Marion Co. @ Meigs

BooBoo5

BTW, Love you calling them Jasper! They shown chinks in their armor, 1st game didn't reveal a disciplined team with 16 penalties for 130 yds. Don't know about 2nd game?

tons of penalties in second game too...of course realize that the freshman and sophomore teams have played five of eight quarters in the two games. Penalty count is skewed a bit.

tons of penalties in second game too...of course realize that the freshman and sophomore teams have played five of eight quarters in the two games. Penalty count is skewed a bit.

Most of the penalties (procedure calls) were on the younguns. The first team is pretty disciplined so far, but there are kinks that need to be worked out.

Most of the penalties (procedure calls) were on the younguns. The first team is pretty disciplined so far, but there are kinks that need to be worked out.

You are correct. Thats what can be worrisome offensively this week, we haven't ran much offense in two games. We haven't started a drive outside of the 50 yard line yet. That will change this week, so we will see how they respond. I believe defensively we will be fine.

You are correct. Thats what can be worrisome offensively this week, we haven't ran much offense in two games. We haven't started a drive outside of the 50 yard line yet. That will change this week, so we will see how they respond. I believe defensively we will be fine.

There you go, Old Pirate's point exactly Edited by OLD PIRATE

There you go, Old Pirate's point exactly

And i believe its a valid point. But do realize also, is that the reason that has happened because the starting defense has been dominate. Hixson had 22 yards  and Grundy was way less than that. I don't care about Grundy's number and neither should anyone else really, but 22 to Hixson is pretty dang good considering they had over 300 yards rushing the next week against Walker Valley. Our defense has really not allowed our offense to play ball. 

And i believe its a valid point. But do realize also, is that the reason that has happened because the starting defense has been dominate. Hixson had 22 yards  and Grundy was way less than that. I don't care about Grundy's number and neither should anyone else really, but 22 to Hixson is pretty dang good considering they had over 300 yards rushing the next week against Walker Valley. Our defense has really not allowed our offense to play ball. 

I said that the defense would score more points than the opponents offense on more than one occasion this season, I stand corrected.  It maybe most games.  This defense is very good.  They have been prepared well, they read offenses very fast.

Edited by rikberry