South Pittsburg Coaching

Old Pirate says coaches past, present or future are held accountable. Us fellers, all coaches included can look back & see things or adjustments that would/could have worked better. As an outsider in this feud between you two SP fans is simple, Losing stinks. OP sees the newcomer's frustration but also understands rlh's too. OP's comments might be taken as attacking the coaches, the All SP fans should respect our coaches. It is easy to make excuses but it is the coaches and administrators job to demand/insist on sportsman & self discipline. Those expectations should hold true for the fans that regularly stand on the track behind the team shouting and cursing players and coaches. Yous think OP is jest joking, then take a stroll down the sidelines at the next feud watch and listen. Those few need to be immediately exscorted out, "No warnings" except by the PA announcer before the game. Now OP ain't talking about every negative remark neither. As for the personnel, "recon cream comes to the top" figure coaches have a feel for youngons that have ability to help. The thing that gets OP jacked up is the players appear confused and obviously haven't been taught, haven't learned assignments properly. It all boils down to accountability by players, coaches and fans. BTW, the refs don't count, they ain't held accountable fer nothing!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

It truly amazes me that I even have to say this. In the real world, no one and I mean no one has all the answers, that includes me, and that also includes coaches. When your at a job and things aren't going well, you sit down and listen to other opinions, and collectively take things that have been said, and hopefully improve your overall performance. There are obviously fsns and coaches who read these forums.

But I'm hear to tell you that yes we are fans, and some of us have been coaches or are coaches. There are many knowledgeable people on here as I've read thousands of posts over the years. But the common goal on here is to have a voice as to what you are seeing that is wrong, and hopefully in some way influence someone into seeing or doing something different. As well as talk a little trash.

But please keep things in perspective here. Bottomline is we all have programs we follow, and bottomline is we want to win. So all we are asking as fans/coaches is be open minded and listen to what we have to say without getting your feelings hurt. Maybe just maybe we occasionally might have some valid insight..

Edited by TruthTellerToday

Old Pirate says coaches past, present or future are held accountable. Us fellers, all coaches included can look back & see things or adjustments that would/could have worked better. As an outsider in this feud between you two SP fans is simple, Losing stinks. OP sees the newcomer's frustration but also understands rlh's too. OP's comments might be taken as attacking the coaches, the All SP fans should respect our coaches. It is easy to make excuses but it is the coaches and administrators job to demand/insist on sportsman & self discipline. Those expectations should hold true for the fans that regularly stand on the track behind the team shouting and cursing players and coaches. Yous think OP is jest joking, then take a stroll down the sidelines at the next feud watch and listen. Those few need to be immediately exscorted out, "No warnings" except by the PA announcer before the game. Now OP ain't talking about every negative remark neither. As for the personnel, "recon cream comes to the top" figure coaches have a feel for youngons that have ability to help. The thing that gets OP jacked up is the players appear confused and obviously haven't been taught, haven't learned assignments properly. It all boils down to accountability by players, coaches and fans. BTW, the refs don't count, they ain't held accountable fer nothing!

Yes I posted that. And ill clarify this for you. When I say years, that is exactly what I meant. Not just 2011-2012. Grider put up with attitudes and players who only thought of themselves, and didn't think of their teammates. We have had a lot of stupid penalties over the years with players showboating or not showing enough restraint to keep us from getting penalized. And we had the talent to overcome mistakes like that.

We also had the talent to dig ourselves out of messes when we got behind. We don't have that now. PERIOD....So if we don't have the depth, what do you have to do? Be more resourceful with what you do have, and whose responsibility is that? The coaches!!

And I want to address my earlier statement about Grider. It wasn't his fault he had a few players with attitudes, they had been allowed to do it their whole life. Hence he had to deal with it.

The current coach inherited many of those attitudes and spent all season last year with it.  As far as the 1st 2 games go, it could be that since the were playing a 3a and 4a team with speed and depth, the coaches tried to keep their best athletes on the field all the time meaning a lot of kids played a lot on both sides and special teams.  This is the 4th Head Coach since 1968 and recall whizzing and moaning about the other 3 plenty over the years.  I don't know if you are one of those Ricky fans or what, but suspect we would be in a bigger mess with him. 

The current coach inherited many of those attitudes and spent all season last year with it. As far as the 1st 2 games go, it could be that since the were playing a 3a and 4a team with speed and depth, the coaches tried to keep their best athletes on the field all the time meaning a lot of kids played a lot on both sides and special teams. This is the 4th Head Coach since 1968 and recall whizzing and moaning about the other 3 plenty over the years. I don't know if you are one of those Ricky fans or what, but suspect we would be in a bigger mess with him.

I'll say this one more time where you can understand it. I am a supporter of Sp and have been for a long time. I have nothing to do with Jasper, Ricky, or his football team. I honestly don't care what they do, care who they play, or any of that nonesense. All I care about is that we win on Halloween night, and I mean SP.

Now that you bring up a subject I was leaving along. Ill address it. So what he inherited it. Bottomline is he did inherit it. And once you do inherit it, its yours plain and simple. There was many times we could have made statements with these kids, and we chose not to. Unlike most people I'm not about winning at all costs. I believe you should be held accountable for your actions, and not given a slap on the wrist. Had we done that, maybe just maybe the issues wouldn't have carried tinto the playoffs and in to the state title game.

Since you seem to have all the answers concerning the first 2 games, did we play the best players? Come on now take your bifocals off and be honest. Did we have talent on the sideline watching that shouldve been in at some point somewhere? Are the best players 100% if they play the whole game with no break? No they are not... They are 85% at best in the 4th quarter because they have had no break. And in addition to that because they have played the entire game they are subject to getting injured more easily, and then you don't have them for other games when you need them. So what is the answer??? Rotate them in and out is your only option with no depth. You have to keep your playere as fresh as possible if you want to wear down a bigger more physical team. Did we have shot in the first game? ? No we didn't....but did we have a chance in the second game?? Yes we did...but because we are running the wrong offense and because we are making the wrong coaching decisions we took what chance we had and flushed it.

Edited by TruthTellerToday

The best players are playing. Let me ask you a question how many practice have you coached those boys at this year truth teller? How many film sessions have you sat in with them? How many times have you coached these football players on fundamental and technique and repetition? Not one time. Not one. You are making south pittsburg sound horrible right now. Wanna know why people say sp is a bunch of cry babies it's because of people like you that get on a message board and dog out regimes with the typical they are in the wrong offense or defense comment. I have never seen one coach say you know what let's run this offense this year because I want to lose. Get real man. The best players have played in every game except #5 for some reason. The others haven't played for coaches reasons whether that is mentally ready or whatever. What offense do you think we should be in? Power I? Lol cause we don't have the linemen for that. Wing t? Not quick enough on pulling and reach blocking. Coaches coach, players play, fans watch. Good luck pirates the rest of the season.

LOPAO..........Recon the SOS should be involved with the youth cause theys giving him money so he would come to Jasper. Pert near sure ain't No program round OP is heard of that had to raise and pay $ for a high school coach. Roy, jest what kind of mess is this? It weren't a few.....dollars neither! How's bout you SM fellers, do your little league have to raise thousands of dollars for that Price man?

I garuntee you this is a bunch of mess.  That Ross man got that little league boys to pay for some of his salary.  What kind of mess is this?  Grider never even did that.  He just raised the ticket price to get into his stadium a few dollars to pay his salary.  You think im joking but im not.