Trinity Christian Academy 2014

Intense

rumor has it that a new michie red bird is spreading his wings and to quote one insider "can be better than neary"......uh oh! watch out lion queens! another runner you cant tackle. offense is nice but defense pays the bills, can tca tackle this year is the question!!

Where did you recruit him from?? Hoover High? Lol Or is it the Nixon kid? Yes, he certainly could be a stud in the future. Yes, we will be able to tackle this year. We are bigger, stronger and more experienced and more confident. We tackled well enough to split with you boys last year so be careful. If we tackle better this year then look out. Lion Queens? Think about that comment when 207 pound RB Goldsmith pounds the rock on you again this year!! You guys talk about us not tackling but forget the poor defense you played against our passing attack. Neary had 375 in playoffs against our defense which was very, very poor on our part but Akin had 425 yards against your defense which was poor as well. With the offensive firepower we have you don't have to have a superb defense, you just have to have a solid defense. I'm confident we will have one this year. Also, don't forget that "horrible" defense was 11-2 last year and just a couple of plays away from being in Cookeville.

Edited by TCAIntense

I said michie not ramer. Not Nixon, yet another weapon. Winning does all the recruiting Aville needs. If y'all could spend more time on the practice field and less on the recruiting trail you could learn run defense. I agree Aville pass defense was lacking. I also point out that tca offensive plan a little too pass happy, needs more balance. Bring on the 207 lb. back. He's as weak as anyone from the knees down, which is how we tackle.

I said michie not ramer. Not Nixon, yet another weapon. Winning does all the recruiting Aville needs. If y'all could spend more time on the practice field and less on the recruiting trail you could learn run defense. I agree Aville pass defense was lacking. I also point out that tca offensive plan a little too pass happy, needs more balance. Bring on the 207 lb. back. He's as weak as anyone from the knees down, which is how we tackle.

Buddy, you are the pot calling the kettle black! I know what goes on down there. I have family at Aville and I don't think you even need to accuse us of recruiting! And by the way, Nixon is a Michie by product! His dad and I grew up together. I have forgotten more about McNairy County than you will ever know. You need to get your facts straight as well. TCA had 3000 yards passing and 2000 yards rushing last year. Pretty darned balanced. First game against Aville we were very balanced... About 200 yards passing and 175 rushing. Second game we got behind in 3rd Q and had to pass to catch up. I guess 375 yards rushing by Neary would be considered "run" happy, huh? I don't think anybody from Aville complained about that! We're not complaining about 425 in passing. Whatever it takes to win , pass or run, doesn't really matter. Hey, I hope your next stud is from Michie! That would make us folks that still love Michie very proud! I love it when I see all the Michie products on the field. Look at AHS basketball team...3 starters from Michie and one was easily the best player in the district! Keep on talking about our defense. We will see in early September!!!

Dresden and TCA will be having a spring scrimmage Thur. May 20 in Jackson around 5pm. Bet the Lions win! :)

Hey Hevy, will you be there? I'm out of town but am trying to work it out to get back to see at least half of scrimmage? Go LIONS!! I was hoping to get to see your star QB but understand he is leaving.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yes I gonna try and get off work early to be there at 5, it starts at 5.15 I think. The QB we had has moved to memphis, will be at Briarcrest I heard. We have some worthy QB's to replace though, with an incoming freshman, believe it or not, even bigger and better than last years freshman phenom. But he prob wont start as we have two experienced upperclass QB's ahead of him ready to go. They both look good in practice too. So in all we'll have 3 QB's, and looks like our team will have between 55-60 on it, ha, perhaps our coaches can find a few players in that bunch. For sure TCA will give us an early indication of where we stand and areas we need to work on. I Just hope, as always, both sides stay injury free.

Guest hevyrevy1611

At this year's end it will be time for everyone to redo schedules. I would LUV to have TCA be on Dresden's schedule. Class, competitive, talented, upbeat.. yeah, this would be a waaay better game than two non-district teams we have now. Also on that list to replace these two is perhaps Milan, Lake County, Halls, Adamsville, or other top 2A or 3A teams, heck, even 4A or up if they'd play us. We suit up around 60 players, as big as higher classification schools, but it would be "embarrassing" for "big" schools to lose to our lowly 1A Lions (ha! No kidding, I think we can compete with anyone, anywhere! BRING IT!), so we probably will never play the biggest schools in regular season. It better imo to play tough, hard-to-beat, top teams for non-district games. This better prepares a team for their district and playoff games (if make it). Well, enough of that. Looking forward to TCA.. wish it was a regular game every year.

At this year's end it will be time for everyone to redo schedules. I would LUV to have TCA be on Dresden's schedule. Class, competitive, talented, upbeat.. yeah, this would be a waaay better game than two non-district teams we have now. Also on that list to replace these two is perhaps Milan, Lake County, Halls, Adamsville, or other top 2A or 3A teams, heck, even 4A or up if they'd play us. We suit up around 60 players, as big as higher classification schools, but it would be "embarrassing" for "big" schools to lose to our lowly 1A Lions (ha! No kidding, I think we can compete with anyone, anywhere! BRING IT!), so we probably will never play the biggest schools in regular season. It better imo to play tough, hard-to-beat, top teams for non-district games. This better prepares a team for their district and playoff games (if make it). Well, enough of that. Looking forward to TCA.. wish it was a regular game every year.

Hey, here is Maryville's # (865) 982-1132! I'm sure they would give you a good game!! :popcorneater: