Harpeth 55, Cheatham Co. 45

PageMan

Harpeth..............10..18.....8...19.....55

Cheatham Co......13..10....12..10.....45

Harpeth 55 - Nikki Ellis 15, Kristi Ensminger 12, Holly Finch 12, Mandy Mendenhall 11, Salem Richardson 3, Lindsey Reynolds 2

Cheatham Co. 45 - Casey Attebery 22, Kristen Banes 9, Megan Hunter 6, Katie Batts 6, Samantha Koelman 2

Three Point Goals:

Harpeth 4 - Ellis 2, Ensminger 2

Cheatham Co. 5 - Attebery 2, Batts 2, Hunter

Team Free Throws: Harpeth 11 of 16 (68.8%), Cheatham Co. 10 of 13 (76.9%)

Team Fouls: Harpeth 13, Cheatham Co. 16

Team Turnovers: Harpeth 12, Cheatham Co. 9

Rebounds:

Harpeth 26 - Ensminger 8, Finch 4, Mendenhall 4, Richardson 4, Ellis 2, Reynolds 2, Kara Baker 2

Cheatham Co. 26 - Attebery 8, Banes 8, Batts 7, Koelman 3

Assists:

Harpeth 16 - Ellis 7, Ensminger 5, Mendenhall 3, Richardson 1

Cheatham Co. 6 - Hunter 2, Attebery 1, Banes 1, Batts 1, Koelman 1

Cheatham Co. led after the 1st qtr., 13-10, as Attebery had 9 with a three and 2 of 3 FT's and Banes had 4 while Harpeth's Mendenhall had 4, Ensminger hit a three, Finch had 2, and Richardson hit 1 of 2 FT's. In the 2nd qtr., Harpeth outscored CC, 18-10, as Ellis had 5 with a three, Mendenhall had 5 with 1 of 1 FT's, Finch had 4, Ensminger had 2, and Reynolds had 2 with 0 of 2 FT's while CC's Batts hit a three, Hunter had 3 with 1 of 2 FT's, Banes had 2, and Attebery hit 2 of 2 FT's as Harpeth led at the half, 38-23. In the 3rd qtr., CC outscored Harpeth, 12-8, as Attebery had 9 with a three and 2 of 2 FT's and Banes had 3 with 1 of 2 FT's while Harpeth's Finch had 4 and both Ellis and Richardson had 2 as Harpeth led after 3 qtrs., 36-35. In the 4th qtr., Harpeth outscored CC, 19-10, as Ellis had 8 with a three and 3 of 4 FT's, Ensminger had 7 with a three and 4 of 5 FT's, Finch had 2, and Mendenhall hit 2 of 2 FT's while CC's Hunter and Batts each hit a three, Attebery had 2 and Koelman hit 2 of 2 FT's as Harpeth won 55-45.

The balanced attack of Harpeth with 4 players in double figures won out over the 1-2 punch of Cheatham Co. The game was decided in the 4th qtr. as both Nikki Ellis and Kristi Mendenhall stepped up and delivered. Down the stretch as Cheatham Co was forced to foul, Harpeth hit 9 of 11 FT's to ice the win. Cheatham Co.'s Casey Attebery led all scorers with 22 pts. and gave it her all and Banes had 9 pts. and 8 rebs.

I believe Harpeth will play Boliver in the sectional at a site yet to be determined while Cheatham Co. will travel to Chester Co., I believe, with both games on Saturday at 7:00.

All Region Tournament Team:

Giles Co. - Alex Coleman and Nikki Lewellyn

Loretto - Jana Cross and Leah Stone

Cheatham Co. - Casey Attebery and Kristen Banes

Harpeth - Megan Hunter, Holly Fisher, Mandy Mendenhall, and MVP Nikki Ellis

Congratulations to Harpeth and all the players who made All-Region.

I'll be at the sectional game on Saturday that Harpeth plays in - wherever that might be.

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game to watch as a fan as both teams played hard. Just when you try to find something good about Cheatham County though they do something classless. I think everyone in the gym thought it was pathetic of them to get their 2nd place plaque and walk straight to the locker room instead of waiting for Harpeth to receive theirs. The exception was Lawson who stopped and clapped for Harpeth. Lawson is class all the way. I think even the Cheatham coaches were shocked by the show of poor sportsmanship. Where will Harpeth be playing their game Saturday?

Good game to watch as a fan as both teams played hard. Just when you try to find something good about Cheatham County though they do something classless. I think everyone in the gym thought it was pathetic of them to get their 2nd place plaque and walk straight to the locker room instead of waiting for Harpeth to receive theirs. The exception was Lawson who stopped and clapped for Harpeth. Lawson is class all the way. I think even the Cheatham coaches were shocked by the show of poor sportsmanship. Where will Harpeth be playing their game Saturday?

825600841[/snapback]

At Harpeth duh they won they get to host a sub-stat game. Nikki Ellis played a good game.It was a good game all around. Casey really stepped it up for the cubs as did all the seniors and even the Megan. But I think Harpeth and Cheatham will end up playing again. Be ready for it.

Good Luck Cheatham

Razors Edge - you're a little dull on this one - Harpeth can not host the sectional at Harpeth because their gym is not big enough. There was talk of having it at Creek Wood, but they are having some sort of band thing there. The decision on the site must be made by 12:00 noon tomorrow or Harpeth will be forced to travel to Bolivar. I'm all for having it at Page since Harpeth plays so well there and they have established a routine in travelling here and winning. I don't know if that can be done however as it may have to be at a District 10-AA school. We'll have to see what develops.

MONTGOMERY CENTRAL , FAIRVIEW AND BELLVUE MIDDLE WERE THE OPTIONS BEING LOOKED AT LAST NIGHT. I THINK NOT LETTING HARPETH OR ANY OTHER TEAM WHO HAS WON THE RIGHT TO HOST IS RIDICULOUS. AS FOR CHEATHAM'S EXIT FROM THE GYM, DID YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT THEM TO SHOW ANY CLASS. THEY COULD ALL LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM TEAM MEMBER ABBY LAWSON.

I agree Swamptiger....but was not surprised - I was sitting on the side where I could see Atteberry and Banes when they got their All Tournament...the atttitude was showed on their faces at that time. What goes around comes around - But nothing surprises me from CHEATham County - wait....when the ineligible player was voted Honorable Mention All District and the fans applauded like she was some kind of hero...that surprised me!

I agree Swamptiger....but was not surprised - I was sitting on the side where I could see Atteberry and Banes when they got their All Tournament...the atttitude was showed on their faces at that time.  What goes around comes around - But nothing surprises me from CHEATham County - wait....when the ineligible player was voted Honorable Mention All District and the fans applauded like she was some kind of hero...that surprised me!

825601196[/snapback]

They still think they were mistreated by the TSSAA. Maybe they should read the article in the Tennesseean today about what "change of residence" actually means. Lawson was the only one who showed class. She is friends with Enminger of Harpeth and a couple of others. I am so proud of our girls. Nikki payed great down the stretch and Holly could have any should have shared the MVP with Nikki. She and Ensminger held Banes to 9 pts which was big in this game. It was a team effort with four players in double figures. Atterby played great for Cheatham but didn't have enough in the final quarter.

Nice job Harpeth!! Good luck on playing your substate game on your home floor. I talked with a Harpeth faculty member last night who expressed some hope that might happen. Supposedly Giles County's gym is not large enough but they have held sub-state games there in the past. Not sure of that though because Giles has all those seats on the end the gym. Anyway, good luck wherever you play.

Agree with the comments about Cheatham's lack of class when walking off the floor. Was disgusting. How 'bout that across body block a diving Attaberry gave Carr knocking him into his seat in the closing minute of the game?? Was priceless to see.

Edited by mkhhawk

Why not try to get the game at Austin Peay where its centrally located and neutral to both teams with a good tournament atomosphere....The APSU guys are in Nashville this weekend for OVC and of course the girls didnt qualify..Maybe someone from Harpeth should give Dave Loos and Andy Blackston a call...That would be good for the City of Clarksville since all of thier teams were bounced either in the first or second round of region.

Why not try to get the game at Austin Peay where its centrally located and neutral to both teams with a good tournament atomosphere....The APSU guys are in Nashville this weekend for OVC and of course the girls didnt qualify..Maybe someone from Harpeth should give Dave Loos and Andy Blackston a call...That would be good for the City of Clarksville since all of thier teams were bounced either in the first or second round of region.

825601528[/snapback]

Sub-state games are supposed to be a home game to the region winners as a reward for winning the region. We don't have any interest in making it easier on anyone but us. I know how that sounds, but its true at every region winners school.