Why is any private in DI?

Huh?

About 5 years ago Sequatchie played at Goodpasture in football in the first round, a 2+ hour drive counting traffic, a #4, 6-4 team vs a #1 and a state title type team, and Seq had as many or more there than Goodpasture. We wondered how many GP would have brought had the game been on the road.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian this is about the 15th time you have made this same post concerning the poor attendance at the Sequatchie/Goodpasture playoff game. Truth of the matter I think we have fairly intellegent fans who realized it would not be a very entertaining game. Come to a Lipscomb, Ezell, or CPA vs. Goodpasture game standing room only. Antwan as for Smith County we are afraid Al Gore might tax us to death at the county line, lol.

Indian this is about the 15th time you have made this same post concerning the poor attendance at the Sequatchie/Goodpasture playoff game.  Truth of the matter I think we have fairly intellegent fans who realized it would not be a very entertaining game.  Come to a Lipscomb, Ezell, or CPA vs. Goodpasture game standing room only.  Antwan as for Smith County we are afraid Al Gore might tax us to death at the county line,  lol.

825631433[/snapback]

It was relevant to the topic. I think it's twice I've said anything about it so some may not have seen it. Yes, I agree when you have a private/private game the crowd will be better, wonder why that is?

Edited by Indian

Dude not all private schools travel crappy. I remember last year's Grace basketball team went to Nashville Christian and Davidson Academy to open up the season. We brought bigger crowds for both games.

And look @ State Tournament for basketball. Besides Temple and Bolivar, private schools usually bring the biggest crowds.

I'll give you that.  I'm not a Tennessee native so yall be patient - is Perry County in West Tennessee or Middle Tennessee? 

I also specified district games.  Is Perry County in that district?

825631168[/snapback]

We are in Middle TN, (just barely, I'll grant lol), but we were in a region with USJ, JCS, and TCA for six years, and Fayette Acad. for the last four of those as well. We will not be over there this time, however. I can understand Fayette not traveling to us very well, seeing as they are fairly close to Memphis and we are on the other side of the TN River. But I know that our crowds at the Jackson privates were much bigger when we traveled than when they had to.

But I know that our crowds at the Jackson privates were much bigger when we traveled than when they had to.

825631743[/snapback]

Yeah, I observed the same thing. Hats off to the Perry Co folks for being willing to travel. My suspicion is that Jackson folk view anything across the river as too far to make the round trip in one day :unsure:

That was especially true when JCS and Perry Co played a couple of Thursday night games.