Marion County football 2015

Indian

The Deputies are coming out to practice locating the close thread button already! Return to boredom......Closing threads....Recon it's time to take time off and stick to reading the Times-Free Press, see you fellers when the feuding starts.

Discussing ethnicity wasnt going to end well. You may need to be a little more concerned about the first game than what is happening in Jasper.

Ok here goes Marion County should have around 70+/- players out ths season.They have been working hard and getting stronger(as every other team ). Like every team we play we lost some good players and have holes to fill,but that opens up opportunities for younger players to step up. We just hope to be competitive this season

i seen on Gossipbook aka Facebook that one of your little jasperites won camper of the week at that Grider man's kids camp last week. Good for him. I've seen that boy play multi sports and he is the real deal. still a kid, but loves to play the game. Special kid. I hope his parents see this post. I mean it.

Discussing ethnicity wasnt going to end well. You may need to be a little more concerned about the first game than what is happening in Jasper.

Indian what kind of mess is this? Aint nobody being racist. You almost as bad as Barney. I garuntee you aint no board rules been broke either. I aint even joking.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to go to the 3rd page to find this mess. What is going on with the County school? Picked to contend for the State championship again and it's crickets in here. I'm hearing upwards of 65 kids on the team. Anyone got the breakdown by grade? I'm glad to see the spirit revived. Regardless of how good Ross is, all this is because that McCurry man knows how to revitalize down programs

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

I had to go to the 3rd page to find this mess. What is going on with the County school? Picked to contend for the State championship again and it's crickets in here. I'm hearing upwards of 65 kids on the team. Anyone got the breakdown by grade? I'm glad to see the spirit revived. Regardless of how good Ross is, all this is because that McCurry man knows how to revitalize down programs

77-79 kids are slated to head to camp tomorrow in Georgia. McCurry did turn the program back in the right direction, Ross has taken that and went to the next level with it. I think you will be surprised at how good the defense is this year. Remember, other than you and Ambassador, most sp folks said last year that last year would be our only year to be good. I think after that fourth week a few may change their minds. Defensively mc will be nasty, offensively, the team will lack the three yard guarantee that Zeman was able to provide, but should be way more dynamic and are loaded at running back and receiver, plus the offensive line is all a year older and will only lose one offensive lineman after this year. Their is no doubt who the better qb is on the roster, not downing Bryce at all after what he did for the team last year, but he is naturally a tight end. The question becomes can Logan learn the offense and what is he doing to learn it, is his attitude right, how much extra work is he putting in with the coaches and such. Knowing Logan he is probably spending lots of extra time with the coaches in his spare time. Last year Bryce came early and stayed late working with coach Mathis to learn the system. With Logan at qb, mc has a chance to go undefeated in the regular season and with him not at qb, 8-2 or 7-3 is the best we can hope for. The schedule really ramps up this year with Hixson, who is preseason number eight in the area and are picked to win their district. Funny, most sp folks say this will be hixsons worst year in a while when we play them, but last year was supposed to be one of their best when y'all played them. Any decent four a school will give a two a club fits if for no other reason than depth. Meigs, tyner and Boyd will also be tough and brainerds athletes will cause problems. Staying healthy will be key to surviving this season. We should have kept whitwell on the schedule this year in order to get a breather instead of putting hixson on the schedule. This district has to be one of the best in the state, especially in 2A. To answer your question about grades, I think I heard of only seven seniors, and 28 freshmen. Someone may know for sure that's closer to the program.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

77-79 kids are slated to head to camp tomorrow in Georgia. McCurry did turn the program back in the right direction, Ross has taken that and went to the next level with it. I think you will be surprised at how good the defense is this year. Remember, other than you and Ambassador, most sp folks said last year that last year would be our only year to be good. I think after that fourth week a few may change their minds. Defensively mc will be nasty, offensively, the team will lack the three yard guarantee that Zeman was able to provide, but should be way more dynamic and are loaded at running back and receiver, plus the offensive line is all a year older and will only lose one offensive lineman after this year. Their is no doubt who the better qb is on the roster, not downing Bryce at all after what he did for the team last year, but he is naturally a tight end. The question becomes can Logan learn the offense and what is he doing to learn it, is his attitude right, how much extra work is he putting in with the coaches and such. Knowing Logan he is probably spending lots of extra time with the coaches in his spare time. Last year Bryce came early and stayed late working with coach Mathis to learn the system. With Logan at qb, mc has a chance to go undefeated in the regular season and with him not at qb, 8-2 or 7-3 is the best we can hope for. The schedule really ramps up this year with Hixson, who is preseason number eight in the area and are picked to win their district. Funny, most sp folks say this will be hixsons worst year in a while when we play them, but last year was supposed to be one of their best when y'all played them. Any decent four a school will give a two a club fits if for no other reason than depth. Meigs, tyner and Boyd will also be tough and brainerds athletes will cause problems. Staying healthy will be key to surviving this season. We should have kept whitwell on the schedule this year in order to get a breather instead of putting hixson on the schedule. This district has to be one of the best in the state, especially in 2A. To answer your question about grades, I think I heard of only seven seniors, and 28 freshmen. Someone may know for sure that's closer to the program.

TTP what kind of mess is this bunch of crap? Did you just say and give credit to that McCurry man turning the program in the right direction? Are you joking me? Did he do it the right way? Was you Marion people not in trouble with that Childress man from the get go? What kind of lessons were taught to those boys? Yea that paint job and stealing play books might have been just known within the coaching staff but I garuntee you they is a whole mess of you purple wearing folks that new about that Hale man practicing and you just turned a eye the other way. I garuntee you that Ross man is a lot better coach than that McCurry man cause I do think he is winning the right way. You should be ashamed of your self for giving that McCurry man any credit. Just because he won doesn't mean he did it the durn right way. Theys no telling what we dont no that happened. I aint joking either.

As of right now we are expecting to have 75 +/- kids. That is as big of a teams that I have ever known to be at Marion. We do not have a lot of seniors on the field contributing, we are very heavy with contributing Juniors in which a lot of them were starters on last years squad as sophomores. Next year could easily be the best team if a replacement QB is found, which  Scott Barton's son looks the part and has the coaches very excited. This years sophomore class is large as well with several contributors that played significantly last year and some new faces as well, especially in the skill spots.

This years offense should be much more dynamic, last year it was kept very basic because of time and first time QB.

Defense, should be NASTY. We must replace Zeman at LB and Hayden Tuders at tackle. We return 4 year starter at MLB, Henderson's is arguably the best player on the field at safety, McClain at LB was very good last year and has gotten much bigger, and LB Kirkendoll  looks like he has gained 25 lbs. of muscle. He will be a load this year. Tucker at DT should build on his All-State from last year as a sophomore too. Way to many starters are back that included many sophomores to not have a chance to be very dominate. I would be shocked if we were not.

By grade breakdown and IMO best players in each class that started last year. I put in bold, a  select few, is what i believe whom the game changers are, the guys that are very hard to deal with for the opposing team.

Seniors, approx. 14: Walters QB, Massengale QB, Henderson RB/S, Wildermuth OT/DT, Baxter LB, Downs FB/S, Stephens K, Beasley RB

Juniors, approx. 21: Kirkendoll LB, Murray RB,  Tucker DT, Zeman LB/WB, McClain FB/LB, (Campbell, Walters, Morrison, Tucker; 4 offensive lineman that started all 15 games last year) Hefner OT/DT

Sophomores, Approx. 15;  Saylors WB/C, 

Freshman, Approx. 28