Class A Miss Basketball Nominations

CoachT

Please consider Caitlyn Yost, a senior at Forrest High School in Chapel Hill, TN District 9a.  She has been starting for Forrest since she was in 8th grade and is the all time leading scorer for the school, at well over the 2000 point mark in her career now.  She is a 5 year starter for the lady Rockets and has also received district 9a all season and all tournament awards for the 5 years.  Yost has been recruited and had offers from several division I schools and has signed to play for Belmont University. 

This years stats Points:420(20PG) Rebounds:74(3.5PG) Assists:29(1.4PG) Steals:21(1PG)  Shooting 84% from the free throw line and 42% from the 3 point line

Career stats Points:2388(16PG) Rebounds:676(4.5PG) Assists:269(1.8PG) Steals:225(1.3PG)

Ali Golden from Huntland should definitely be a finalist- Great kid Hard worker and a competitor

Current Stats: 23.4 Points per game, 4.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 3 steals.  

Almost 2400 career points,  3.93 GPA. 

Has led her team to a 21-3 record and a top ten ranking in the current AP poll and back to back 20 win seasons.

2016 season highlights http://www.hudl.com/v/1Eqq1G

Caitlyn Yost of Forrest High School--undeniably one of the best players in TN in the 2017 class. Can play any position, shoots from everywhere and great leadership qualities. Golden from Huntland is great too but 1 on 1 Yost will win.

Golden 35 points Yost 25 points Huntland wins the game.  1 on 1 Yost tried to guard Golden and it did not turn out well

Golden 35 points Yost 25 points Huntland wins the game.  1 on 1 Yost tried to guard Golden and it did not turn out well

Yost also fouled out of this game which I have never seen happen, maybe bad refs or good ones in your mind. I have watched basketball for years just because I love the sport, in my opinion Yost has it--one game doesn't mean much. If I based My decision on the coach--Golden would get it. Yost is underutilized, Forrest doesn't even run plays half the time, where as the whole game is focused on Golden for Huntland. Sorry if my opinion isn't yours....

Please consider, Senior F/C, Chelsey Perry of Middleton for Miss Basketball, Class A.  She is a 2.5 year starter for the Lady Tigers.  Chelsey is a 4.0 student who signed with UT Martin as a junior last year.  You won't find a better young lady than Chelsey to represent this great state.

2014-15 (10th grade)  315 points, 273 reb, 56 blocks, 81 steals, 34 assists, 56 FG%, 74 FT%

2015-16 (11th grade)  413 points, 385 reb, 87 blocks, 95 steals, 65 assists, 51 FG%, 68 FT%

2016-17 (12th grade)  332 points, 236 reb, 109 blocks, 36 steals, 49 assists, 51 FG%, 80 FT%

(Thru 1/30/17)

Chelsey has totaled so far through her 2.5 seasons: 1060 pts, 1004 rebounds, 252 blks

In 2014-15 Chelsey helped lead the Lady Tigers to the Class A State Championship with a perfect 35-0 record.  She was named to the All-District Team for District 15A.  She was also named State Tournament MVP for Class A.

In 2015-16 Chelsey helped lead the Lady Tigers to the Class A State Final Four with a 32-1 record.  She was named to the All-District and All-District Tournament Teams for District 15A, and All-Region Team for Region 8A.  She was a member of the All-State Tournament Team.  She was named an All-State Selection, and was also named 1st Team All-West Tennessee.

Chelsey also helped lead the Lady Tigers to 67 consecutive victories over the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Thank you for your consideration for Chelsey Perry for Miss Basketball, Class A.