Chattanooga area boys 2016-17

FootballFan51

Wow! Seems like your drank the blue and white kool-aid. 12-14 kids that could start at most high schools????? Goodness, maybe they should farm some of them out because you can't play but 5 at a time.. They haven't won a district championship in at least the past three years. Maybe this is their year. We (Walker Valley) gave them more than they wanted last night and should beat them at our place.

Cleveland definitely doesn't have 12-14 guys that could start on other teams, that's a ridiculous statement. They have maybe 2 such guys, KK Curry and Deonte Ware. Ware looks the be dealing with an injury, he didn't start and appeared to be limping throughout the game. Lets not forget that this was a 14 point game with 4 minutes left, made closer by some really bone headed Cleveland mistakes. WV is capable of beating Cleveland, but they have no one to guard KK in the post or to keep him off the glass. Cleveland has another tough test Tuesday. The Raiders have a hard time guarding Copeland, so it should be a good one. Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland definitely doesn't have 12-14 guys that could start on other teams, that's a ridiculous statement. They have maybe 2 such guys, KK Curry and Deonte Ware. Ware looks the be dealing with an injury, he didn't start and appeared to be limping throughout the game. Lets not forget that this was a 14 point game with 4 minutes left, made closer by some really bone headed Cleveland mistakes. WV is capable of beating Cleveland, but they have no one to guard KK in the post or to keep him off the glass. Cleveland has another tough test Tuesday. The Raiders have a hard time guarding Copeland, so it should be a good one.

Looking at scores and records it would seem that CHS is much better than either WV or BC. With these 3 local teams the only thing that is certain is nothing is certain. In this community they all grow up playing each other and are not intimidated by whichever is most talented. CHS probably wins the district season but if history proves anything rarely does the regular season champ win the tournament.

I agree that Brainerd & Tyner are the top of the class. My son plays for Red Bank and we lost 6 seniors from last seasons team including all 5 starters, so we are very young this year. I think we can win some games but I wouldn't expect any against those 2.

Tyner is better than I thought. Red Bank has some work to do but they can get better. I want to see Tyner and Brainerd hook up.

Tyner is better than I thought. Red Bank has some work to do but they can get better. I want to see Tyner and Brainerd hook up.

We are a mess offensively right now, bad decisions and bad passes and not looking for the open guy with a better shot. These guys can play much better than they are right now but it appears it will take a while to get there. I kind of thought this was about how that game would go and next Tuesday against Brainerd will be tough too. Brainerd/Tyner will be something!

Brainerd is not the same Brainerd High school that was led by Robert High.  Yes this coach is winning but he is doing it with everyone else talent.  They have been recruiting for about 3 years now and have the nerve to complain about the private schools.  Under Coach High in the 80s through the 2000s you never heard of his not representing the school in a positive light

Brainerd is not the same Brainerd High school that was led by Robert High. Yes this coach is winning but he is doing it with everyone else talent. They have been recruiting for about 3 years now and have the nerve to complain about the private schools. Under Coach High in the 80s through the 2000s you never heard of his not representing the school in a positive light

Coach High is a legend and produced quality young men who are now successful in life. And just so happened to win several gold balls. In that order.