Bye, Bye Temple!

bigbobcat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Temple fans and even Coach Wadley knew this would be a close game. Temple and Middleton's coach were quoted in the paper as saying that this might be the best game in the State tournament and probably the championship game if the brackets were different. Congrats Middleton. Congrats on a great season Temple, too bad you couldn't pull this one out.

I guess you Pickett fans are loving it that we're not moving on(since Temple beat you earlier in the year). I was hoping we would see a Temple/Pickett rematch in the final game. Maybe Pickett will get to meet Middleton in the final, that would be a good game.

Edited by WishIWasABaller

Most Temple fans and even Coach Wadley knew this would be a close game. Temple and Middleton's coach were quoted in the paper as saying that this might be the best game in the State tournament and probably the championship game if the brackets were different. Congrats Middleton. Congrats on a great season Temple, too bad you couldn't pull this one out.

I guess you Pickett fans are loving it that we're not moving on(since Temple beat you earlier in the year). I was hoping we would see a Temple/Pickett rematch in the final game. Maybe Pickett will get to meet Middleton in the final, that would be a good game.

825620490[/snapback]

The one thing i have noticed is that yes Temple beat Pickett Co. and yes they beat Celina but both games were played AT Temple. If Temple would ever travel outside of Chattanooga and come up here they would have lost both games, but thats not the way it went. Oh well it was still a good year for them, congrats to the team on a great year and hopefully we'll see you next year! thumb

The one thing i have noticed is that yes Temple beat Pickett Co. and yes they beat Celina but both games were played AT Temple.  If Temple would ever travel outside of Chattanooga and come up here they would have lost both games, but thats not the way it went.  Oh well it was still a good year for them, congrats to the team on a great year and hopefully we'll see you next year!  thumb

825620493[/snapback]

eh...I don't know about that, but I was looking forward to a Temple- Pickett rematch. oh well, hopefully you guys will get in the championship game.

Temple messed up bad with 16 turnovers.

825620507[/snapback]

Yeah tell me about it, and they still kept the game within 2 back and forth the whole game until the end when they had to foul. Those 3 steals right in a row for layups early in the game were the killer. Temple had to fight back to get the score close by halftime. You can't have that many turnovers and expect to win.

825620490[/snapback]

Well..maybe it could have been....But if Lake Co would have beaten Trenton in the region championship after beating them 3 times..they wouldn't have had to played Middleton and may have made it to the championship..And even then..Lake Co had to play Middleton at Middleton and lost in overtime ..Lake Co would have have won had they hit 2 free throws with 20 seconds left..Then there would have been no overtime...At least Temple had them on a neutral court...Lake Co had already beaten Middleton on a neutral court....So that quote from the Middleton coach could have just as easily read that Lake Co and Middleton probably would have played for the state championship had they not had to play each other in the sub-state..But ..congrats to Temple ...it seems as if we both may have lost to the State champions..