Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

PLEASE!  M'ville fans get off the defensive snide.  EVERYBODY knows that GQ and his staff are are the MAIN reason M'ville is winning and rated the top program in the state.  It was merely suggested that MAYBE zoning MIGHT be SOME factor because OPEN ZONED schools historically do better than schools that are not.  Nothing illogical, hateful or disrespectful.

NOBODY is saying anything negative about Maryville.  That is a DELUSION in the twisted minds of a very few M'ville fans who use it as an excuse to inject themselves and their venom onto any and every blog on CoachT.  We all know who they are.  And if you are foolish enough to even read their posts, don't compound that mistake by actually believing their tripe much less responding to it.  Red Robin in particular please take note.....

Poor little baby .... I love it that I'm in your head so much !! lol 

Here it is , Poor Little RedRobin got Butthurt because "Y'all had been filling this thread with all of your reasons why the Memphis teams (including, but not only, Whitehaven) doesn't have as many championships as the teams from "the East" (specifically mentioning Maryville, Alcoa" ....

The Funny thing is there RedRobin you're mad at " Y'all " and you don't even know who " Y'all " is . There are no Maryville fans on here talking Smack , but that didn't stop you from doing the exact same thing that all the Ensworth haters have been doing for years ... You threw out something trying to diminish the accomplishments of the Maryville kids .... I thought you would be one of the last ones to do that seeing as how much you have had to deal with it . Maryville plays by the same rules as everybody else does across the State , there are many teams just like Maryville across the entire State .... It really is beyond pitiful that you would try to do the same thing that all your haters have done . Ya , that's how Maryville has always won , by cheating and getting all these D1 Studs on our team every year .... How do you " BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS ??? " I don't know but maybe like Ensworth here in just 9 years has probably had 5X the Number of D1 Players as Maryville has had in the last 70 years !!!!!     LOL , Just think about that you Clown , here you are trying to point a finger at Maryville who has Accomplished everything they have without very many D1 Studs at all .... what a big bad man you are to want to throw suspicion and Doubt towards a Team that wins by a bunch of blue collar , Hard working " Richie Cunningham " ( ya according to your buddy BHS ) type players . 

Gotta watch out for this RedRobin.  He's a special type of Clown.  Thinks he's better and above everyone else because he has an assigned parking spot next to Bowers.  Problem is he's no better than anybody else and it just eats at him.

BHS/KWC check ya boy out, 2nd td return of the night!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=11560994

Thanks for posting the TD run Havengrad04. You saved me the effort of having to go look it up. Now I want to see his first TD of the night. I wasn't aware that he put on a 'Return Clinic' at the ole' ball coach's expense. The Commercial Appeal caught my eye with a small written summary that was titled "Whitehaven Sim's Ties Record" Those little articles aren't on the website, so I pulled up the box scores/recap to confirm what I read. His first TD was the opening kick-off that went for 91 yards. The CA stated that he currently leads the nation in combined kick/punt return yards with 391 and he is also leading the nation with kick-off TDs with those two from this game. Vandy will play Kentucky this Saturday. I wonder if he gets anymore balls kicked his way this season? As I sat there and watched it I couldn't help but remember all of the punts that he would take to the house. It got to the point that you were expecting one every game. Good for Darrius.

Edited by kwc

coach10ac:

I know that Distrct 16 AAA has become a stronger district because coach Cructhfield is a very good coach and it would just be a matter of time before he started putting a quality football team on the field. This is his 4th or 5th season at Central and you are now seeing what he can do with the talent that is walking the halls. He is a very good coach and they are going to be a tough out from here on out.

We have taken care of business as far as post season seeding purposes are concerned. We have beat the two 6A teams in our district ... White Station and Central. Now we have to take care of business with the 5A teams in district. We play Melrose tonight. We are expected to win. I believe that we will. Should we take care of business, like I know we should ... that will leave Ridgeway at Halle, and then East, at home (who decided to make them our homecoming game?)

White Station's at 0-4. They still have CBHS, Arlington, and Central to play. They will have to win all of their remaing games to make the post season. I don't doubt that they can, but it is going to be difficult for them. They didn't help themselves with that schedule they put together.

I know Central is probably going to be in the post season in 6A in Memphis. The jury is out on White Station. That leaves who else for Quad 4? Well looking at the current regional standings I've come up with the following to date, in no particular order:

Whitehaven and Central from District 16, Houston, Collierville, and Southwind from District 15, Arlington and Bartlett from District 14, and Brighton from District 13.  Right now, I think White Station from District 16, Germantown, Wooddale, and Kirby from District 15, Cordova and Bolton from District 14 are long shots. It's still early and some of those may change, but by and large, for the most part ... the 8 teams that I just named are probably going to be who makes it into the post season quad 4 playoff bracket. We want the one seed in that bracket. Winning our next three games will more then likely give us the one seed. That is what we need to accomplish.

We start with Melrose tonight.

Whitehaven 34, Melrose 12 ... mission accomplished.

Sims looked great last night. Wish UT had him. Looks like Dodson is waiting his turn. Ole Miss has a crowded backfield.

Open Zone isn't why Maryville is winning so much. GQ and his staff are the main reasons Maryville is winning.

Rebelron:

From what coach10ac just stated. Sims wanted to be a Vol ... they thought he was undersized. My words of wisdom to any of the UT coaching staff that may happen to read these boards ... when you play Vandy ... don't kick the ball to Sims ... ever. He's just a sophomore, so he's going to be there a while ... so just practice kicking it out of bounds. If he wants to take one to the house on anybody ... it's UT.

Too bad Franklin left Vandy to coach at Penn State. If he would have stayed I think that Robinette would have been the starter from day one. I think that the current Vandy coach will be gone after next year if he can't turn things around. (University of Memphis' coach is going to be a popular choice for a lot of big schools looking for an up and coming coach... they (Memphis) had better lock him down before the season is over because schools like Vandy will be in hot pursuit)

I agree...

Look at all those state championships at DB, Sevier Co. Milan, JCM, Science Hill, Cookeville and Elizabethton since the playoff era began.

These open Zone schools are raking!!!!

Naming a bunch of schools that aren't winning doesn't change the fact that schools like Maryville and Alcoa ARE winning.  It just points out that there isn't parity at the top, for WHATEVER reason.

Personally, I think the greater success of SOME open zone schools has little if anything to do with their zoning and more to do with the quality of their coaching staffs, the rabid community support, and a plethora of PEDs.  Inbreeding with accidentally positive results, such as a Stars n Bars or better, a dumb but over sized lad perfectly suited for the line, never hurts.  Not to mention the aluminum byproduct wastes in the water which I'm told enhances speed....

Any word on the Vandy QB that got his bell rung?

Edited by owlbooster

I agree with you kwc. I do not understand that form of coaching to be honest . Creating instability at the most important position on the field is beyond me. I hate to say this but it has made him look a bit like a loose cannon and someone not capable of managing a football team.

Rebelron:

From what coach10ac just stated. Sims wanted to be a Vol ... they thought he was undersized. My words of wisdom to any of the UT coaching staff that may happen to read these boards ... when you play Vandy ... don't kick the ball to Sims ... ever. He's just a sophomore, so he's going to be there a while ... so just practice kicking it out of bounds. If he wants to take one to the house on anybody ... it's UT.

Too bad Franklin left Vandy to coach at Penn State. If he would have stayed I think that Robinette would have been the starter from day one. I think that the current Vandy coach will be gone after next year if he can't turn things around. (University of Memphis' coach is going to be a popular choice for a lot of big schools looking for an up and coming coach... they (Memphis) had better lock him down before the season is over because schools like Vandy will be in hot pursuit)

Rebelron:

Too bad Franklin left Vandy to coach at Penn State. If he would have stayed I think that Robinette would have been the starter from day one. I think that the current Vandy coach will be gone after next year if he can't turn things around. (University of Memphis' coach is going to be a popular choice for a lot of big schools looking for an up and coming coach... they (Memphis) had better lock him down before the season is over because schools like Vandy will be in hot pursuit)

Exactly. .. that's exactly what he told me. . They kept calling and inviting him to those camps and didn offer him. Vandy heard about him. Invited him to a camp And when they saw his skill they offered him on the spot before the camp even ended. .. so he has a chip on his shoulder with UT and rightfully so. .. so I hope someone sees this to. He wants nothing more than to burn them before he leaves vandy. .. I've watched this young man since he first stepped on da haven grounds. Take it from me UT, don't kick to him. .