ratio is a landslide. Seriously, how do you explain. Are the coaches that much better? Do the majority of the better atheletes have a certain religious faith? Or is the tradition at private schools that much better than tradition at public schools? Honestly, I am interested in this debate. Talk to me baldy or anyone else.

I don't care what you say.  Private schools should be able to recruit because they have no feeder programs.  Besides that, I am glad and hope they all do, because public schools have taken God out, therefore atleast the private schools can still teach what is most important.  But, they should play each other in sports.  Let the public schools play each other because they all have feeder programs.  Let the private schools play each other so they can recruit who they want.  Therefore, their are different "kinds" of schools, no prejudice.

825618860[/snapback]

Do you realize that public schools recruit too? Your posts are not making sense to me. Sorry, but I just don`t see your point.

You do realize that many of the schools listed went DII, right?  How, then, is that list pertinent to this particular thread?

825621299[/snapback]

Yes, I realize that since that time, that they made a seperate division for private schools whom want to offer scholarships, correct? So, let me ask you. Since Goodpasture and David Lipscomb, along with many other private schools who is now playing DI, have no feeder programs. Where do they get their students from? I am not real sure, doesn't Goodpasture have a junior high or something. I think I seen them playing at the James C. Haile state tournament in Murfreesboro. But not all private schools are like that are they? Their students have to come from somewhere. And even though, and I am asking, they are not allowed to give scholarships, are they able to still talk with kids from other schools? Might not be relevant to this thread if you answer a certain way. Then I will say, OK, I have not point.

Yo, I am not looking for a justification of why you are in DI--heard all that.

This is the issue:

It seems to me totally inconsistent for a school, like yours, to offer financial aid to all students without regard to creed or color, except to athletes.  When a school takes that position I call that a lack of integrity. 

Explain, not from an athletic standpoint why privates choose DI, but explain how a school justifies discrimination against a class of students (athletes).

825590550[/snapback]

Is it our lack of integrity or TSSAA's?

How about magnent schools that ease entrances for good athletes?