South Pittsburg Coaching

I want to start off by saying, I'm a dedicated supporter of this program, and I have been for years. But, I have some questions and concerns, and I'm looking for some feedback. This is not a bashing session, but I want some honest educated feedback. I understand we are down on talent, but it just doesn't seem right to me to take what little fighting chance you have, out of the boys hands, over questionable coaching calls.

1. Why are we still having delay of game penalties?

2. Why are we taking time outs, then when we come out we run a running play?

3. Why are we running the ball on 3rd and 15?? Why?? Please explain this to me.

4. Why are we not rotating bodies in and out of the game to give the starters just a little bit of a break during the game? I mean it accomplishes a few things by doing this. One you give the players a much needed break, plus you prepare your next up and coming starters a little playing time, and they aren't still lost come time next year when they may have to step in and play.

5.Why are not playing some of the other players?  Put them in on kick off returns or punt returns. It gives the starters a much needed break which at this point to me is more important than watching them stand on the sideline.  Come on coaches, lets play fair pool, if you are  going to play hardball.

6. Why are we running plays that take to long to develop? I mean if your facing a team that is bigger than you, you have to run plays that get the ball moving faster..period. You don't have time against a bigger school to be doing fake handoffs, or slow walking up to the line. The calls need to be ready, sent in quicker, and keep your opponent on their heels....

I know I have covered a lot, but I would like some explanations. I mean what so I know, I'm just a fan right??? I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about..

Edited by Butchie

I want to start off by saying, I'm a dedicated supporter of this program, and I have been for years. But, I have some questions and concerns, and I'm looking for some feedback. This is not a bashing session, but I want some honest educated feedback. I understand we are down on talent, but it just doesn't seem right to me to take what little fighting chance you have, out of the boys hands, over questionable coaching calls.

2. Why are we taking time outs, then when we come out we run a running play?

4. Why are we not rotating bodies in and out of the game to give the starters just a little bit of a break during the game? I mean it accomplishes a few things by doing this. One you give the players a much needed break, plus you prepare your next up and coming starters a little playing time, and they aren't still lost come time next year when they may have to step in and play.

5.Why are not playing some of the other players?  Either way, at this point does that really matter? Put them in on kick off returns or punt returns. It gives the starters a much needed break which at this point to me is more important than watching them stand on the sideline. Plus it just might give them the motivation to learn the plays or come to practice? Come on coaches, lets play fair pool, if you are going to play hardball.

6. Why are we running plays that take to long to develop? I mean if your facing a team that is bigger than you, you have to run plays that get the ball moving faster..period. You don't have time against a bigger school to be doing fake handoffs, or slow walking up to the line. The calls need to be ready, sent in quicker, and keep your opponent on their heels....

I know I have covered a lot, but I would like some explanations. I mean what so I know, I'm just a fan right??? I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about..

lose a couple with a down team and the faithful turn on you in a heartbeat ...lol

Edited by Butchie

2. Why are we taking time outs, then when we come out we run a running play?You should have put on the 1A boards you would get more responces?

5.Why are not playing some of the other players?  Either way, at this point does that really matter? Put them in on kick off returns or punt returns. It gives the starters a much needed break which at this point to me is more important than watching them stand on the sideline. Plus it just might give them the motivation to learn the plays or come to practice? Come on coaches, lets play fair pool, if you are  going to play hardball.

Hold on you will get some feed back.Should have put on 1A boards.

Edited by Butchie

You Not Allowed To Name Players Or Coaches By Name Or Number...Please Read The Rules..

I've looked and can't find the rules, but I know I have seen them before.  Maybe you or CoachT and re-post them in a prominent location.

I agree that comments about players should remain positive, but I think it should be okay to dog coaches.  They're big boys and are used to it.  JMO

There's just no way to adequately answer this question without pointing fingers, so I won't attempt.  The simple generic answer is that for the first time in several years we don't have any potential Division I athletes.  Quite frankly, at best we have Jr. College prospects.  And that's OK.  I'm not complaining.  It's just that we've been spoiled with great athletes, and now we have to dance with who we brought. Division I and II quality athletes can carry a 1A team far beyond it's normal capabilities, and when they're gone you just have to make do.  We're still a great 1A team and I don't blame any of the boys.  Like you, though, I do question some of the coaching.  But that's a staple from pee wee to the pros.