Will Tyler Smith go to UT now?

Gerry Bertier

Two things:

As long as Tyler Simth didn't want to go to another SEC school I don't think there will be any major problems of him being released.

I love Bobby Knight, but he is a short term fix. Age mandates he wouldn't be there more than 5 years. Seven years max. But he would take care of the struggling ticket sales problem. :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Knight would go back to Indiana before he ever comes to Tennessee.  WHY???  In this state, football reigns supreme.  THAT IS ESPECIALLY TRUE ON ROCKY TOP!!!  Where Bobby Knight coaches, he wants (I mean demands) to be #1. 

825619780[/snapback]

And exactly what is Texas? A FOOTBALL country!!!! And your point was?

If Tennessee will fork out the money, he will come, provided he has uncompromised power in men's basketball program, and not have to answer to anyone.

Edited by ZikLag

Guest catfish-hunter
And exactly what is Texas? A FOOTBALL country!!!! And your point was?

If Tennessee will fork out the money, he will come, provided he has uncompromised power in men's basketball program, and not have to answer to anyone.

825619985[/snapback]

You are the genius I was referring to in my post buddy. It is obvious that you did not read the entire post because had you done that, then this never would have been posted. Texas is a football state yes, but people down there cheer for the Aggies and the Longhorns. Texas Tech Red Raiders football is about like MTSU football is in Tennessee. That means that it is there and yes the crowds are good, but still nobody really cares about it. Tech beat #4 ranked California last year in the Holiday Bowl, yet all the talk was about Texas winning the Rose Bowl over Michigan & Texas A&M laying an egg in the Cotton Bowl against who??? TENNESSEE thumb Knight ain't coming to Tennessee folks, so find another guy to spread rumors about.

You are the genius I was referring to in my post buddy.  It is obvious that you did not read the entire post because had you done that, then this never would have been posted.  Texas is a football state yes, but people down there cheer for the Aggies and the Longhorns.  Texas Tech Red Raiders football is about like MTSU football is in Tennessee.  That means that it is there and yes the crowds are good, but still nobody really cares about it.  Tech beat #4 ranked California last year in the Holiday Bowl, yet all the talk was about Texas winning the Rose Bowl over Michigan & Texas A&M laying an egg in the Cotton Bowl against who???  TENNESSEE thumb  Knight ain't coming to Tennessee folks, so find another guy to spread rumors about.

825620056[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment of genius. I've been told that before, but I'm just now beginning to believe it since you said it. If UT will fork out the money, he will come. The problem is they don't want to pay for a Knight-like coach of that caliber. Remember, Texas Tech was a FAR step from Indiana and most said he would not go there. So expect the unexpected from Knight. Shake your crystal ball and it might tell you something different in about a month. I live in Knoxville and really don't think Knight will come, but not for the reason you said. It will come down to money. How much will they offer? Not because of your belief.

Edited by ZikLag

I have heard that North Carolina is in the picture for Tyler, but I also heard that he wants to see who the head coach is going to be for the Vols next season.

Too bad Buzz got fired though, I was really enjoying all these years of futility coming out of Knoxville!

IMO, knight will not consdier coming to ut that much. There is no discipline on that team and they are in the cellar. However at TTU, knight is just settling in. Hes getting the majority of the recruits he wants and his team is playing great. They just barely lost in the big 12 championship to an excellent OK state team. ONce TTU makes that big run in the tourney he wont be thinking about leaving at all. Its taken 3 or 4 years for knight to finally have consistent success in the big 12 and as much as he hates losing, i dont think hes willing to spend another 3-5 yrs rebuilding a program.

Word is bobby knight dont like his situation down at tech b/c the fans dont show up and support his team. He likes the gym to be filled like it was in his Indiana days. So bobby if u are on coacht i will be in the stands every single home game at UT if u decide to head to rocky top! I live up in the ville and haven't heard the news on Bobby Knight if this happened it would definitely shape up the program and head it in the right direction. Knight is one HECK of a coach!

I don't know if Knight will come here or not, but I definitely think he will consider it. I don't think money will be all that big of an issue (Knight gave back his salary at TTU a couple of years ago because he didn't think he did a good enough job, he's not all about the money) Well before this I've heard rumors that Knight might retire or leave soon because he doesn't like the lack of support from the community and the fact that it's near impossible to get blue chippers to come to Lubbock, Texas. I think he's ready for a change of scenery, so maybe Knoxville is the place, the big thing is that he'll want to control all aspects of the basketball program, which is more likely to be objected to by Pat Summit than Phillip Fulmer. And catfish, if you think that there is any place in Texas where football isn't always, always, always more important than basketball, you're either misinformed or kidding yourself.

If Lofton leaves, I'll bet money that he winds up at Louisville.  Pittino let that kid get away once, but seriously it ain't gonna happen again. 

Hey Opperman, my point was that you can not transfer for D-1 school to D-1 school.  1A & 1AA in college football are both on a D-1 level, but it is still considered dropping a playing level in the eyes of the NCAA.  In basketball you can't do it period though.  For example, if Tyler chose to transfer from Tennessee to Austin Peay then he would have to sit out a year.  WHY???  Unlike in football, Austin Peay is considered to be on the same level as UT on the hardwood.  Yes it is funny, but it is also true thumb

825619738[/snapback]

I've worked in college sports for several years, c-h. You don't need to explain anything to me.

You are the genius I was referring to in my post buddy.  It is obvious that you did not read the entire post because had you done that, then this never would have been posted.  Texas is a football state yes, but people down there cheer for the Aggies and the Longhorns.  Texas Tech Red Raiders football is about like MTSU football is in Tennessee.  That means that it is there and yes the crowds are good, but still nobody really cares about it.  Tech beat #4 ranked California last year in the Holiday Bowl, yet all the talk was about Texas winning the Rose Bowl over Michigan & Texas A&M laying an egg in the Cotton Bowl against who???  TENNESSEE thumb  Knight ain't coming to Tennessee folks, so find another guy to spread rumors about.

825620056[/snapback]

It depends where you go in Texas...and Tech has a lot more support than MTSU, if nothing else because of the Mike Leach system.