1A & 2A AP Polls

TheAmbassador

Imma Cloudland fan and have been but I don't see us being top 10 in 1a. I'd love if we was that good but it would be real tuff for us just to hang with the likes of Greenback, Coalfield, SP. I wish we was at that point. Hopefully I get proved wrong.

At the skill positions, we are as good as any of the 3 through 10 teams.  What will be our achilles heel is a couple of weak links in the line.  We're not good enough up front to hang with top 10 teams right now.  That don't mean it can't change between now and the playoffs.  We got put out by Midway in the 2nd round last year and they weren't even a top ten program.  We gotta lot of work to do between now and week 10

There were 18 AP folks involved in the voting, therefore, the 18 first place votes available.

They are Tennessee AP-member sportswriters that were selected. I remember they use to give the names of the voters or at least the papers they wrote for...I don't know why they don't release this information anymore.

Each first place vote is worth 10 points, second place is worth 9 points and all the way down to one point for a tenth place vote.

For Union City not to get all 18 first place votes is one thing, but to have received only 176 total points they were give a second place vote (9 points) AND a fourth place vote (7 points).

OR they were given 2 third place votes (8 points each)

If I were a betting man, I'd say the 2 writers that gave Greenback and Cloudland their first place votes, each gave Union City their third place votes.

If i had a vote, Union City would get my first place vote and I really have no problem with someone from the eastern part of the State giving Greenback a first place vote. But I don't understand Union City receiving a fourth place vote or 2 third place votes.

The link on the coacht home page that was up (i am not sure if it is still there) has all the papers that are represented in the poll.  Not that it helps very much!

After looking further, I am pretty sure that article on the front page has been rewritten since it was originally released.  

Edited by Monkey Wrench

I totally agree.Whats funny is there will be the best from the West and the best from the East at the end the rest of the numbers dont even matter.I do think NC is the best behind UC but that wont matter because only one team from the West will represent.So funny how people react to a poll.As one said earlier it will change drastically in a few weeks.UC wasnt even in it this time last yr.

Im thinking WC might have an argument about the ncs comment. UC is number one, no doubt about it, but a healthy WC team is very similar to UC's team. But it's just a poll and I wish WC hadn't even received a vote, rather fly under the radar.

Im thinking WC might have an argument about the ncs comment. UC is number one, no doubt about it, but a healthy WC team is very similar to UC's team. But it's just a poll and I wish WC hadn't even received a vote, rather fly under the radar.

I have so much respect for Wayne County, but you are a year away from being a legitimate threat from the west. Every team except Nashville Christian gets mercy ruled by Union City this season unless something catastrophic happens.

Way to early to have a "serious" football pool. Some have played 2 games and most 3. I bet that if you looked hard you wou find that most of the team that are 3-0 openents have very few if any wins. So we need more games to see what everyone really has as far as talent. As someone else said, you don't need a pool to tell you what kind of team you are. A poll that simple lets folks "vote" for team is silly. Too much opinion and home cooking going on. One would have to look at win-loss record, your opponents win-loss record, strength of schedule and other items to come up with an accurate poll. You also can not base it solely as what someone did in the past or think that a team has the "right" to be number one until they get beat. Can a 1-2 team be better than a 3-0 or 2-1 team? I say yes. Don't get me wrong, I support Clarksville Academy and we should not be ranked at this point. But, we are 1-2 and going into week 4, we will play our first game against a 1A team.

I have so much respect for Wayne County, but you are a year away from being a legitimate threat from the west. Every team except Nashville Christian gets mercy ruled by Union City this season unless something catastrophic happens.

I don't know where you keep getting this year away stuff at, WC is a little better than the attention they're getting. I don't mean any disrespect when I say that either, and also why don't you ask the Nashville Christian fans about our little ole team.

I don't know where you keep getting this year away stuff at, WC is a little better than the attention they're getting. I don't mean any disrespect when I say that either, and also why don't you ask the Nashville Christian fans about our little ole team.

Wayne County is a year away from competing for the gold. Trust what I'm saying. Union City is too strong this season. Wayne County has a great sophomore class. Once those kids are juniors you will be looking at a fun two year ride. You don't win the big game with sophomores. I've seen it too many times. Trousdale comes to SP in 2007 with sophomores. They were solid, but weren't really good until 2008-2009 with back to back titles when this kids were juniors and seniors. Same scenario for SP in 1997. Loaded with sophomores. Won big in 1998-1999. That's the way it works. Wayne will have a solid year, but the big years are the next two. Watch what I'm saying. Edited by TheAmbassador

Similar in what way, you both play on friday night

Wayne County is a year away from competing for the gold. Trust what I'm saying. Union City is too strong this season. Wayne County has a great sophomore class. Once those kids are juniors you will be looking at a fun two year ride. You don't win the big game with sophomores. I've seen it too many times. Trousdale comes to SP in 2007 with sophomores. They were solid, but weren't really good until 2008-2009 with back to back titles when this kids were juniors and seniors. Same scenario for SP in 1997. Loaded with sophomores. Won big in 1998-1999. That's the way it works. Wayne will have a solid year, but the big years are the next two. Watch what I'm saying.

wc only has only 3 or 4 soph playing meaningful minutes the rest are jun or seniors with a freshman throwed in here or there