South Pittsburg Coaching

LOPAO..........Recon the SOS should be involved with the youth cause theys giving him money so he would come to Jasper. Pert near sure ain't No program round OP is heard of that had to raise and pay $ for a high school coach. Roy, jest what kind of mess is this? It weren't a few.....dollars neither! How's bout you SM fellers, do your little league have to raise thousands of dollars for that Price man?

The Hamilton County pay is soooo good, that the coaches don't need no little league supplement . . . NOT!

Our biggest problem is tryin' to keep the sweatervest recruiters away from the young Mountain boys.  <_<

We must be doin' somethin' right, though, 'cause our middle school team has over seventy kids on it; and, ther kickin' butt this year. redthumb.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

It truly amazes me that I post on here for the 3rd time, and I'm all of a sudden not a true fan, or I don't know what I'm talking about? I have been at almost every single game now...home and away for the better part of 13 years, so to address your posts about not being a fan? Give me a break please. Just because I have only 3 posts might mean I've had nothing to comment on up until this point. And that also doesn't mean I'm a sore loser. Yes we are down in the talent area, and yes we are going to lose some ballgames. But does that mean you don't put for your best playing and coaching effort???

Secondly as far as backs are concerned, yes we do have some backs standing on the sidelines, and in particular #5. My point in all this, as I obviously have to explain again for some of you cant remember what this post was about to begin with was..

1. Why are we no rotating personnel? I mean the last time I checked people need and deserve a break. If you play the entire ballgame you will not be 100 percent at the end of it, and yes this is happening, because I'm there to see it and your not. The bottomline is if your down in talent and your down in numbers, what do you to do to win? Be smarter than your opponent, and keep fresh bodies rotating in and out to make sure you don't run out of gas!

2. Now to address the RB position. #5 is your best option for speed, period. I mean how is this guy last year came in one game for a half, and had several scores and many yards in one half, but now he sits on the sidline watching? Now am I saying he needs to be starting RB? No but I am saying he is talent that is standing and watching, when he could be contributing. ..PERIOD

3. Now to address the comment about playing bigger schools. Yes we play bigger schools. So to not give your best effort as a player or your best effort as a coach, just doesn't cut it. No they aren't 1-A schools but please forgive me BUT IT DOES MATTER IF YOU WIN. There are implications if you don't. So don't play or coach these games any differently. Put your BEST talent on the field, and give them every opportunity to win! Including your best coachng performance.

Lastly... We have 2 schools who around us one north of us and the other south of us, who would like nothing better than to take what talent we have left. And as Roy puts it! You think I'm joking but I'm not!

It has to do with your 3rd post coming in here and busting on the coaches.  Plus you seemed to think this coach had something to do with 2011 and 2012 Pirates the way you worded things. If I want to here Jasper Junk, I will go hang out in Jasper.

Edited by rlh

I am busting on the coaches. Not trying to hide it. If you think, that i dont know what im talking about, ill dust a seat off for you and show you what I'm talking about. I have a dry erase board and a playbook.

I don't know that I brought anything up about 2011 or 2012, so obviously you have me confused with someone else.

Just keep doing what your doing and the end of the season we will see what your record looks like.

Edited by TruthTellerToday

I am busting on the coaches. Not trying to hide it. If you think, that i dont know what im talking about, ill dust a seat off for you and show you what I'm talking about. I have a dry erase board and a playbook.

I don't know that I brought anything up about 2011 or 2012, so obviously you have me confused with someone else.

Just keep doing what your doing and the end of the season we will see what your record looks like.

It has nothing to do with being faithful. These problems having been going on for years, the difference is you don't have the talent to make up for it now.

The whole point I'm trying to make if things aren't working change them.

I will refresh your memory. 

Edited by rlh

Yes I posted that. And ill clarify this for you. When I say years, that is exactly what I meant. Not just 2011-2012. Grider put up with attitudes and players who only thought of themselves, and didn't think of their teammates. We have had a lot of stupid penalties over the years with players showboating or not showing enough restraint to keep us from getting penalized. And we had the talent to overcome mistakes like that.

We also had the talent to dig ourselves out of messes when we got behind. We don't have that now. PERIOD....So if we don't have the depth, what do you have to do? Be more resourceful with what you do have, and whose responsibility is that? The coaches!!

And I want to address my earlier statement about Grider. It wasn't his fault he had a few players with attitudes, they had been allowed to do it their whole life. Hence he had to deal with it.

Edited by TruthTellerToday